Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills sign DB's Hyde and Poyer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Bills sign DB's Hyde and Poyer Reply with quote

WOW.

Quote:
Mike Garafolo‏Verified account
@MikeGarafolo

Follow
More
Bills signed the versatile Micah Hyde away from the Packers. Good player.

Quote:
Matthew Fairburn‏
@MatthewFairburn

Follow
More
Bills signed safeties Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad pick up and the cost is fairly decent 5 years 30 mil only 14 guaranteed.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much needed depth signings
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Not so much because of skill but because age. Signing former great washed up players is what hurts teams. We just signed two young safeties about to enter their prime and one of them was a captaim so its always great to add leadership to a room
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the Packer fans are saying we really over paid for Hyde. Hard to get decent free agents to come to Buffalo unless we overpay. How do you guys think he will fit in Frazier's defense?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billsfaninptown wrote:
Most of the Packer fans are saying we really over paid for Hyde. Hard to get decent free agents to come to Buffalo unless we overpay. How do you guys think he will fit in Frazier's defense?
Also, this free agency period is insane. No one knows what overpaying and value are anymore.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Polaris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: A Packer Fan For 50 years Reply with quote

Let me tell you about Micah Hyde.

1) This guy is 26, a four year vet, and he doesn't miss games or practices. He's durable. He's available. He lines up for you.

2) He does a lot of stuff. He's a DB, he plays the run well, he's a reliable return guy who doesn't fumble.

3) He's not a speed demon. A good OC will look to mismatch him with a guy like Antonio Brown or Julio Jones, but hey, these guys are mismatches for everyone.

4) He is a smart, tough, defender who gets people on the ground. He won't blow his assignment. He studies the film. Quick minds are always quicker than quick feet.

5) As regards overpaying, by definition the team that signs a free agent thinks he's worth more than the other 31 teams. i.e., overpaying. But Hyde was near the top of the team last year in snaps, tackles, and turnover plays.....in addition to his special teams prowess and his general availability. I thought it might take as much as $7 million/year to sign him and most Packer fans didn't want to spend half that because he's not an "elite" starter, whatever the hell that means. He's a player. A good player, and if he's the weak point in your defense then you've got a pretty good defense.

6) I think that astute Bills fans are going to be happy with Hyde. The people who equate worth with ESPN highlight appearances will not.
billzz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyde and Peppers in the 2nd would be a dream come true.
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
billzz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A Packer Fan For 50 years Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:

1) This guy is 26, a four year vet, and he doesn't miss games or practices. He's durable. He's available. He lines up for you.

2) He does a lot of stuff. He's a DB, he plays the run well, he's a reliable return guy who doesn't fumble.

3) He's not a speed demon. A good OC will look to mismatch him with a guy like Antonio Brown or Julio Jones, but hey, these guys are mismatches for everyone.

4) He is a smart, tough, defender who gets people on the ground. He won't blow his assignment. He studies the film. Quick minds are always quicker than quick feet.

5) As regards overpaying, by definition the team that signs a free agent thinks he's worth more than the other 31 teams. i.e., overpaying. But Hyde was near the top of the team last year in snaps, tackles, and turnover plays.....in addition to his special teams prowess and his general availability. I thought it might take as much as $7 million/year to sign him and most Packer fans didn't want to spend half that because he's not an "elite" starter, whatever the hell that means. He's a player. A good player, and if he's the weak point in your defense then you've got a pretty good defense.

6) I think that astute Bills fans are going to be happy with Hyde. The people who equate worth with ESPN highlight appearances will not.

ty. for this info brotha.
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: A Packer Fan For 50 years Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
Polaris wrote:

ty. for this info brotha.

+1

Best parts of that post, won't blow assignments and doesn't miss games/practices. I'm happy.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually watched a lot of Packer football last year. Hyde made a real impression on me. But I had no idea he was even available. This is so good.

But I know nothing about Poyer except that he has a hot girlfriend. (Don't really care about that, as most of the time when a football player has a famous wife/gf, it's more of a distraction then it's worth)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: