Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Its official -Redskins Fired Scot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Note that he says "There has been no official contact between myself and the team ..."

This is what we call a trial balloon, folks. Danny's raising a high profile name out there in hopes of staunching the PR bleeding. If it is well received, suddenly there will be an interview scheduled. If it isn't, the team will point to this comment and say they have no idea where the concept of Mayock as our next GM came from.

It's all about plausible deniability. For both sides, actually.

It's a damn shame some Redskins fans are still ok with Bruce being the Redskins Team President when message like this appears!!! smdh Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad

Last edited by TruSkinsFan on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Robinson

@CharlesRobinson

Have to think Mayock couldn't be hired for any NFL GM job until after a draft. He's spoken to too many teams about their evals at this point
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Seriously you guys need to get your [inappropriate/removed] together or we are going to have to start hating the eagles more. WTF is wrong with you guys??

Five words: Daniel Snyder and Bruce Allen.
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Charles Robinson

@CharlesRobinson

Have to think Mayock couldn't be hired for any NFL GM job until after a draft. He's spoken to too many teams about their evals at this point

Technically, that wouldn't be something that invalidates his hiring. It would look completely unethical for the Redskins to do it, but when has that ever stopped them?
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
[It's a damn shame some Redskins fans are still ok with Bruce being the Redskins Team President when message like this appears!!! smdh Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad

For Mayock, it's a dream come true:
1, He finally gets to call the shots and show off his brain, and
2. If it goes south, he can put all of the blame on Danny and Bruce and dysfunction they caused.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Seriously you guys need to get your [inappropriate/removed] together or we are going to have to start hating the eagles more. WTF is wrong with you guys??

Matts, I hear you and definitely understand snd feel you.

Please keep the language down

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
ripsean21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Charles Robinson

@CharlesRobinson

Technically, that wouldn't be something that invalidates his hiring. It would look completely unethical for the Redskins to do it, but when has that ever stopped them?

Yeah but teams all talk and I don't see how this wouldn't be like a team Hiring Scot right now or Jon Gruden. If that's their plan FO personnel are only going to speak so much about their evaluations anyways because they aren't going to show their hands to anyone.

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Charles Robinson

@CharlesRobinson

Yeah but teams all talk and I don't see how this wouldn't be like a team Hiring Scot right now or Jon Gruden. If that's their plan FO personnel are only going to speak so much about their evaluations anyways because they aren't going to show their hands to anyone.

I suspect that most teams have talked to guys like Mayock more than you think, in part because they are not in the NFL and thus act as an outsider sounding board. It gives the team a second opinion.

The fact that he's outside of any given franchise is part of the deal; if he were to join a franchise, you have to think a bunch of other franchises would rise up in protest.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUH? So now it's Scot M that wanted to trade the Cuz.. damm, who's lying ?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697293-insider-buzz-gm-scot-mccloughan-was-fired-for-wanting-to-trade-kirk-cousins
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697293-insider-buzz-gm-scot-mccloughan-was-fired-for-wanting-to-trade-kirk-cousins

Bleacher Report Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

That's what was reported for the past year, now all of a sudden Scot is fired and there is 1 unnamed source out there - who never emerged with this opinion before - after Scot was fired. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not! Laughing Wink

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

We will probably never know the truth but: Lets see what we do know.

Scottie last year said I will overpay if I have to if he can prove it again. To me this means he wasn't standing on a table saying lets sign this guy now as some have proposed.

I didn't see Cousins going up to Allen saying how do you like me now. He did it to Scottie. Don't know about you guys but who is close to the team Cousins or the so called "inside" sources who we don't know if they exist. KC just maybe knew who was skeptical about him and who wasn't.

Also wan't it Allen that has for the past month plus been saying Cousins is not going anywhere?

Lets just say when it come don't to it, Allen never had a negative to say about KC that I know of.
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really Cooley? 😑😑😑

Now I lost respect for you! You should stand on what you preach....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/11/chris-cooley-i-regret-linking-scot-mccloughan-with-alcohol/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

We will probably never know the truth but: Lets see what we do know.

Scottie last year said I will overpay if I have to if he can prove it again. To me this means he wasn't standing on a table saying lets sign this guy now as some have proposed.

I didn't see Cousins going up to Allen saying how do you like me now. He did it to Scottie. Don't know about you guys but who is close to the team Cousins or the so called "inside" sources who we don't know if they exist. KC just maybe knew who was skeptical about him and who wasn't.

Also wan't it Allen that has for the past month plus been saying Cousins is not going anywhere?

Lets just say when it come don't to it, Allen never had a negative to say about KC that I know of.

In public- but Brice is the slimer- leaks stories through that completely incompetent Tony Wyllie and through his networks. Bruce has made the Chiseler some money though with his Richmond deal and Redskins park that only a guy connected to a former governor could make. I'm with Thai I'd give kirk 80 m and a case of scotch too
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really Cooley? 😑😑😑

Now I lost respect for you! You should stand on what you preach....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/11/chris-cooley-i-regret-linking-scot-mccloughan-with-alcohol/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: