Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread v.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.

Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.

I dont, I believe the amount of water to stay hydrated compared to the amount of water to dilute urine are not the same.

The retake would be a bad idea. Everyone would make sure they would drink enough to test with a diluted sample and give them more time to flush their system.

I also believe the time they take the urine test they are not preparing to do any field work. Remember foster got sent home before LBs were ever to do the workouts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.

Oh...

Well this drug testing company says "unintentional dilution is fairly common".

http://www.ohsinc.com/info/how-to-cheat-a-drug-test/

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.

Did you not read the part that says "excessive amounts of water"???

And what does "fairly common" mean to you? You are wrong here, just drop it.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Quote:

The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Oh...

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.

Lol hokay dookie.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Quote:

Oh...

This whole thing is definitely dumb. Reason? Hair follicle testing. It is more accurate and cannot be skewed with these types of things. The NFL has no shortage of money to run the test so do it the right way. If I was the attorney for the NFLPA I would be livid at this type of thing. I would fight tooth and nail to keep a guy out of the protocol because of a diluted sample test at the combine.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Quote:

Oh...

This whole thing is definitely dumb. Reason? Hair follicle testing. It is more accurate and cannot be skewed with these types of things. The NFL has no shortage of money to run the test so do it the right way. If I was the attorney for the NFLPA I would be livid at this type of thing. I would fight tooth and nail to keep a guy out of the protocol because of a diluted sample test at the combine.

NFLPA has no rule in it so far because they are not part of the NFLPA until they are drafted and/or signed.

Also the NFLPA cant be livid because they prolly signed off on it to get something else they view was more important

Also I could see them not wanting hair follicle testing because it could potentially lead to more positive drug testing by the players. Players can beat the urine testing, if they smart, and have an idea of when they might get caught. Hair follicle would be next to impossible for them to beat. It would really eliminate the use of drugs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Quote:

Oh...

NFLPA has no rule in it so far because they are not part of the NFLPA until they are drafted and/or signed.

Also the NFLPA cant be livid because they prolly signed off on it to get something else they view was more important

Also I could see them not wanting hair follicle testing because it could potentially lead to more positive drug testing by the players. Players can beat the urine testing, if they smart, and have an idea of when they might get caught. Hair follicle would be next to impossible for them to beat. It would really eliminate the use of drugs

Lol, all good points. I thought players that tested positive at the combine had the substance abuse policy applied to them?

buno67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Quote:

Oh...

Lol, all good points. I thought players that tested positive at the combine had the substance abuse policy applied to them?
Something like that. Im not sure how that worksout with them not being NFL players yet and being a part of the NFLPA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Quote:

Oh...

Exactly, a guy gets put into the program because of a maybe when there are better tests available.

It just seems dumb.

Test them properly or, better yet, don't test them (for weed) at all.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Quote:

Oh...

Exactly, a guy gets put into the program because of a maybe when there are better tests available.

It just seems dumb.

Test them properly or, better yet, don't test them (for weed) at all.

I concur with this sentiment wholeheartedly. These guys are destroying their bodies and their is significant and growing evidence to suggest prescription opiates are about as dangerous as heroin when it comes to addiction, physiological withdrawal symptoms, and the impacts of prolonged use. This is largely a federal legislation issue, but the NFL should take a don't ask don't tell type of policy on marijuana in my opinion so these guys have some other source of pain relief. Granted, this opens the door to the chronic users for social purposes to get away with it, but I would rebut that with saying nobody cared that Johnny Manziel was an alcoholic until it impacted his ability to show up to team facility consistently on time and they aren't policing whether players are crushing up and snorting their Oxycontin.

Josh Booty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Foster drops to 33, but if he did, I wouldn't hesitate. LB may not be our biggest need, but talent like that makes us a better team, and I don't put a some possible drug use and being rude to combine staff in the same tier as Gordon and Manziel.
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Booty wrote:
I doubt Foster drops to 33, but if he did, I wouldn't hesitate. LB may not be our biggest need, but talent like that makes us a better team, and I don't put a some possible drug use and being rude to combine staff in the same tier as Gordon and Manziel.

LB might not be the biggest need but there might be a player at 33 that could fill a big need. He might be BPA but it might not be by much IMO. It really depends on whos there. I am not a fan of drafting a LB very high (first two rounds). Williams doesnt utilize 3 LBs. He mainly only used 2. I think Collins and Kirksey would make a great pair. I think the first two rounds should include a FS, SS, and a DB to go along with Garrett

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Booty wrote:

I was JUST thinking this.....
If he's there at 33...that's a no brainer...
He has NO history of drug abuse at Alabama, AND it was not a violation, it was a "Diluted" Sample which "Will be treated as a positive test".

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
duke2056

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Foster gets kicked out of the combine AND has a dilute urine sample.

I hate to say it fellas, but that is a very bright red flag. Talent only gets you as far as your brain will let it.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:

I hate to say it fellas, but that is a very bright red flag. Talent only gets you as far as your brain will let it.

Roid rage?
duke2056

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

Roid rage?

I have no idea exactly what he did to get kicked out (did it have to do with giving a urine sample?), but to get booted out of the combine is unheard of. He is either a total idiot and/or is a total [inappropriate/removed] and/or is horribly irresponsible.

Don't get me wrong, I would probably be just fine taking him at 33, but knowing that there is a 50/50 risk that he will bust because of character, not to mention the what, 25% chance he will bust on talent. So he has maybe a 30-40% chance to be good. Probably worth it for pick 33

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 85 of 100

Jump to: