Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Free Agency 2017 Reply with quote

Quote:
Profootballtalk.com reports free agent ILB Gerald Hodges is visiting the Chiefs.
The 49ers' best run defender last season, Hodges is a potential value signing and a smart target for the Chiefs, who are dealing with an Achilles' injury to aging ILB Derrick Johnson. Hodges turned 26 two months ago. Mar 9 - 5:07 PM

Per roto

Smart.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 is about to get released according to Rappoport. Andy could rebuild him and make Chiefs_5627 a happy man. Shocked

If Dorsey is down on this years QBs i could see this as an option... Legitimately

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like the Hodges pick up. Wouldn't mind is bringing in DeAndre Levy and checking out his injuries either. If I was KC I might just for fun give Pryor a call too.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream scenario is Hightower, but that's really unlikely, unless a big name is released or restructured.

I'd also be happy with Kendall Wright, if it was at a good price

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Werder was asked about Poe:

Quote:
Concerns about his back and he's asking a lot -which DT Brandon Williams just got https://t.co/Q1OxXOp77D

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I'd like the Hodges pick up. Wouldn't mind is bringing in DeAndre Levy and checking out his injuries either. If I was KC I might just for fun give Pryor a call too.

Crazy how things workout. He got nowhere here, he goes off and now wants #1 WR $$.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs re-signed OL Mike Person.
Person struggled as a 14-game starter in Atlanta two years ago, but the Chiefs value his position flexibility. He is capable of playing four spots on the line.
Source: Terez Paylor on Twitter Mar 10

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Chiefs are working on an extension for restricted free agent S Daniel Sorensen.
The Chiefs gave Sorensen a second-round tender, but can spread out his cap hit on a multi-year deal. He should return in a hybrid safety/linebacker role after playing 544 snaps last season. 27-year-old Sorensen shouldn't cost much to extend.
Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter Mar 10 - 5:05 PM

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Quote:
The Chiefs are working on an extension for restricted free agent S Daniel Sorensen.
The Chiefs gave Sorensen a second-round tender, but can spread out his cap hit on a multi-year deal. He should return in a hybrid safety/linebacker role after playing 544 snaps last season. 27-year-old Sorensen shouldn't cost much to extend.

Quote:
Chiefs signed S Daniel Sorensen to a four-year, $16-million extension through 2020.
NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports almost half of the deal is guaranteed and another $2 million is available via incentives. It is a good contract for a player who had primarily been a special teamer before taking on a bigger defensive role last season. Sorensen just turned 27.
Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter Mar 11 - 8:19 AM

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Chiefs signed S Daniel Sorensen to a four-year, $16-million extension through 2020.
NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports almost half of the deal is guaranteed and another $2 million is available via incentives. It is a good contract for a player who had primarily been a special teamer before taking on a bigger defensive role last season. Sorensen just turned 27.

That's a good deal. Sorensen may not be a great player, but I definitely feel as though he's one that if we let him get to free agency next year, someone would be trying to throw starter money at him that we couldn't match. It already happened with Demps and Coleman and Branch, to some degree.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Well I don't get it. Chiefs throw almost $18 million to a Special Teams player. Sorensen is a "tweener" who doesn't fit anywhere. Chiefs tried to use him at ILB which was a failure. He's not a CB. He's not an OLB. At Safety, he's barely serviceable. He runs a slow, almost 4.7 40yd. and struggles to cover over the top.
With Sorensen, Chiefs don't act like there's a salary cap squeeze to me.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's an outstanding Big-nickel. There is enough physicality to handle LB chores and enough coverage skills to deal with TE and RB. He came up big a few times last season.

J

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can't get ILB Gerald Hodges here. What about ILB Manti Te'o?
samsel23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
He's an outstanding Big-nickel. There is enough physicality to handle LB chores and enough coverage skills to deal with TE and RB. He came up big a few times last season.

J

Yup I'll take this deal for Sorensen, he plays faster than his 40 time. He's still not a burner but he's an underrated athlete, his short area quickness is pretty dang good. He made some big plays last year.

Our top 4 Safeties are set for a couple years at least now.

Kind of ironic, we've been letting OL and Safeties leave prior offseasons. Seems Dorsey is tired of that trend.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Well I don't get it. Chiefs throw almost $18 million to a Special Teams player. Sorensen is a "tweener" who doesn't fit anywhere. Chiefs tried to use him at ILB which was a failure. He's not a CB. He's not an OLB. At Safety, he's barely serviceable. He runs a slow, almost 4.7 40yd. and struggles to cover over the top.
With Sorensen, Chiefs don't act like there's a salary cap squeeze to me.

As of no I'm convinced you are opposed to anything they'll do short of scrapping a roster most people see as close to a true contender. I actually start wondering why you even follow a team you obviously don't like - or at least the way I is run. Over. Out

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: