Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread v.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40255
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


I dont, I believe the amount of water to stay hydrated compared to the amount of water to dilute urine are not the same.

The retake would be a bad idea. Everyone would make sure they would drink enough to test with a diluted sample and give them more time to flush their system.

I also believe the time they take the urine test they are not preparing to do any field work. Remember foster got sent home before LBs were ever to do the workouts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.


Oh...

Well this drug testing company says "unintentional dilution is fairly common".

http://www.ohsinc.com/info/how-to-cheat-a-drug-test/

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.


Did you not read the part that says "excessive amounts of water"???

And what does "fairly common" mean to you? You are wrong here, just drop it.
_________________
3/18/17 predictions:
Jimmy G stays with New England this year.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 14868
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.


Oh...

Well this drug testing company says "unintentional dilution is fairly common".

http://www.ohsinc.com/info/how-to-cheat-a-drug-test/

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.


Did you not read the part that says "excessive amounts of water"???

And what does "fairly common" mean to you? You are wrong here, just drop it.


Lol hokay dookie.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shoffma1999


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 3177
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.


Oh...

Well this drug testing company says "unintentional dilution is fairly common".

http://www.ohsinc.com/info/how-to-cheat-a-drug-test/

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.


Did you not read the part that says "excessive amounts of water"???

And what does "fairly common" mean to you? You are wrong here, just drop it.


This whole thing is definitely dumb. Reason? Hair follicle testing. It is more accurate and cannot be skewed with these types of things. The NFL has no shortage of money to run the test so do it the right way. If I was the attorney for the NFLPA I would be livid at this type of thing. I would fight tooth and nail to keep a guy out of the protocol because of a diluted sample test at the combine.
_________________


- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40255
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.


Oh...

Well this drug testing company says "unintentional dilution is fairly common".

http://www.ohsinc.com/info/how-to-cheat-a-drug-test/

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.


Did you not read the part that says "excessive amounts of water"???

And what does "fairly common" mean to you? You are wrong here, just drop it.


This whole thing is definitely dumb. Reason? Hair follicle testing. It is more accurate and cannot be skewed with these types of things. The NFL has no shortage of money to run the test so do it the right way. If I was the attorney for the NFLPA I would be livid at this type of thing. I would fight tooth and nail to keep a guy out of the protocol because of a diluted sample test at the combine.


NFLPA has no rule in it so far because they are not part of the NFLPA until they are drafted and/or signed.

Also the NFLPA cant be livid because they prolly signed off on it to get something else they view was more important

Also I could see them not wanting hair follicle testing because it could potentially lead to more positive drug testing by the players. Players can beat the urine testing, if they smart, and have an idea of when they might get caught. Hair follicle would be next to impossible for them to beat. It would really eliminate the use of drugs
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shoffma1999


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 3177
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.


Oh...

Well this drug testing company says "unintentional dilution is fairly common".

http://www.ohsinc.com/info/how-to-cheat-a-drug-test/

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.


Did you not read the part that says "excessive amounts of water"???

And what does "fairly common" mean to you? You are wrong here, just drop it.


This whole thing is definitely dumb. Reason? Hair follicle testing. It is more accurate and cannot be skewed with these types of things. The NFL has no shortage of money to run the test so do it the right way. If I was the attorney for the NFLPA I would be livid at this type of thing. I would fight tooth and nail to keep a guy out of the protocol because of a diluted sample test at the combine.


NFLPA has no rule in it so far because they are not part of the NFLPA until they are drafted and/or signed.

Also the NFLPA cant be livid because they prolly signed off on it to get something else they view was more important

Also I could see them not wanting hair follicle testing because it could potentially lead to more positive drug testing by the players. Players can beat the urine testing, if they smart, and have an idea of when they might get caught. Hair follicle would be next to impossible for them to beat. It would really eliminate the use of drugs


Lol, all good points. I thought players that tested positive at the combine had the substance abuse policy applied to them?
_________________


- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40255
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.


Oh...

Well this drug testing company says "unintentional dilution is fairly common".

http://www.ohsinc.com/info/how-to-cheat-a-drug-test/

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.


Did you not read the part that says "excessive amounts of water"???

And what does "fairly common" mean to you? You are wrong here, just drop it.


This whole thing is definitely dumb. Reason? Hair follicle testing. It is more accurate and cannot be skewed with these types of things. The NFL has no shortage of money to run the test so do it the right way. If I was the attorney for the NFLPA I would be livid at this type of thing. I would fight tooth and nail to keep a guy out of the protocol because of a diluted sample test at the combine.


NFLPA has no rule in it so far because they are not part of the NFLPA until they are drafted and/or signed.

Also the NFLPA cant be livid because they prolly signed off on it to get something else they view was more important

Also I could see them not wanting hair follicle testing because it could potentially lead to more positive drug testing by the players. Players can beat the urine testing, if they smart, and have an idea of when they might get caught. Hair follicle would be next to impossible for them to beat. It would really eliminate the use of drugs


Lol, all good points. I thought players that tested positive at the combine had the substance abuse policy applied to them?
Something like that. Im not sure how that worksout with them not being NFL players yet and being a part of the NFLPA
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 14868
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.


Oh...

Well this drug testing company says "unintentional dilution is fairly common".

http://www.ohsinc.com/info/how-to-cheat-a-drug-test/

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.


Did you not read the part that says "excessive amounts of water"???

And what does "fairly common" mean to you? You are wrong here, just drop it.


This whole thing is definitely dumb. Reason? Hair follicle testing. It is more accurate and cannot be skewed with these types of things. The NFL has no shortage of money to run the test so do it the right way. If I was the attorney for the NFLPA I would be livid at this type of thing. I would fight tooth and nail to keep a guy out of the protocol because of a diluted sample test at the combine.


Exactly, a guy gets put into the program because of a maybe when there are better tests available.

It just seems dumb.

Test them properly or, better yet, don't test them (for weed) at all.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shoffma1999


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 3177
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.


Oh...

Well this drug testing company says "unintentional dilution is fairly common".

http://www.ohsinc.com/info/how-to-cheat-a-drug-test/

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.


Did you not read the part that says "excessive amounts of water"???

And what does "fairly common" mean to you? You are wrong here, just drop it.


This whole thing is definitely dumb. Reason? Hair follicle testing. It is more accurate and cannot be skewed with these types of things. The NFL has no shortage of money to run the test so do it the right way. If I was the attorney for the NFLPA I would be livid at this type of thing. I would fight tooth and nail to keep a guy out of the protocol because of a diluted sample test at the combine.


Exactly, a guy gets put into the program because of a maybe when there are better tests available.

It just seems dumb.

Test them properly or, better yet, don't test them (for weed) at all.


I concur with this sentiment wholeheartedly. These guys are destroying their bodies and their is significant and growing evidence to suggest prescription opiates are about as dangerous as heroin when it comes to addiction, physiological withdrawal symptoms, and the impacts of prolonged use. This is largely a federal legislation issue, but the NFL should take a don't ask don't tell type of policy on marijuana in my opinion so these guys have some other source of pain relief. Granted, this opens the door to the chronic users for social purposes to get away with it, but I would rebut that with saying nobody cared that Johnny Manziel was an alcoholic until it impacted his ability to show up to team facility consistently on time and they aren't policing whether players are crushing up and snorting their Oxycontin.
_________________


- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Josh Booty


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Foster drops to 33, but if he did, I wouldn't hesitate. LB may not be our biggest need, but talent like that makes us a better team, and I don't put a some possible drug use and being rude to combine staff in the same tier as Gordon and Manziel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40255
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Booty wrote:
I doubt Foster drops to 33, but if he did, I wouldn't hesitate. LB may not be our biggest need, but talent like that makes us a better team, and I don't put a some possible drug use and being rude to combine staff in the same tier as Gordon and Manziel.


LB might not be the biggest need but there might be a player at 33 that could fill a big need. He might be BPA but it might not be by much IMO. It really depends on whos there. I am not a fan of drafting a LB very high (first two rounds). Williams doesnt utilize 3 LBs. He mainly only used 2. I think Collins and Kirksey would make a great pair. I think the first two rounds should include a FS, SS, and a DB to go along with Garrett
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 6104
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Booty wrote:
I doubt Foster drops to 33, but if he did, I wouldn't hesitate. LB may not be our biggest need, but talent like that makes us a better team, and I don't put a some possible drug use and being rude to combine staff in the same tier as Gordon and Manziel.


I was JUST thinking this.....
If he's there at 33...that's a no brainer...
He has NO history of drug abuse at Alabama, AND it was not a violation, it was a "Diluted" Sample which "Will be treated as a positive test".
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Foster gets kicked out of the combine AND has a dilute urine sample.

I hate to say it fellas, but that is a very bright red flag. Talent only gets you as far as your brain will let it.
_________________
3/18/17 predictions:
Jimmy G stays with New England this year.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 572
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
So Foster gets kicked out of the combine AND has a dilute urine sample.

I hate to say it fellas, but that is a very bright red flag. Talent only gets you as far as your brain will let it.


Roid rage?
_________________
But wait! There's more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
So Foster gets kicked out of the combine AND has a dilute urine sample.

I hate to say it fellas, but that is a very bright red flag. Talent only gets you as far as your brain will let it.


Roid rage?


I have no idea exactly what he did to get kicked out (did it have to do with giving a urine sample?), but to get booted out of the combine is unheard of. He is either a total idiot and/or is a total [inappropriate/removed] and/or is horribly irresponsible.

Don't get me wrong, I would probably be just fine taking him at 33, but knowing that there is a 50/50 risk that he will bust because of character, not to mention the what, 25% chance he will bust on talent. So he has maybe a 30-40% chance to be good. Probably worth it for pick 33
_________________
3/18/17 predictions:
Jimmy G stays with New England this year.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 85 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group