Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread v.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EL Brownso


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 1635
Location: Alamogordo, NM
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:


Exactly, for example this:

Quote:
Eye-catching deep pass accuracy (47.7 completion percentage) with 14 touchdowns on throws 21-plus yards.


That's not a made up stat. Maybe he disagrees with the filler words, but this shows he can throw the deep ball.


That's probably what Hue loves about him. That and he is really accurate on the slants and crossing patterns. It's actually pretty impressive. To throw Tebow and Young into the conversation isn't fair. Tebow was an athlete playing quarterback and Young was stupid, literally he was dumb dumb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NudeTayne


Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 404
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
Good to see VanS finding his way into our forum on his Josh Dobbs apologist tour.


amirite Very Happy
_________________
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tbone32


Joined: 25 Nov 2016
Posts: 70
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
The more of Patrick Mahomes I watch the less I like him. I would not feel close to comfortable using a day 2 pick on him. I think hes a late day 3 type prospect. His footwork, mechanics, and delivery are putrid. He has good arm strength and....... and.......and..... not much else. He put up good numbers in a crap conference? Is that the second best thing in his 'pros' column?

This kid will be a drive killing machine. Sacks and INTs for days.


Many other plays will result in TDs, though. He embodies the adage that Rob Ryan said about some of his blitzes, "One way or the other, somebody's band is gonna be playing".

I grew up watching Bernie Kosar, so I am unafraid of bad mechanics. I like the kid, and think he is going to be the a superstar in the NFL.

Funny how you can get such polar opposite opinions from the same player.


Are you assuming he fixes everything that's broken with him, or that his flaws don't matter as is and he can succeed anyways?

I'm curious if you see him as someone like Stafford who can ball despite the mechanical issues. I feel his mechanics are way way way worse than Staffords and his brains and arm and experience are much worse.


I guess that's why he's not in consideration at #1 overall like Stafford.

He's got a lot of Favre in him, which is the kind of prospect I would equate him to.


He is a really really really bad Brett Farve. Which is Jay Cutler. And Jay Cutler is on the open market if you want him.

I just dont see Mahommes style in general translating to the NFL. I cant get Colin Kaepernick and Cutler out of my head when thinking of him. Guess what, Kaep is also on the open market if you want him Laughing

I think Mahommes is this years Paxton Lynch. He is raw as hell and drafted as a guy who everybody knows needs a year or two on the bench to fine tune him traits. He needs to learn to snap from under center. He needs to learn how to read defenses and not just hot read everything and he needs to learn footwork IN the pocket. He cant just scramble around in circles in the NFL like he can in college. The Browns dont have that kind of time. He would be better suited for a team like the Cardinals or Steelers while teams like the Browns fight over Trubisky/Watson who are considered much more day 1 than Kizer/Mahommes. Instead of spending a 1st on Mahommes--I would MUCH rather spend a 4th on Dobbs. Dobbs is also fast with a strong arm but he has much better mechanics, more of a pocket passer and the intelligence factor but he wont cost a all-or-nothing 1st.

The Value of Josh Dobbs in the 4th compared to Patrick Mahommes in the 1st is astronomical--and yes, that was a play on Dobbs' aero space major Razz
Do you realize Trubisky only started 13 games in college? Yet he is the most prepared NFL QB? Taking a QB isn't about how good they'll be next year but rather how good they're long term.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NudeTayne


Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 404
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
To me he never lived up to his ability at Tennessee. He is very smart and has the tools, to me his issue was coaching. Tennessee never develops offensive players, specially QBs. Makes me wonder how that coaching staff can pull in top tier recruits and have a pretty good class every once and awhile. Seriously, I think the last time Tennessee had a player drafted was in 2014. Which really shouldnt be a surprise since jones has been there since 2013. So, really, Jones has never sent one of his players to the NFL. Dobbs might be the difference and I believe Dobbs is going to be drafted mainly for his senior bowl work instead of what he did at Tennessee. Seriously, Tennessee needs a new head coach.


Kamara is ten times the player that Dobbs will ever be (like that hyperbole?).
Josh Malone will also be drafted this year, and my eyes see a quality NFL starter. So be real about all this: he had a crap o-line but was no savior. Your post is full of hyperbole btw all throughout so not sure what you're talking about. Try to make fewer emotional appeals in the future...or don't. *shrug*

I'll start with the first statement that Dobbs did not live up to his ability. No, he lived up exactly to his ability. His smarts & skills are directly reflected in his career. All this coach nonsense can be used to boom or bust any player. Just stop. We can speculate about what will happen if he has more time to practice after graduating etc., which is reasonable, but you stating it like facts is ridic. Coach has been there...three/four years? He's about to have two possible first rounders (Barnett, Kamara) & a few mid rounders. What was your point again?

Quote:
(1) Josh Dobbs was named All-SEC 2nd Team last season (and really should have been 1st team because his numbers were better across the board than Jalen Hurts who got it mainly because his team Alabama was better and dominated the SEC). Dobbs was named SEC Offensive Player of the Year by Athlon Sports in 2016. He led the SEC in QB Rating, Total TDs, and Passing TDs for the season. He was also the league leader during SEC play in QB Rating, Total TDs, Passing TDs, and yards per pass attempt. So its not like he was racking up the passing stats against weak non-conference opponents. He was STATISTICALLY the best passing QB in the SEC last year during conference play.


I can only assume the evaluators looked at the fact that he ran more than...anybody? Smile Also, he has shoddy accuracy (63% was his best year). That 47% deep ball stat is adjusted and dishonest--not his completion percentage. He was terrible the year before. See my post below about his year minus his hot streak at the end. Here are some of those inarguable facts that you cherry pick from:

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/can-tennessee-improve-its-passing-attack-despite-josh-dobbs-deep-ball-struggles

You key in on how Dobbs ended the league year well and did pretty well in conference, but let's both agree that he wasn't half of D-Watson in the SEC (see: when it counted / see: his every year). No one wants to touch Watson (nor do I really, but he's way better than Dobbs). Dobbs's stats back up what I said in my post earlier; he is not accurate. Again, he is not accurate. He throws a nice slant, does not read the field well to hit receivers deep (he almost never went deep, so stop cherry-picking). He has not been accurate at any point. He is below average in working the flat timing-wise, which is pathetic. He does not look off well. Go watch him play. Stop the nonsense.

Quote:
(2) Josh Dobbs is 2nd all-time in total TDs in Tennessee history behind NFL legend Peyton Manningachoo*hyperbole*achoo*gotta mention the word legend for emotional response*achoo. He is 3rd all-time in total yards in Tennessee history behind Peyton Manning and Eric Ainge (who both played significantly more games than Dobbs in his career). Ainge played 43 games in his college career while Manning played in 45 games. Dobbs on the other hand played in just 37 games in his college career. On a per game basis, he averaged more TDs per game than Manning and more yards per game than Manning and Ainge. In his 45 career games, Peyton Manning averaged 245 yards per game of offense and 2.24 TDs per game. In his 37 career games, Dobbs averaged 253 yards per game of offense and 2.35 TDs per game. So if you are looking purely at numbers, Josh Dobbs is the most prolific offensive player(lol--avoids saying QB) in the history of Tennessee football. And that is saying something considering this is the alma mater of Peyton Manning.


Exactly. We're talking about a battle between him and Erik Ainge. You are cherry-picking adding all his rush yards/TDs (yes, I know he's a mobile QB...exactly. *crickets chirping*). It's time to throw up in the mouth when you mention him and Peyton in the same sentence. Peyton clearly had it in college. Dobbs does not. Tennessee is no top QB college or anything outside of Peyton. Dobbs still went 27/12 this year & like some have pointed out, he got lucky that it wasn't, say, 27/18. In his senior year, he still didn't put up an amazing stat line against college defenses. "But the savior." I get it.

Quote:
(3) In terms of single season production, Josh Dobbs in 2016 broke the single-season record for total TDs scored by a single-player in Tennessee history (previously held by Peyton Manning) with 40 TDs scored this past season. He was also within 9 yards of breaking Peyton Manning's single season record for total yards of offense. He also led the Tennessee offense to a school record in terms of points scored and total TDs scored for a reason


Glad he had a reason Very Happy. Oh, and the final four games that Dobbs padded his very average season with were against teams with a combined record of 23 wins, 29 losses. He had 11TD/1INT, which is great, but let's look at those facts you love. I'll go ahead, just for fun and hyperbole, adjust his stats for if these cleanup games (one of which he lost against a 5-6 team at the time) didn't happen: 16TD/11INT and 56.8% completion for the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!These exclamation points are facts, not hyperbole Wink. While I give him a positive check mark for beasting versus lower competition, this is the Dobbs my eyes see. He had one passing touchdown (three on the ground in a college game loss--cool) in the game that mattered. I won't fault him for not beasting in one game, but lets be rationally consistent.

Quote:
Now these are all facts not hyperbole. I can make a strong argument based on FACTS, Joshua Dobbs is STATISTICALLY the best offensive player in the history of Tennessee football when it comes to individual production on a per game basis (over a large sample size) in terms of total yards of offense and total TDs scored. In addition, Dobbs also led the most prolific scoring offense in Tennessee history this past year in terms of total points scored and total TDs scored.


I dream of that day. You launch into hyperbole by qualifying the heck out of your statements. The fact of the matter is that you are attempting to apply some special meaning behind having the highest stats in Tennessee history as being any indicator of NFL success (yes, that is the argument you are trying to make throughout your posts.). This year was good, not best ever (2700/27td/12int). And this is the only year he's been above 7ypa. Check out Deshaun Watson's stats. They are not even in the same league. Give it up already. Every year there are NCAA record breakers who turn into backups or less. You add his rushing TDs and passing TDs and stack them against a hall of fame pocket passer--hyperbole at its finest. The majority of us don't want RG4. We want PM2.

Quote:
I hope this post lays to rest this ridiculous idea so many on this site hold that Josh Dobbs is simply a product of hype from the senior bowl and that he really did nothing of note in college. The guy has actually put together a pretty IMPRESSIVE career at Tennessee. He carried that program on his back the last 3 years and took them from a team that was a 5-7 bottom feeder in the SEC to being a team that spent half the season last year in the top 10 nationally that had many thinking they could challenge Alabama for the SEC Championship. Yes his team ultimately disappointed last year by failing to reach the SEC Championship but he did lead what was a pretty meteoric rise for a program that before he took over as the starter in 2014 toiled in irrelevance for 7 years.


It won't because he is. And the idea is not ridiculous--more hyperbole.
Dobbs did not carry that team on his back. He was a good starter in college with electric legs to escape pressure. Unless you mean that if a QB runs a ton & dink/dunks in a very average way with an elite playmaker next to him (40/400/4 receiving fwiw--padded Dobbs's stats quite well), then we can agree. I agree that he was good for the program and community.

Oh, and for a bonus. I never said he was injury-prone (more hyperbole on your truthiness end). I said he was an injury waiting to happen, which I stand by. He absolutely takes stupid hits, so your point there is false. I can particularly think of the goal line hit where he gets rocked, fumbled and doesn't get in. For those still reading, apologies on the length, but I hope this post lays to rest this ridiculous idea of teh things I am responding to.


_________________
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 952
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard an interesting report. Not sure if he was able to get it done or not, but Brock Osweiler has been trying to organize a get together on the west coast with the Browns WRs to begin working with them. Good news I would think.
_________________
But wait! There's more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bosko1616


Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 3801
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao so I just I was talking to my buddy this morning and I jokingly said ...

Me: oh man trading up for Trubisky huh ? Risky move sir.

P: sashi is playing mind games for sure. If we're going to trade up its going to be for one of the safeties ( Hooker/Adams ). Best Defensive drafts in Decades and we'd be the the ones to pick all offense.

Me: Ahhh Hooker would be my dream with Garrett.

P: I think it would be Greggs as well. Lol

Also said don't get it twisted Hue can change his mind up until draft day. If he wants Trubisky or whoever they'll try and get him but Hues been pretty adamant about being Patient. But I'm still convinced he has his eyes on the Senior Bowl QBS.

The Mixon Hype is real and they're not afraid use 33 on him if necessary. Unless a higher ranked player slips.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15247
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

33 is getting up there for Mixon IMO.

I think he's arguably the most talented back in the draft, but I hate spending high picks on backs and that's not much of discount for his character concerns.

I wouldn't be mad, but I think there would be players who are less of a character risk and who play a more valuable position that would be rated just as high available at 33.

At least I'm hoping so...
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 6179
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random thought guy's.....does anyone else in here love the fact that, the media that be cannot get a read on our Front office? Since they took over, there was the first 90 day's of nothing but "Egg Head's" and "Moneyball"...now the plan is playing out and we own the next two drafts, and were able to make Big Money free agents moves with the GOBS of cap space....I like our Front office...
The Media that Be has been trying to peg our moves since they took over...no one saw the Jamie Collins trade coming.....and then they kept talking about our inability to keep him as a 1 year rental. FALSE
They talked about how we were going to cut McCown after we signed RGIII....fake new's...
They were talking for weeks about how the Browns were working overtime to put together a trade package for Garappolo.....the Browns front office, pick up a Vet QB (who was the HOT NAME just 1 year ago) and a 2nd round pick for taking his salary........
For the first time, it feels like the Front office is using the media vs the other way around.....I mean the hot story last week was Fournette at #1 Laughing Laughing

All I have to say to the Media, is....Relax and pay attention.....everything will come to Fruition as its supposed to...Stop trying to act like you know more than you do.....and let our "MoneyBall Egg Head's" do their thing...
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 9034
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
Random thought guy's.....does anyone else in here love the fact that, the media that be cannot get a read on our Front office? Since they took over, there was the first 90 day's of nothing but "Egg Head's" and "Moneyball"...now the plan is playing out and we own the next two drafts, and were able to make Big Money free agents moves with the GOBS of cap space....I like our Front office...
The Media that Be has been trying to peg our moves since they took over...no one saw the Jamie Collins trade coming.....and then they kept talking about our inability to keep him as a 1 year rental. FALSE
They talked about how we were going to cut McCown after we signed RGIII....fake new's...
They were talking for weeks about how the Browns were working overtime to put together a trade package for Garappolo.....the Browns front office, pick up a Vet QB (who was the HOT NAME just 1 year ago) and a 2nd round pick for taking his salary........
For the first time, it feels like the Front office is using the media vs the other way around.....I mean the hot story last week was Fournette at #1 Laughing Laughing

All I have to say to the Media, is....Relax and pay attention.....everything will come to Fruition as its supposed to...Stop trying to act like you know more than you do.....and let our "MoneyBall Egg Head's" do their thing...


Well, they have to fill their time slots with SOMETHING Very Happy

Mary K is easily the worst, and it is a total mind #### how she even has a job in sports.
_________________
3/18/17 predictions:
Jimmy G stays with New England this year.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pruitt3443


Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 587
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else see Myles Garrett's twitter feed news as to who he is now following? He is now following Joe Haden, Carl Nassib, Danny Shelton and LeBron. Maybe he is aware of something we are not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bucketheadsdad


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 7538
Location: Working Overtime in the Factory of Sadness
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.

_________________

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15247
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 9034
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.
_________________
3/18/17 predictions:
Jimmy G stays with New England this year.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1623
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Malik Hooker just went 17th in Kiper and McShays mock draft and was Bill Polians 4th rated Safety. The book is out on his medical history, and its not good"---Ross Tucker, NBC.

So about that I dont want Hooker at 12 because of his question marks thing earlier.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15247
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
We might just have our first "dropper" in the early part of the draft.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/alabama-reuben-foster-fails-drug-test

Quote:
The failed drug test was apparently due to a diluted sample, which Foster says is the result of aggressively hydrating after coming down with a stomach bug.


Kinda crazy these guys fail for a diluted test IMO.

You've got a bunch of guys trying to stay hydrated in preparation for long days of testing physical performance.

If I were running this mess I'd make those guys whose samples come back as diluted retake the test.

I just think it's kinda effed up to assume guilt.


The amount of water you have to drink for your sample to come back diluted is mind boggling.

Either he chugged 2 gallons of water in an hour, or he took a diuretic.


Oh...

Well this drug testing company says "unintentional dilution is fairly common".

http://www.ohsinc.com/info/how-to-cheat-a-drug-test/

Like I said, there is motive to drink a lot of water and "over hydrate" for this population as opposed to the random desk jockey.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 84 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group