Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ian Rappaport- Cousins will sign tag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Get rid of Kirk or get rid of Allen? Cousins won't negotiate with Bruce Allen! Danny what are you gonna do?!!!!

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/source-kirk-cousins-will-not-negotiate-long-term-deal-while-bruce-allen-redskins?utm_content=buffer17d48&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

What they should do: fire Bruce Allen and re-hire Scot McCloughan.
What they could do: fire Bruce Allen and bump Scott Campbell up to acting GM.
What they will do: keep Bruce, fake trying to re-sign Kirk, bumble and stumble around, lose Kirk, and watch the 2017 season go down the drain.
big44dog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Get rid of Kirk or get rid of Allen? Cousins won't negotiate with Bruce Allen! Danny what are you gonna do?!!!!

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/source-kirk-cousins-will-not-negotiate-long-term-deal-while-bruce-allen-redskins?utm_content=buffer17d48&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Did Kirk just become the Lebron James of the NFL? It's time for Gruden to grow a pair and play peacemaker.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Corley who's a former agent was just on the Bram Weinstein show and suggested the Redskins trade Kirk to the Browns & get their 1st & 4th rnd picks & Osweiler back because the Browns are offering to pay some of his guaranteed money and Brock could only cost $6M‬.

He doesn't think Kirk will re-sign in Washington unless they pay him an Andrew Luck type deal or more and he thinks the skins would be foolish to not trade him now.

I know, I know, Brock Osweiler! But, we'd get draft picks back also, Brock would be cheap and Gruden is known as a qb whisperer. Having McCoy and Osweiler battle it out for the starting qb job with Sufield continuing to develop behind them doesn't seem the end of the world to me, especially if we end up with $18 more million in cap space to spend on Pryor and a few more defenders.

Yes, Brock was awful last year but who knows, maybe Gruden can do something with him when O'Brien couldn't. Maybe Gruden can turn Brock or Mccoy into Cousins lite and we'll have more cap space to build our defense get Pryor.

Let me say, I'm not in favor of doing this!

I want Cousins on a long term deal for the next 5 or 6 years but it would be nice to get one of the Browns 1st round picks and other picks and then Gruden would have another qb to work with and develop in the way that he did Kirk in 2014 and 2015.

When Brock was with the Broncos he proved that if he had stayed there and started there last season he would probably have been a 62%, 4000 yd, 20 TD qb (maybe even a little better). If our defense gets to be a top 10 group with an addition like Poe, Hankins and a few high draft picks that we get back from the Browns added to our picks, we could have a top 10 D rather quickly which would certainly help our offense out - no matter who the qb would be - which is something we haven't been able to say for this team since 2004-2008.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

What they should do: fire Bruce Allen and re-hire Scot McCloughan.
What they could do: fire Bruce Allen and bump Scott Campbell up to acting GM.
What they will do: keep Bruce, fake trying to re-sign Kirk, bumble and stumble around, lose Kirk, and watch the 2017 season go down the drain.

Sad what they have made this team become! All the what they will do's are exactly what I think will happen and why I can't invest in this team anymore until Danny shows he actually wants and knows how to win a SB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Joe Corley who's a former agent was just on the Bram Weinstein show and suggested the Redskins trade Kirk to the Browns & get their 1st & 4th rnd picks & Osweiler back because the Browns are offering to pay some of his guaranteed money and Brock could only cost $6M‬.

He doesn't think Kirk will re-sign in Washington unless they pay him an Andrew Luck type deal or more and he thinks the skins would be foolish to not trade him now.

I know, I know, Brock Osweiler! But, we'd get draft picks back also, Brock would be cheap and Gruden is known as a qb whisperer. Having McCoy and Osweiler battle it out for the starting qb job with Sufield continuing to develop behind them doesn't seem the end of the world to me, especially if we end up with $18 more million in cap space to spend on Pryor and a few more defenders.

Yes, Brock was awful last year but who knows, maybe Gruden can do something with him when O'Brien couldn't. Maybe Gruden can turn Brock or Mccoy into Cousins lite and we'll have more cap space to build our defense get Pryor.

I want Cousins on a long term deal for the next 5 or 6 years but it would be nice to get one of the Browns 1st round picks and other picks and then Gruden would have another qb to work with and develop in the way that he did Kirk in 2014 and 2015.

When Brock was with the Broncos he proved that if he had stayed there and started there last season he would probably have been a 62%, 4000 yd, 20 TD qb (maybe even a little better). If our defense gets to be a top 10 group with an addition like Poe, Hankins and a few high draft picks that we get back from the Browns added to our picks, we could have a top 10 D rather quickly which would certainly help our offense out - no matter who the qb would be - which is something we haven't been able to say for this team since 2004-2008.

You mean Joel Correy, right?

Either way, Kirk has to still say he would work out a LTD woth the Browns. Otherwise, no trade.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I'd do it for the pick and giving oswiler a chance will be risky but very young and has tons of potential .
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Did Kirk just become the Lebron James of the NFL? It's time for Gruden to grow a pair and play peacemaker.
Its not Gruden's job to fix this. We need Dan Snyder to grow up and become an actual good NFL owner. He needs to make a public appearance and fix all of this. He needs to say that Bruce Allen has completely botched this and is fired. He needs to say how much the organization values and wants Cousins back. Then he needs to give Cousins the contract extension he deserves. Doing all of this would right the ship and save this organization from further embarrassment.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

I agree. Maybe this is a negotiating tactic though by the Kirk team to force the skins to give him a long term deal that is Lucklike

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

I agree. Maybe this is a negotiating tactic though by the Kirk team to force the skins to give him a long term deal that is Lucklike
Or maybe he's calling out that piece of crap Bruce Allen for what he is.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Either way, Kirk has to still say he would work out a LTD woth the Browns. Otherwise, no trade.

Kirk wants money the whole Kyle shanahan thing would be option A bit I highly doubt he would say no to the likes of the broncos or Texans who have amazing weapons and very nice cities while the browns have tons of caps and picks and likely will have Pryor back along with Britt .

I'm sure he will be ok as long as he isn't a redskins he just can't risk the tag because what if he gets injured week 1? His massive contract will be gone for 2018 and will not settle for much less . He knows this so eventually he will accept a trade .

Again will see if be mad if he was here week 1 knowing he won't be here in 2018 .
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yeah, sorry, Corley is my Aunt's last name. Laughing I just went to a wedding for her son on Saturday in Southern Maryland.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Could be. I guess in that case he should be calling him master negotiator because since he was hired we certainly quit being the team where everyone goes to just get paid.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Could be. I guess in that case he should be calling him master negotiator because since he was hired we certainly quit being the team where everyone goes to just get paid.

So how about he just stick to doing that! Damn dude you just seem not to get it, but OK be free in your process of thinking.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

So how about he just stick to doing that! Damn dude you just seem not to get it, but OK be free in your process of thinking.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Allen is team president. He hires and fires the employees. He was the entire reason McCloughan was hired in 2015.

So, he was doing his job.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Allen is team president. He hires and fires the employees. He was the entire reason McCloughan was hired in 2015.

So, he was doing his job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: