Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread v.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 35262
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you guys have accepted that Mitch will be our qb this year.
_________________
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
sdraw was right.


2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 3743
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Hope you guys have accepted that Mitch will be our qb this year.


Intrigued to see what happens in 2018 after he has played us to the first pick and Darnold is on the board.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bucketheadsdad


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 7517
Location: Working Overtime in the Factory of Sadness
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Christopher Columbus didn't even know how to work a Garmin.


Thomas Edison had never heard the "how many -------------- does it take to screw in a lightbulb" joke until he was an adult.
_________________

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40677
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Hope you guys have accepted that Mitch will be our qb this year.


Intrigued to see what happens in 2018 after he has played us to the first pick and Darnold is on the board.


If the Browns are picking #1 overall next year, something went way wrong, more so then QB play.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 3743
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Hope you guys have accepted that Mitch will be our qb this year.


Intrigued to see what happens in 2018 after he has played us to the first pick and Darnold is on the board.


If the Browns are picking #1 overall next year, something went way wrong, more so then QB play.


Why? The roster is far off, and will still be next season, especially if they had to give up multiple picks. Then you chuck in that they would be playing Trubisky at QB and I'd be shocked if they won more than 2-3 games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40677
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Yeah, we should just get rid of all our players who want a raise because they have outperformed their contracts. Draft their replacements in the 3rd or 4th, easily.


No when the player thinks he is a top10 player in his position, when he isnt, and then supposedly called out teammates or potentially called out teams that was holding him back from even more success. Thats not something I want, specially when its a position that can be easily replaced. Also not going to reward the guy for one decent year.

Crowell should how easy it could be for a somewhat established guy to lose their job to an unknown. Look at Tate and Crowell. Ben Tate because expendable because of an UDFA showing promise. A lot rd rookie or an UDFA RB could do the same to him.


It's not that I disagree with you, it's just that this team has no chance to EVER be good if all you want is choir boy goody goodies who say all the right things.

We already are avoided by the good choir boy types, so if we avoid anyone who ever says anything we don't like then what do we have? Probably a top 5 pick the next decade.


This has nothing to do about being a choir boy goody goody. Its about not be an a-hole teammate. He can run his mouth all he wants but when he starts calling out his teammates and saying they were holding him back, that guy is an a-hole. Take a one year deal and play behind a potential top tier OL and prove yourself.

I just said lets prove ourselves a little more before you start pounding your chest to be paid like a top10 back when you dont play like one. You might of had one good season but that doesnt mean you deserve anything.

Just saying Crowell needs to check himself. Dude has a great first 8 games but then the rest of the season he was below avg. Hell the month of Nov. he played 4 games, ran the ball 40x for a whopping 81yards at 2.1 yards a carry. thats elite type stuff there.

he is easily replaceable.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40677
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
buno67 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Hope you guys have accepted that Mitch will be our qb this year.


Intrigued to see what happens in 2018 after he has played us to the first pick and Darnold is on the board.


If the Browns are picking #1 overall next year, something went way wrong, more so then QB play.


Why? The roster is far off, and will still be next season, especially if they had to give up multiple picks. Then you chuck in that they would be playing Trubisky at QB and I'd be shocked if they won more than 2-3 games.


The team this past season should of won 2-3 games and it had poor QB play. I see Trub being better than what RGIII and Kessler brought to the table. Add in the fact the defense should be a lot better than last year.

I see the 49ers and Bears being pretty back next year, worse off than the Browns
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 3743
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
buno67 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Hope you guys have accepted that Mitch will be our qb this year.


Intrigued to see what happens in 2018 after he has played us to the first pick and Darnold is on the board.


If the Browns are picking #1 overall next year, something went way wrong, more so then QB play.


Why? The roster is far off, and will still be next season, especially if they had to give up multiple picks. Then you chuck in that they would be playing Trubisky at QB and I'd be shocked if they won more than 2-3 games.


The team this past season should of won 2-3 games and it had poor QB play. I see Trub being better than what RGIII and Kessler brought to the table. Add in the fact the defense should be a lot better than last year.

I see the 49ers and Bears being pretty back next year, worse off than the Browns


I think the team will be a bit better but I see Trubisky having a really hard time his rookie year. After that he might begin to adapt going forward (still think it's a huge projection) but it would sicken me to see them pass on Darnold if that situation arose, that's all I'm saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15146
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes Trubisky a superior prospect to Wentz who they passed on last year?

Not buying it.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 7852
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
What makes Trubisky a superior prospect to Wentz who they passed on last year?

Not buying it.


Accuracy. Pocket presence. Lack of injury history, mechanics.

I was Mr. Carson Wentz all last CFB season mocking him to us in the second and third rounds all season when he was considered a 7th rounder. Then he came back from injury, played like 2 games and became the 2nd pick. Indont get what changed. He was a nice upside guy with lots of flaws.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 9032
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes no sense to me to trade up or even draft Trub at 12 when he would probably rank as the 4th or 5th best QB next year.

I don't see a lot in him. I am generally critical of the rookie QBs, but I liked Wentz more than Trub, and I wasn't high on Wentz
_________________
3/18/17 predictions:
Jimmy G stays with New England this year.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40677
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
buno67 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
buno67 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Hope you guys have accepted that Mitch will be our qb this year.


Intrigued to see what happens in 2018 after he has played us to the first pick and Darnold is on the board.


If the Browns are picking #1 overall next year, something went way wrong, more so then QB play.


Why? The roster is far off, and will still be next season, especially if they had to give up multiple picks. Then you chuck in that they would be playing Trubisky at QB and I'd be shocked if they won more than 2-3 games.


The team this past season should of won 2-3 games and it had poor QB play. I see Trub being better than what RGIII and Kessler brought to the table. Add in the fact the defense should be a lot better than last year.

I see the 49ers and Bears being pretty back next year, worse off than the Browns


I think the team will be a bit better but I see Trubisky having a really hard time his rookie year. After that he might begin to adapt going forward (still think it's a huge projection) but it would sicken me to see them pass on Darnold if that situation arose, that's all I'm saying.


What if the Browns pass on a QB this year because they think they can land Darnold but then he has a Matt Barkley type season at USC?

I am all for next years QB class but if they like a QB and think he has a pretty promising future, you take him next. I rather Hue have his QB this year than next year.

If the Browns do end up with the #1 overall pick and Trub looks the deal, well hell the Browns hit a lottery with a trade back. Heck they could trade back a little bit and ended up with Barkley as their RB for the future with a young Trub who looked good.

With the amount of money on the defense and the OL, if this team finished with the #1 pick next year, there will be a lot of questions and they wont all be on the QB. I would sure hope if they do take Trub they rely on the running game and defense to help carry him a la Big Ben his rookie year
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 3743
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darnold is so different to Barkley. The only comparison is USC. And it's irrelevant to compare guys because of school.

Darnold's going number one whenever he comes out. I would bet everything on it. He's just an elite prospect and on a different level to anyone in this class.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15122
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the safe feeling of this thread, the new one scares me.
_________________
Bonanza23 wrote:
1st off Thomas is a man!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40677
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Darnold is so different to Barkley. The only comparison is USC. And it's irrelevant to compare guys because of school.

Darnold's going number one whenever he comes out. I would bet everything on it. He's just an elite prospect and on a different level to anyone in this class.


Well I said Barkley because the year prior to him being drafted, people were projecting him as the #1. Cant blame tho, he jr year was pretty godly. Senior year tho, just never put it back together and the scouts just killed him breaking him done even more



I just googled, way to early 2013 mock drafts and Barkley was considered to be a favorite for the #1 pick rather quickly as the 2012 NFL draft finished just finished.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/5/3/2995751/way-to-early-2013-mock-draft

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1123893-2013-nfl-mock-draft-a-way-too-early-prediction

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013archive_0915.php

2/3 of those mocks had the Browns taking Barkley #1 overalll.

I know Darnold right now is the sexy name and pick for next year but it might not hold up
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group