Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign G Chance Warmack to a 1 year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asante Samuel wrote:
So did we bring back Barbre or naw?

He's under contract.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero
Chance Warmack's deal with #Eagles is 1 year, $1.51 million. $500K to sign. Can earn another $1.25M in incentives. Howie bargain shopping.

I can dig this now that I know the #s.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Asante Samuel wrote:

He's under contract.

Report is Barbre is staying for 2017. My guess is he and Warmack compete at LG. Kelce gets traded or cut and Semualo starts at C

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Asante Samuel wrote:

He's under contract.

Report is Barbre is staying for 2017. My guess is he and Warmack compete at LG. Kelce gets traded or cut and Semualo starts at C

I don't see him competing for LG.

Barbre was rated as the 12th overall guard by the NFL1000 project that BleacherReport did.

Kevin Zeitler who got the biggest contract for a guard in NFL history today was ranked 21st overall.

Barbre is the starter until proven otherwise. He is turning 33 years old, so he could fall off. You never know.

I think Warmack was brought in to be depth like Wiz last year, but with the potential to become a starter. The Eagles are probably hoping that his old OL coach Jeff Stoutland can coach him up to be more consistent and then sign him to a long term deal to replace Barbre.
Asante Samuel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's highly likely then semaulo will start at center and Kelce will be sacrificed for alshon
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

That makes sense too.... Laughing

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asante Samuel wrote:
So it's highly likely then semaulo will start at center and Kelce will be sacrificed for alshon

I liked Seumalo as a prospect and think he can be a really nice at center, so I would be cool with it.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no doubt Stoutland had a heavy say in signing Warmack. There's no question. I'm guessing Stoutland has watched his film and is still willing to try to work it. I don't think the Eagles are just throwing crap at the wall, there's got to be some optimism there and I'm OK with a low risk move with some chance of reward.

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it for what it's worth but the Eagles have usually made their team cuts prior to FA to give those players a chance to find jobs during the FA period. This isn't always the case, but it has been the norm, especially for players they respect. I remember Howie specifically talking about making cuts prior to FA to allow for this.

If they were going to cut someone like Kelce it would have been done already. This means they're headed into the year with him as the slated starter or will allow him to compete then, if necessary, cut him if he loses the job, or is traded, whatever.

But for those holding their breath that Kelce is cut to make room for more FAs, I somehow doubt that. I think the Eagles respect him too much to not give him the full FA period to find a job.

As always, I reserve the right to be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Take it for what it's worth but the Eagles have usually made their team cuts prior to FA to give those players a chance to find jobs during the FA period. This isn't always the case, but it has been the norm, especially for players they respect. I remember Howie specifically talking about making cuts prior to FA to allow for this.

If they were going to cut someone like Kelce it would have been done already. This means they're headed into the year with him as the slated starter or will allow him to compete then, if necessary, cut him if he loses the job, or is traded, whatever.

But for those holding their breath that Kelce is cut to make room for more FAs, I somehow doubt that. I think the Eagles respect him too much to not give him the full FA period to find a job.

Aren't the Eagles over the cap with these signings? I would think they need to cut players or they be over the cap and won't have money for the draft picks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Aren't the Eagles over the cap with these signings? I would think they need to cut players or they be over the cap and won't have money for the draft picks.

Yeah we're 6-7 mil over the cap now. I'm not sure how Howie's going to handle this but I'm sure he has a plan. I think Ryan Matthews is the easiest cut to make.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Eagles need 5 million dollars to be at the cap I believe.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's still a market for players like Barbre, Kelce and Mathews to be traded. Not for great compensation but for salary purposes. That's why I don't think any of the 3 have been cut.

Yet!!

2017 Bird Watch: WR Jordan Matthews: Gm/ Tgt // Rec// Yds// TD// Y/R
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
There's still a market for players like Barbre, Kelce and Mathews to be traded. Not for great compensation but for salary purposes. That's why I don't think any of the 3 have been cut.

Yet!!

Mathews is hurt so he can't be cut until he is better.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Yeah we're 6-7 mil over the cap now. I'm not sure how Howie's going to handle this but I'm sure he has a plan. I think Ryan Matthews is the easiest cut to make.

Ryan Matthews gets you 4 of the 6-7 Mil that we're over the cap. I kind of feel like the writing is on the wall for Kelce because not only do we need to find another couple mil but we also need to make room to sign our draft picks.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: