Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Its official -Redskins Fired Scot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a little to late to apologize now Cooley! Even though I wish I was wrong😡

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Seems to be a little to late to apologize now Cooley! Even though I wish I was wrong😡
Yeah, oh well. It happens.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

See how that attitude affects this franchise compared to those who actauly win SB's. Mediocrity at its Finest Cool

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
HUH? So now it's Scot M that wanted to trade the Cuz.. damm, who's lying ?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697293-insider-buzz-gm-scot-mccloughan-was-fired-for-wanting-to-trade-kirk-cousins
That's what was reported for the past year, now all of a sudden Scot is fired and there is 1 unnamed source out there - who never emerged with this opinion before - after Scot was fired. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not! Laughing Wink

Again, if it is all McCloughan that was preventing Cousins from being re-signed, where is the new offer to Kirk from Dan & Bruce?
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

So, a direct employee of Snyder's is able to make a blanket assertion about someone else's behavior with no evidence ... and that "just happens."

Got it.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

So, a direct employee of Snyder's is able to make a blanket assertion about someone else's behavior with no evidence ... and that "just happens."

Got it.

He was asked to speculate about why Scot was not talking to the media and everyone at RP had clammed up. He did. I was listening to the broadcast. At no time did say that he knew it for a fact. He was simply checking off a list of possibilities (one was a power struggle).

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Mark Bullock‏ @MarkBullockNFL
Interestingly, @AlbertBreer just said on his live stream DJ Swearinger was Scot McCloughan's number 1 free agent priority for the #Redskins
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
Really Cooley? 😑😑😑

Now I lost respect for you! You should stand on what you preach....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/11/chris-cooley-i-regret-linking-scot-mccloughan-with-alcohol/

Listen to his broadcast from yesterday for yourself instead of through Florio's ears. Florio has a rabid ant-Redskins bias so all his stories are geared to making everyone involved with this team look bad.

My perspective was that Cooley understood he should not have speculated alcohol as a reason. Sometimes radio people make mistakes in trying to fill 4 hours a day and this was one. And he was especially sorry because it made him part of the story. Which he didn't want to be (but alas is now).

Funny thing is that I was thinking it was alcohol too right before he speculated about it (I had said "maybe hes on the sauce again" during the part where they were talking about other reasons".

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all in the audio vault on the ESPN 980 app. Before passing judgement you actually listen to what Cooley said. Alcohol was one of many reasons Chris gave for Scott not being at the combine. At no time did he say alcohol was the reason. He said it was possible. Seeing how Scott was fired from his past two jobs for that very reason.... I don't think Chris's comment was out of left field!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line is that this franchise completely cocked this up from the beginning. They should be the ones to get sympathy out of this, but the rest of the NFL is trashing them because of how they handled it.
Slateman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Interestingly, @AlbertBreer just said on his live stream DJ Swearinger was Scot McCloughan's number 1 free agent priority for the #Redskins

https://mobile.twitter.com/JReidESPN/status/840667581166059520

@JReidESPNTwo team sources: Before Scot walked away, he set FA board, did a ton of draft work. So, you know, dude was doing something

Had a whole board ready
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Got it.

He was asked to speculate about why Scot was not talking to the media and everyone at RP had clammed up. He did. I was listening to the broadcast. At no time did say that he knew it for a fact. He was simply checking off a list of possibilities (one was a power struggle).

And then waited a month to apologize?
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JReidESPN/status/840667581166059520

@JReidESPNTwo team sources: Before Scot walked away, he set FA board, did a ton of draft work. So, you know, dude was doing something

Had a whole board ready

That, ladies and gentlemen, is team player. Even when he was getting the shaft, he still did his job.

I wish Scot well in any future ventures and that he finds himself in a less toxic environment than here.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Got it.

And then waited a month to apologize?

He had said in Friday he had already apologized to Scot. Not sure when that was. But it was apparently before Friday

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
This is all in the audio vault on the ESPN 980 app. Before passing judgement you actually listen to what Cooley said. Alcohol was one of many reasons Chris gave for Scott not being at the combine. At no time did he say alcohol was the reason. He said it was possible. Seeing how Scott was fired from his past two jobs for that very reason.... I don't think Chris's comment was out of left field!

Thanks. Looks like someone else got the same impression I did.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15

Jump to: