You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread v.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christopher Columbus didn't even know how to work a Garmin.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
I will hate drafting Fournette in the top 10 until September hits and he runs for 150 against Pitt. Laughing

Haha that's how I feel. I was all over the talent earlier but I've come round to the logical thought process that maybe you shouldn't spend a first on the position when you have so many holes elsewhere.

That being said, we might have built a monster OL and I think he's a monster RB. I can't deny it would be awesome seeing him run over fools.

I'd be much more mad if I thought Crow was still going to be around, but I don't. Sadly we gave him a shot and now they appear to be getting very greedy and I think he's going to hold out. Such BS. Hope I'm wrong.

If Crow is gone, Fournette makes me feel much better.

He wants top 10 back money I heard. Been super greedy. Also said something along the lines of I deserve it because of what I've had to run behind. I think I'm a much better back then the numbers indicate. Basically saying I would have had 1,000 yards if the team was better.

If that is truly his thought process then get rid of him...could easily draft a back in the 3rd-4th rd to replace him
dawgdish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
dawgdish wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
I am starting to think we pass on Garrett. Anyone else leaning that way?

Haslam being a moron terrifies me.

Overbearing.....Yes.....think he know's too much.....probably.......Mettler.. I'd agree with you on that.....

Moron?.....No one who owns multiple billion dollar businesses and has the FBI raid their Headquarters.....and dosent go to jail.....is not a Moron my Friend...IMO that is....
Federal Charges are no Joke....

He can be a genius in business and in masking shady practices but still a moron in terms of running a football team. SO far, this has proven to be the case.

Okie Dokie....I guess its a matter of semantics and perspective... Neutral
I chalk not running a football team properly as inexperience coupled with attempting to use strategies, that while have made you BILLION's of Dollars in real life, allowed you to buy a NFL team and helped you get your Brother Elected to be a United States Governor, and allowed your to avoid jail time AFTER getting federal indictment.......are not as successful at running a football team....so he learned from the Mistakes, hired a group of people that have us on top of the world in terms of assets, and moves being made to rebuild the team....and has so far stayed out of the way......

But sure....he's a Moron....

We hope he's stayed out of the way...or maybe this Trubisky #1 nonsense is partially coming from him, reports are the split is coaches want Garrett and some F.O. people Trubisky. Remember the last time Haslam assembled a team that had us on top of the world in terms of draft assets and we blew them on a worthless CB and an even more worthless QB in the 1st round? Sachi and Haslam both do, because they were there, the genius Haslam pushed for Manziel (and somehow decided to promote Sachi, who everyone now has all our hopes pinned to).

I'll believe he's not a football moron when the organization he's built for like the 4th time in 5 years actually starts winning.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
I will hate drafting Fournette in the top 10 until September hits and he runs for 150 against Pitt. Laughing

Haha that's how I feel. I was all over the talent earlier but I've come round to the logical thought process that maybe you shouldn't spend a first on the position when you have so many holes elsewhere.

That being said, we might have built a monster OL and I think he's a monster RB. I can't deny it would be awesome seeing him run over fools.

I'd be much more mad if I thought Crow was still going to be around, but I don't. Sadly we gave him a shot and now they appear to be getting very greedy and I think he's going to hold out. Such BS. Hope I'm wrong.

If Crow is gone, Fournette makes me feel much better.

He wants top 10 back money I heard. Been super greedy. Also said something along the lines of I deserve it because of what I've had to run behind. I think I'm a much better back then the numbers indicate. Basically saying I would have had 1,000 yards if the team was better.

top 10 money for an RB isn't that much, 4.5 million, Id give him 2 years 9 million.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Marky wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I think we are putting out a huge smokescreen with us wanting Trubisky. I think we are actually targeting one of the safeties (specifically Malik Hooker).

Basically, we are telling everyone that will listen that we want Trubisky, which teams will want us to trade up for him so that they can get more draft capital and have some players fall to them after the trade.

Or, maybe for Mahomes...

I really hope we are going after Hooker. Garrett and Hooker is a dream first round for me.

Warren Sapp when we draft Garrett #1

Warren Sapp when we draft Hooker

Sorry for being too big...

Last edited by H2ThaIzzo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't resize that thing or anything, could you? Wink
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
Couldn't resize that thing or anything, could you? Wink

I was just busting your chops.

I like big JPEGS and I cannot lie. Laughing
duke2056

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we should just get rid of all our players who want a raise because they have outperformed their contracts. Draft their replacements in the 3rd or 4th, easily.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Yeah, we should just get rid of all our players who want a raise because they have outperformed their contracts. Draft their replacements in the 3rd or 4th, easily.

No when the player thinks he is a top10 player in his position, when he isnt, and then supposedly called out teammates or potentially called out teams that was holding him back from even more success. Thats not something I want, specially when its a position that can be easily replaced. Also not going to reward the guy for one decent year.

Crowell should how easy it could be for a somewhat established guy to lose their job to an unknown. Look at Tate and Crowell. Ben Tate because expendable because of an UDFA showing promise. A lot rd rookie or an UDFA RB could do the same to him.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our early picks last year all fit the below categories:

Incredible Production (All R1 - R3 players fit this mold)
Multiple Years of Play (All R1 - R3 players fit this mold)
Premium Position (All R1-R3 players fit this mold)
Hard Working / Strong Character (All R1 - R3 players fit this mold)
Amongst Best Players in their Conference for the Position (All R1 - R3 players fit this mold)
Strong Physical Tools (All fit this mold except Kessler who was praised exceptionally for his mind)

Their weaknesses or reasons they fell were primarily:
Lack of perceived upside (Nassib, Kessler)
Age/Illness (Coleman)
Competition (Nassib, Coleman, Kessler, Ogbah)
Consistency (Ogbah)

If I had to guess, I would assume we target guys who fit this mold. Garrett seems like a homerun at 1, he checks all the boxes.

Others that seem to fit this mold for 12 include McCaffrey, Watson, Reddick, many of the DBs, Thomas, Barnett, etc.....

Looking at this mold, it would indicate we would stay away from:

1 Year Wonders like Trubisky or Hooker
Players with Character issues like Cook, Foster, Mixon
'Upside' players lacking the production like OJ Howard

Anyone agree?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Nassib was a one year wonder. Dude went from having 2/2.5 TFLs and 1 Sack to having 19 TFLs and 15 sacks his senior season.

So if that one year was a phenomenal year the browns can take him. So someone like Hooker could be drafted.
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

No when the player thinks he is a top10 player in his position, when he isnt, and then supposedly called out teammates or potentially called out teams that was holding him back from even more success. Thats not something I want, specially when its a position that can be easily replaced. Also not going to reward the guy for one decent year.

Crowell should how easy it could be for a somewhat established guy to lose their job to an unknown. Look at Tate and Crowell. Ben Tate because expendable because of an UDFA showing promise. A lot rd rookie or an UDFA RB could do the same to him.

It's not that I disagree with you, it's just that this team has no chance to EVER be good if all you want is choir boy goody goodies who say all the right things.

We already are avoided by the good choir boy types, so if we avoid anyone who ever says anything we don't like then what do we have? Probably a top 5 pick the next decade.
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I heard it's a big day tomorrow. Anyone else gonna be drunk? Partially for entertainment and partially to help get through the experience?
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Hey, I heard it's a big day tomorrow. Anyone else gonna be drunk? Partially for entertainment and partially to help get through the experience?

Hopefully not.

Of course if we pass on Garrett...
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Our early picks last year all fit the below categories:

Incredible Production (All R1 - R3 players fit this mold)
Multiple Years of Play (All R1 - R3 players fit this mold)
Premium Position (All R1-R3 players fit this mold)
Hard Working / Strong Character (All R1 - R3 players fit this mold)
Amongst Best Players in their Conference for the Position (All R1 - R3 players fit this mold)
Strong Physical Tools (All fit this mold except Kessler who was praised exceptionally for his mind)

Their weaknesses or reasons they fell were primarily:
Lack of perceived upside (Nassib, Kessler)
Age/Illness (Coleman)
Competition (Nassib, Coleman, Kessler, Ogbah)
Consistency (Ogbah)

If I had to guess, I would assume we target guys who fit this mold. Garrett seems like a homerun at 1, he checks all the boxes.

Others that seem to fit this mold for 12 include McCaffrey, Watson, Reddick, many of the DBs, Thomas, Barnett, etc.....

Looking at this mold, it would indicate we would stay away from:

1 Year Wonders like Trubisky or Hooker
Players with Character issues like Cook, Foster, Mixon
'Upside' players lacking the production like OJ Howard

Anyone agree?

This is a really interesting and well thought out analysis. I would largely agree. I could see them putting a little less emphasis on experience this year because there is enough upside with a guy like Hooker and pretty good explanations why Trubisky wasn't starting earlier. One thing I love about what the Browns have done this year in their draft prep is that no one seems to have a solid understanding of what they will do at either #1 or #12.

I think we could be surprised coming out of Thursday night. We could end up with the chalk picks of Garrett (1) and Trubisky (12), or we could end up with something no one anticipated. One thing is certain, and that is Thursday is going to be very entertaining.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: