You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread v.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
Darnold is so different to Barkley. The only comparison is USC. And it's irrelevant to compare guys because of school.

Darnold's going number one whenever he comes out. I would bet everything on it. He's just an elite prospect and on a different level to anyone in this class.

Well I said Barkley because the year prior to him being drafted, people were projecting him as the #1. Cant blame tho, he jr year was pretty godly. Senior year tho, just never put it back together and the scouts just killed him breaking him done even more

I just googled, way to early 2013 mock drafts and Barkley was considered to be a favorite for the #1 pick rather quickly as the 2012 NFL draft finished just finished.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/5/3/2995751/way-to-early-2013-mock-draft

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1123893-2013-nfl-mock-draft-a-way-too-early-prediction

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013archive_0915.php

2/3 of those mocks had the Browns taking Barkley #1 overalll.

I know Darnold right now is the sexy name and pick for next year but it might not hold up

Yeah you can easily call him Barkley.

Although I fully admit I like Darnold better as a prospect. BUT defenses could figure him out and he can end up being a dud. He could mess up his leg. Calling him a sure fire thing at this moment is wrong. Passing on a guy this year who you think can be a franchise guy for what may or may not happen next year can also get guys fired.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah I got it to 100 Razz

And I start the new page yet again. Rolling Eyes I am the all time new page starter. Of all time.

Dang I need to get to work Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
Darnold is so different to Barkley. The only comparison is USC. And it's irrelevant to compare guys because of school.

Darnold's going number one whenever he comes out. I would bet everything on it. He's just an elite prospect and on a different level to anyone in this class.

Well I said Barkley because the year prior to him being drafted, people were projecting him as the #1. Cant blame tho, he jr year was pretty godly. Senior year tho, just never put it back together and the scouts just killed him breaking him done even more

I just googled, way to early 2013 mock drafts and Barkley was considered to be a favorite for the #1 pick rather quickly as the 2012 NFL draft finished just finished.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/5/3/2995751/way-to-early-2013-mock-draft

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1123893-2013-nfl-mock-draft-a-way-too-early-prediction

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013archive_0915.php

2/3 of those mocks had the Browns taking Barkley #1 overalll.

I know Darnold right now is the sexy name and pick for next year but it might not hold up

Yeah you can easily call him Barkley.

Although I fully admit I like Darnold better as a prospect. BUT defenses could figure him out and he can end up being a dud. He could mess up his leg. Calling him a sure fire thing at this moment is wrong. Passing on a guy this year who you think can be a franchise guy for what may or may not happen next year can also get guys fired.

Darnold hit it big because of that bowl game, it was a bowl game he had 2-3 weeks to prepare. I would hope a QB would look great with that much time. This season is going to big for him, thats for sure. He was an unknown who took over for a struggling QB and just got better each week. Has that huge Rose Bowl. So know he spent all that time getting better last year with no lime light or distraction. Now he has to handle all that along with prepping for the season. Hell last year, he has somewhat a down game and no one really cared. Next year if he has a bad game, everyone one will talk about it. the USC UCLA game is going to be huge next year
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darnold was killing it all season long before the Bowl Game. We get a lot of the USC games over here on repeat on the Sunday mornings and I watched him week in week out make incredible throws and show mad poise.

His traits compared to Barkley are just so far off.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Darnold was killing it all season long before the Bowl Game. We get a lot of the USC games over here on repeat on the Sunday mornings and I watched him week in week out make incredible throws and show mad poise.

His traits compared to Barkley are just so far off.

I am not saying he is the same QB as Barkley. Just said the situation could be similar.

After the season Barkley had after his junior year, he was widely considered to be the #1 QB in the following years draft. The hype was real because that was a damn amazing season he had. Darnold is in a similar situation. Its more so than just being USC.

I am a fan of Darnold but I am not going to say he is for sure going to be 100% sure thing.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

Jump to: