Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ Swearinger signed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool:

Stephen Czarda‏Verified account @SCzardaRedskins
New #Redskins S @JungleBoi_Swagg & CB @J_No24 played on the same HS team.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good gif breakdown of Swearinger:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/840017040559734784
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, totally awesome story as is his the 2016-17 Highlights of your newest Redskins FS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SmgwwGHVd8&sns=em

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
big44dog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Pretty cool:

Stephen Czarda‏Verified account @SCzardaRedskins
New #Redskins S @JungleBoi_Swagg & CB @J_No24 played on the same HS team.

Yea I saw that last night. It's probably a big part of what got him to come to D.C. Can't exactly sell front office stability to these guys. Just hope Swearinger is as good behind our front 7 because Arizonas is pretty nasty and makes things easier on the guys in the back. Lost out of Lawrence Guy today he would have been a real nice addition.

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

As I said elsewhere, I like this signing.

That said (EDIT: didn't realize there were multiple images):

[skipping the image with text because it is discussed later]

1st image: DJ does a great job of covering the route ... until the QB starts to run. A more competent QB would realize he had allowed the receiver he was shadowing to come open, albeit briefly. It would require a deft touch and vision, something Gabbert does not have, so it worked out for the best.

2nd image (squating on Julio's route): I likes.

3rd image: Swearinger is described as the SHS, which I assume is the single high safety. He breaks on the intermediate route, which is good, except it leaves his fellow corner one-on-one on the out route. I cannot tell what the result of the play is but (correct me if I'm wrong) isn't the purpose of a single high safety to be the last line of defense?

4th image (against Vikings): It's odd because Bullock is calling him out for falling for the PA, but it's essentially the same situation as the 3rd. Not sure what the difference is, other than actually having a player he could cover in the first.

5th (stick and nod): Again, aggression can get you burnt.

6th & 7th: Show his aggression can work for him. Good tackle on Graham, and the INT against Julio was a hard play.

8th: This one, on the other hand, is sad. When I originally saw this shot, I thought he had the INT. My thought there was that Gabbert telegraphed this pass the entire way (he never looked anywhere but the TE). This should have been an easy pick.

9th & 10th image: Ooooo, that's got to sting.

11th image: Yeah, that's not tackling. That's embarrassing yourself.

Basically, he's an aggressive player. This can be good (where he drops the lumber on guys, or breaks on underneath routes) and it can be bad (where he goes for the highlight reel shots and miss).

Still I like the signing.

Last edited by Woz on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

That said, Gabbert stared down his receiver the entire time. I would hope a NFL free safety could make that interception. It was telegraphed the entire way.

I agree, but you know there's more than one gif, right Woz?
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

That said, Gabbert stared down his receiver the entire time. I would hope a NFL free safety could make that interception. It was telegraphed the entire way.

I agree, but you know there's more than one gif, right Woz?

Yeah, I fixed that. Wink
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz: I agree with most of your analysis. I'd add that I think Swearinger was able to get away with his hyper aggressiveness in AZ because he was playing with Patrick Peterson, who is probably the best man-to-man CB in the league. Leaving Peterson on an island won't burn you too many times. On the other hand, leaving our CBs on an island... He's going to need to tone his risk-taking down a bit on our defense.
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Woz: I agree with most of your analysis. I'd add that I think Swearinger was able to get away with his hyper aggressiveness in AZ because he was playing with Patrick Peterson, who is probably the best man-to-man CB in the league. Leaving Peterson on an island won't burn you too many times. On the other hand, leaving our CBs on an island... He's going to need to tone his risk-taking down a bit on our defense.

I don't know if an aggressive safety can "tone it down" and still be effective. We're going to have either accept that the Redskins will get burned time from time while get great stops or we cripple Swearinger.

Not sure what is worse.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I don't know if an aggressive safety can "tone it down" and still be effective. We're going to have either accept that the Redskins will get burned time from time while get great stops or we cripple Swearinger.

Not sure what is worse.
I'd rather have an aggressive playmaker at FS who has good instincts than to play bend don't break like we did the last two years.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Not sure what is worse.
I'd rather have an aggressive playmaker at FS who has good instincts than to play bend don't break like we did the last two years.

I agree. However, we could always go to the Prevent if we start getting burned too much or we're trying to slow a team down in the 4th Q........ Laughing

you know I'm kidding about the last part.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‪D.J. Swearinger buys No. 36 from Su'a Cravens for $75,000. Talks about what wearing Sean Taylor's jersey means

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/d-j-swearinger-buys-no-36-from-sua-cravens-for-75000/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
‪D.J. Swearinger buys No. 36 from Su'a Cravens for $75,000. Talks about what wearing Sean Taylor's jersey means

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/d-j-swearinger-buys-no-36-from-sua-cravens-for-75000/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

So my Cravens jersey is worthless?😩

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Chris Baker; 11 Tackles,1 Sack,1 FF
ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

He's gotta prove his worth first lol. If he balls out no because you will have the throwback retro original lol. Priceless lol

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Not really. I give props to people that woukdchsve a Sean Taylor rookie jersey. It's like, you were on board 1st! So that'd be you with the Cravens jersey.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: