Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason Thread v.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1598
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
The more of Patrick Mahomes I watch the less I like him. I would not feel close to comfortable using a day 2 pick on him. I think hes a late day 3 type prospect. His footwork, mechanics, and delivery are putrid. He has good arm strength and....... and.......and..... not much else. He put up good numbers in a crap conference? Is that the second best thing in his 'pros' column?

This kid will be a drive killing machine. Sacks and INTs for days.


Many other plays will result in TDs, though. He embodies the adage that Rob Ryan said about some of his blitzes, "One way or the other, somebody's band is gonna be playing".

I grew up watching Bernie Kosar, so I am unafraid of bad mechanics. I like the kid, and think he is going to be the a superstar in the NFL.

Funny how you can get such polar opposite opinions from the same player.


Are you assuming he fixes everything that's broken with him, or that his flaws don't matter as is and he can succeed anyways?

I'm curious if you see him as someone like Stafford who can ball despite the mechanical issues. I feel his mechanics are way way way worse than Staffords and his brains and arm and experience are much worse.


I guess that's why he's not in consideration at #1 overall like Stafford.

He's got a lot of Favre in him, which is the kind of prospect I would equate him to.


He is a really really really bad Brett Farve. Which is Jay Cutler. And Jay Cutler is on the open market if you want him.

I just dont see Mahommes style in general translating to the NFL. I cant get Colin Kaepernick and Cutler out of my head when thinking of him. Guess what, Kaep is also on the open market if you want him Laughing

I think Mahommes is this years Paxton Lynch. He is raw as hell and drafted as a guy who everybody knows needs a year or two on the bench to fine tune him traits. He needs to learn to snap from under center. He needs to learn how to read defenses and not just hot read everything and he needs to learn footwork IN the pocket. He cant just scramble around in circles in the NFL like he can in college. The Browns dont have that kind of time. He would be better suited for a team like the Cardinals or Steelers while teams like the Browns fight over Trubisky/Watson who are considered much more day 1 than Kizer/Mahommes. Instead of spending a 1st on Mahommes--I would MUCH rather spend a 4th on Dobbs. Dobbs is also fast with a strong arm but he has much better mechanics, more of a pocket passer and the intelligence factor but he wont cost a all-or-nothing 1st.

The Value of Josh Dobbs in the 4th compared to Patrick Mahommes in the 1st is astronomical--and yes, that was a play on Dobbs' aero space major Razz
_________________


Last edited by AkronsWitness on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 58754
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oEDys1-su1c

I will be shocked if Haden lasts much longer here under Williams. Fair or unfair, I think Haden's injuries put him in a negative light. Especially when you factor in his contract.
_________________

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1598
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oEDys1-su1c

I will be shocked if Haden lasts much longer here under Williams. Fair or unfair, I think Haden's injuries put him in a negative light. Especially when you factor in his contract.


I can see it now. The Browns secondary led by Jamar Taylor, Brein Boody-Calhoun, Derek Kindred and Ibraheim Campbell Surprised

Either way Haden is going nowhere because of his contract. You cant dump it and nobody will trade for it. You have to hope he stays healthy and returns to form. Williams was simply sending a message to the leader of the defense so he can carry the expectations with him down to the younger guys. Nothing to see here.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VanS


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
Do not be surprised if Josh Dobbs makes it into the second. Hue really really likes him.


I cant see them spending a 2nd on him, 3rd year, but ideally it should be a 4th


I only watched a couple games, but from what I saw I was thoroughly unimpressed.

Maybe I need to watch a few more.

Prolly just wait until we take him so I can then talk myself into loving him.


To me he never lived up to his ability at Tennessee. He is very smart and has the tools, to me his issue was coaching. Tennessee never develops offensive players, specially QBs. Makes me wonder how that coaching staff can pull in top tier recruits and have a pretty good class every once and awhile. Seriously, I think the last time Tennessee had a player drafted was in 2014. Which really shouldnt be a surprise since jones has been there since 2013. So, really, Jones has never sent one of his players to the NFL. Dobbs might be the difference and I believe Dobbs is going to be drafted mainly for his senior bowl work instead of what he did at Tennessee. Seriously, Tennessee needs a new head coach.

Dobbs doesnt fit the mold the FO used last year. They were all about draft the guys who were all conference, breaking some kind of program records, and etc. IMO if Dobbs gets drafted its because the mainly Hue but the other coaches really liked what they learned and saw from him at the senior bowl.


Ok. That statement couldn't be farther from the truth.

(1) Josh Dobbs was named All-SEC 2nd Team last season (and really should have been 1st team because his numbers were better across the board than Jalen Hurts who got it mainly because his team Alabama was better and dominated the SEC). Dobbs was named SEC Offensive Player of the Year by Athlon Sports in 2016. He led the SEC in QB Rating, Total TDs, and Passing TDs for the season. He was also the league leader during SEC play in QB Rating, Total TDs, Passing TDs, and yards per pass attempt. So its not like he was racking up the passing stats against weak non-conference opponents. He was STATISTICALLY the best passing QB in the SEC last year during conference play.

(2) Josh Dobbs is 2nd all-time in total TDs in Tennessee history behind NFL legend Peyton Manning. He is 3rd all-time in total yards in Tennessee history behind Peyton Manning and Eric Ainge (who both played significantly more games than Dobbs in his career). Ainge played 43 games in his college career while Manning played in 45 games. Dobbs on the other hand played in just 37 games in his college career. On a per game basis, he averaged more TDs per game than Manning and more yards per game than Manning and Ainge. In his 45 career games, Peyton Manning averaged 245 yards per game of offense and 2.24 TDs per game. In his 37 career games, Dobbs averaged 253 yards per game of offense and 2.35 TDs per game. So if you are looking purely at numbers, Josh Dobbs is the most prolific offensive player in the history of Tennessee football. And that is saying something considering this is the alma mater of Peyton Manning.

(3) In terms of single season production, Josh Dobbs in 2016 broke the single-season record for total TDs scored by a single-player in Tennessee history (previously held by Peyton Manning) with 40 TDs scored this past season. He was also within 9 yards of breaking Peyton Manning's single season record for total yards of offense. He also led the Tennessee offense to a school record in terms of points scored and total TDs scored for a reason.

Now these are all facts not hyperbole. I can make a strong argument based on FACTS, Joshua Dobbs is STATISTICALLY the best offensive player in the history of Tennessee football when it comes to individual production on a per game basis (over a large sample size) in terms of total yards of offense and total TDs scored. In addition, Dobbs also led the most prolific scoring offense in Tennessee history this past year in terms of total points scored and total TDs scored.

I hope this post lays to rest this ridiculous idea so many on this site hold that Josh Dobbs is simply a product of hype from the senior bowl and that he really did nothing of note in college. The guy has actually put together a pretty IMPRESSIVE career at Tennessee. He carried that program on his back the last 3 years and took them from a team that was a 5-7 bottom feeder in the SEC to being a team that spent half the season last year in the top 10 nationally that had many thinking they could challenge Alabama for the SEC Championship. Yes his team ultimately disappointed last year by failing to reach the SEC Championship but he did lead what was a pretty meteoric rise for a program that before he took over as the starter in 2014 toiled in irrelevance for 7 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VanS


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:


I only watched a couple games, but from what I saw I was thoroughly unimpressed.

Maybe I need to watch a few more.

Prolly just wait until we take him so I can then talk myself into loving him.


Put me squarely in this club as well. I'm FAR from a Dobbs fan as a QB prospect. Seems like a great kid and very intelligent...but I don't want him on my football team.


I watched 3 of his games this year (UF, UGA and UK)...they had a lot of comeback wins this year....and he looked OK, kinda reminds me of how Dak Prescott was in college....


And if we draft him, I hope that he is Dak 2.0! Laughing

However, I personally see a guy who never made the next step and plateaued after his sophomore year.

Maybe it's that Tennessee never developed him and poor talent around him, but at some point, you are who you are.

Maybe he was really good and was limited by his coaching/supporting cast, but I personally don't see it.


The numbers simply don't bear this out. His passing stats progressed each year. And he took a big step from his junior season to his senior season. I think the reason most people who didn't watch him play closely in college (like I did) feel this way is that you guys are simply attaching the fact Tennessee as a team disappointed the last two years onto Joshua Dobbs. He's an inconsistent player I will grant you that. And if you catch him on the wrong night like against App State or South Carolina last year you will think he has not improved. But the reality is he was BY FAR the best player on Tennessee's football team the last 2 years. And without him they would have won 5 or less games each year. His dynamic play helped them win many games they should not have. The real reason for Tennessee's disappointment as a football team was Butch Jones in 2015 with his terrible late game decision-making and in 2016 they were beset by an avalanche of injuries on defense. With a better coaching staff and better luck with injuries the last 2 years, Tennessee could have been a playoff team. They were close in 2015 with 4 losses by 17 total points and holding double-digit or fourth quarter leads in every game. Butch Jones is the real cause of disappointment at Tennessee not Josh Dobbs.

There are 2 reasons I believe Dobbs will be a STAR at the next level:

(1) He succeeded behind what was an awful offensive line and unreliable wide receivers. If you listen to Todd McShay lately (who is becoming as big a fan of Dobbs as I am) he harps on this point. The players around Dobbs didn't really help him. Everyone thinks Tennessee has so much talent because they had a guy like Alvin Kamara (who might go in the 1st round) as a backup RB. And yes, its true Tennessee had a couple of very talented skill players in the backfield like Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara. And some big name receivers like Josh Malone. What they lacked was talent on the offensive line. They had without a doubt the worst offensive line the SEC each of the last two years. Go watch the tape against App State and Virginia Tech this year and see how many times their offensive line collapsed. Or you could watch how badly Charles Harris manhandled Tennessee's starting LT on every play when Missouri played Tennessee. Somehow behind a god awful offensive line and receivers that dropped the ball at a higher rate than is normal, Dobbs was able to lead Tennessee to its 2 most prolific scoring seasons in program history the last two years. Tennessee also finished as the #2 scoring offense in the SEC each of the last two years. His feel for the pocket and his ability to throw against pressure as well as his scrambling ability to buy time are second to none. One of the biggest transitions to the NFL for college QBs is dealing with pressure from a collapsing pocket. This is one of the major reasons Peterman lost the job to Dobbs and had to transfer. Dobbs has been incredibly successful in college behind what was an awful offensive line. He should have no problem transitioning to the NFL when it comes to facing pressure from pass rushers.

(2) This will be the first time in his life he'll be totally focused on football. Everyone talks about how smart he is and his major. What few people realize is how much of a time commitment that took up. And how it possibly stunted his growth as a football player. Dobbs himself admitted that he had to split his time in preparing for football games so he could do his coursework. Some look at this as a negative saying he's not into football, I look at it as a positive. I know he loves the game so I'm not worried about him not being interested in the game. What this lets me know that there is more room for growth in his game. He might have a higher ceiling than all the other QBs in this class because he hasn't been all-in on football for as long as they have. Now that he has no more classes and only has football we might see him improve at a more rapid rate than his peers as they transition to the NFL.

I don't think we've seen the best of Josh Dobbs quite yet. He has a totally another level he can get to as a pro QB. IMO he has the potential to be a Randall Cunningham like player in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VanS


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:


I only watched a couple games, but from what I saw I was thoroughly unimpressed.

Maybe I need to watch a few more.

Prolly just wait until we take him so I can then talk myself into loving him.


Put me squarely in this club as well. I'm FAR from a Dobbs fan as a QB prospect. Seems like a great kid and very intelligent...but I don't want him on my football team.


I watched 3 of his games this year (UF, UGA and UK)...they had a lot of comeback wins this year....and he looked OK, kinda reminds me of how Dak Prescott was in college....


And if we draft him, I hope that he is Dak 2.0! Laughing

However, I personally see a guy who never made the next step and plateaued after his sophomore year.

Maybe it's that Tennessee never developed him and poor talent around him, but at some point, you are who you are.

Maybe he was really good and was limited by his coaching/supporting cast, but I personally don't see it.


It seemed to be the opposite tbh; I really want Kamara & Malone after watching all that trash TN QB tape. I came out of watching Dobbs so fired up (or is it fired down?) that I (okay, not so) briefly considered making a fumblebluntz-level thread just to rant about how we better not draft Josh Dobbs. Instead, I'll still do it but just post it right here Laughing.

First off (second off, third off), the histrionics: I may lose all trust in Hue as an evaluator of QBs if we grab Dobbs as anything more than developmental. Dobbs really is that bad. Forget the aerospace, everyone; he was that same genius in college and did not stand out among all those other non-aerospace dudes. This may be going too far(?), but I'm not sure that his being a "Harvard nerd" himself won't end up being more of a challenge in relating to an NFL locker room full of elite violent athletes. Either way, IMO he will never be an NFL-level starter. I don't see one special trait in him other than his running skills and see several concerning flaws in his game.

So where am I sourcing all this vitriol from? On top of having watched a few of his games during the '16 season, the senior bowl & highlight tapes in the past, last night I watched six of those "every throw" videos on Dobbs back-to-back, all but two from this season (had the time so wth), as well as his pro day and his Gruden camp for good measure. As a potential NFL QB draft prospect, THIS GUY SUCKS. I wouldn't draft him before the 5th if it were up to me and only if Hue thinks he can shape him.

Pros:
Dobbs throws a really pretty ball.
Arm strength is above average.
Escapability when pocket breaks down.
Very good in open field.
Accurate and generally good timing with slant routes.
Sells play action fairly well, as he is a threat to break runs.
Excellent running the wildcat (I hope this isn't why Hue likes him).
Throws well on the run overall.

Cons:
Takes way too many hits and is likely gonna get injured sooner than later.
His build is fairly slight, which is concerning for a guy who runs so much.
Abandons pocket way too soon and looks to run.
Many poor decisions that should be INTs (srsly lucky didn't have way more).
Missing the wow throws. Where are his NFL throws? So few.
Manziel/Watson'itis--great players (Kamara(!) & Malone(!)) bailing him out.
Does not consistently lead players except in slants--flat throws early/late.
Sets Kamara up to get killed in telegraphing RB dump offs (ugh).
Throws into coverage and isn't accurate enough to be trusted to do so.
Eye test says there could easily be 10 QBs better than him in this weak QB draft.
Runs college system that tends to get figured out in the pros pretty quickly.


Dobbs's pro day was lackluster and rarely did he hit anyone in full stride--lots of slow-downs with the receivers. I thought he came off a bit arrogant in Gruden's QB camp, though it seems like I'm the only one who thinks that(?).

In summation, Dobbs looked like the classic college QB with traits that do not transfer to the pros. He reminds me of a poor man's Colin Kaepernick (or maybe RGIII without the pre-injury accuracy), though I don't see him ever being as good as Kaepernick. As much as Kaepernick gets hated on, he has proven that he can make some big throws while Dobbs dink & dunks all day, occasionally hitting a wide open guy downfield. Dobbs has a great slant, is below average in decision-making/processing/looking off defenders, is reckless with his body, poor pocket presence, and at times seems like the dumbest player on the field when watching some of his terrible throws. I really just don't understand. I'd take Jerod Evans & Brad Kaaya over him and Chad Kelly WAYYYYY (extra Ys for emphasis) over him.

#tellthemhowyoureallyfeel


Can you please tell me where you were able to see Dobbs pro day? I'm probably the biggest Dobbs fan around here and I have been unable to find actual video of his pro day on the net. I watched it live when it happened and everyone else who saw it live said it was phenomenal. A major reason for the buzz around him the last few weeks was that pro day that was well received by NFL talent evaluators.

Anyways I'll play along. I agree with all your pros. But I disagree with most of the cons.

(1) Its true Dobbs takes a lot of hits because of his ability as a runner, however, this idea he might be injury prone is not founded in reality. Josh Dobbs has NEVER missed a snap in his college career. He's NEVER had to leave a game for even a snap and this is while playing 37 games at the University of Tennessee most of those games being in the SEC where he is running the ball a lot. He also played behind a weak o-line so he took a lot of hits from sacks. And yet he's been incredibly durable. Dobbs just has a knack of avoiding big hits. When he's running guys seem to just bounce off him. And in the pocket he has a sixth sense that allows him to avoid most big hits. Durability is the last of my concerns with Josh.

(2) His build is just fine. He's a dynamic athlete so he's never going to be a thick guy. And given the fact he has yet to miss a snap in his college career due to injury I would say his frame is just fine to withstand the punishment of the NFL. Dobbs is just one of those guys who knows how to go down and not put himself in a position where he gets hit hard.

(3) I totally disagree with you that he abandons the pocket too quickly. Go watch his performance in the 2nd half against Florida in 2016. He hung in the pocket that game even with blitzers coming down on him and delivered dimes to his receivers for TDs. He is not a guy who gets ansy in the pocket. He is tough and does a great job buying time for his receivers to get open when the pocket collapses (which happened often thanks to how bad the Tennessee offensive line has been the last 3 years). If you want to know why Peterman transferred, its because he couldn't play behind that porous offensive line like Dobbs. He didn't have the ability to buy time or extend plays.

(4) I'll give you the poor decision-making. This is where I feel he has the biggest room for growth. He does make one or two WTF throws every game where you wonder why he would throw such a pass into so much traffic. I believe that is a part of his game he needs to improve.

(5) I will also agree with you on the point that Dobbs did set up Kamara to die a couple of times on swing passes or passes up the middle. He also did Kamara no favors on a lot of those passes out of the backfield where Kamara typically made something out of nothing. That is a major reason why Kamara is my #1 RB in this class. What he can do in the pass game as a RB is Marshall Faulk-esque. I will, however, disagree with you on Josh Malone. He's not a special player. He rarely bailed Dobbs out like Kamara did. He actually missed more easy catches than he made difficult catches. Josh Dobbs made Josh Malone, not the other way around. Malone is the classic height, weight, speed WR. He will get drafted in the 3rd round because of his physical gifts. However, he lacks the natural hands, body control, and leaping ability to be a big-time WR in the NFL. The WR that bailed Dobbs out last season was actually Jauan Jennings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VanS


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
#tellthemhowyoureallyfeel


I really thought he was likable in his Gruden QB Camp interview and everything I read about his pro day was positive.

He is not my favorite QB at all. But the kid is extremely smart and he has the tools. He has shown he can do just about anything you ask him, but will he go back to his tendency to run at the wrong time.

I remember watching the end of the Alabama game. When he took two sacks in a row that neither were his fault (the second was the game ending fumble). I think as much as he had a good supporting cast (Kamara) his line failed him quite a bit.


Yeah, I'm on an island in how I read his energy. He rubs me the wrong way a bit. He seems a bit hot shot'y to me but yeah, most don't see him that way. I will agree that his line did suck. I am not sure I agree that he has shown he can do it all (I don't see him consistently moving the ball without his legs) and WILL bet against him (since people seem to love saying, "_________, but I wouldn't bet against him" Razz).

Dobbs IS extremely smart, though do school smarts really have much to do with quick twitch decision-making? I'm not so sure they do. I'm a brainiac type but was always just okay when I played baseball for several years (though I did win a hitting contest for my league one year. #ownhorn)

The pro day is available on Youtube. He by no means looks bad. He just seemed to make very average throws, though, that every QB could make (I was looking for timing on his throws and didn't see that IMO).


The whole thing or a few clips? Because I watched the entire 63 pass throwing session on the day it happened.

Here is what Gil Brandt had to say about it: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000797242/article/pro-day-results-tennessee-texas-tech-wvu-indiana

Quote:
Tennessee held its pro day on Friday, and it was the school's unheralded quarterback who stole the show.

Joshua Dobbs (6-3 1/4, 218), who stood on all of his numbers from the combine, was his own quarterback guru, scripting his own plays for the workout portion of the pro day. He started with four go-routes, and dropped each into the bucket. He ended with four go-routes and threw perfect passes about 50 yards down the field.

In all, he had just one poor throw with a couple of drops. It was a performance that left Steelers coach Mike Tomlin asking, "Who is this guy?" He really opened some eyes.


You might not have been impressed by a few clips on youtube. But for guys like Mike Tomlin that saw every throw live, they were extremely impressed.

This is one of the main reasons Dobbs is now projected by the likes of Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr. to be a 2nd round pick. So if the Browns want Dobbs they will have to spend the #52 overall pick or if his buzz continues to grow maybe even the #33 overall pick.

One thing people need to realize now is that Josh Dobbs is NOT making it out of the 2nd round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MWil23


Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 6295
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see VanS finding his way into our forum on his Josh Dobbs apologist tour.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15136
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
Good to see VanS finding his way into our forum on his Josh Dobbs apologist tour.


Lol, right.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40665
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, if Dobbs is drafted by the right coach, I think he could be Dak 2.0 minus the immediate impact he had. Dak just fell into the perfect situation. Surrounding by a buttload of vet talent and having a #4 overall RB to take all the lime light off of him and make his job easier.

I would hate to see him go to the Steelers and he is able to sit behind Big Ben until he retires.

I am almost turning to the point that I would rather trade up back into the late 2nd or early 3rd to draft him instead of any of the potential 1st rd QBs
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VanS


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
Good to see VanS finding his way into our forum on his Josh Dobbs apologist tour.


I wouldn't call stating facts to be an apologist tour.

And for the record, I'm not the only one. https://twitter.com/MikeAndMike/status/854662395410731009

Dobbs stock is soaring right now in NFL circles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MWil23


Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 6295
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Good to see VanS finding his way into our forum on his Josh Dobbs apologist tour.


I wouldn't call stating facts to be an apologist tour.

And for the record, I'm not the only one. https://twitter.com/MikeAndMike/status/854662395410731009

Dobbs stock is soaring right now in NFL circles.


LOL. FACTS. Yes because college stats and numbers show direct correlation to NFL success. Someone call Tim Tebow and Vince Young stat. They're future Hall of famers. I've seen your blind love for Dobbs countless times here and how high you've projected and ranked him as a prospect. It's hilarious.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4455
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
VanS wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Good to see VanS finding his way into our forum on his Josh Dobbs apologist tour.


I wouldn't call stating facts to be an apologist tour.

And for the record, I'm not the only one. https://twitter.com/MikeAndMike/status/854662395410731009

Dobbs stock is soaring right now in NFL circles.


LOL. FACTS. Yes because college stats and numbers show direct correlation to NFL success. Someone call Tim Tebow and Vince Young stat. They're future Hall of famers. I've seen your blind love for Dobbs countless times here and how high you've projected and ranked him as a prospect. It's hilarious.


To be fair, the stats he posted are for sure facts. You just don't like the conclusions he came to about the stats.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Epochalypse


Joined: 20 Mar 2017
Posts: 37
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
So if we want a guy like Hooker or Adams to drop to 12, who are the guys who leap up that cause the fall?


I'd say the most likely way the safeties fall is if the QBs all go early. That's about the only scenario I see getting either of those 2 down to 12.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 58754
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
VanS wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Good to see VanS finding his way into our forum on his Josh Dobbs apologist tour.


I wouldn't call stating facts to be an apologist tour.

And for the record, I'm not the only one. https://twitter.com/MikeAndMike/status/854662395410731009

Dobbs stock is soaring right now in NFL circles.


LOL. FACTS. Yes because college stats and numbers show direct correlation to NFL success. Someone call Tim Tebow and Vince Young stat. They're future Hall of famers. I've seen your blind love for Dobbs countless times here and how high you've projected and ranked him as a prospect. It's hilarious.


To be fair, the stats he posted are for sure facts. You just don't like the conclusions he came to about the stats.


Exactly, for example this:

Quote:
Eye-catching deep pass accuracy (47.7 completion percentage) with 14 touchdowns on throws 21-plus yards.


That's not a made up stat. Maybe he disagrees with the filler words, but this shows he can throw the deep ball.
_________________

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 83 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group