Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants sign TE/FB Rhett Ellison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Giants sign TE/FB Rhett Ellison Reply with quote

4 years, 18M with 8M guaranteed. That's big money. Not a fan.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes a great blocker, fulfills a need. Its free agency bro, overpaying happens
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fills a blocking TE role and a the FB role. I like the signing, and I will like it more once the contract details come out and verify what I think- that a lot of the money in this contract is fake, 4th year money that he will never see.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Fills a blocking TE role and a the FB role. I like the signing, and I will like it more once the contract details come out and verify what I think- that a lot of the money in this contract is fake, 4th year money that he will never see.

he will help our running game dramatically, if we ever get a running back
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke with a buddywho's a Viking fan and he says this guy is really good at blocked..."Like really really good" so this makes sense. I hope we keep Will Johnson since cutting him over save 1.05 mil in cap space. Let Johnson be the FB and bring Ellison in as our blocking TE in bunch packages. With Flowers, Pugh, Richburg, Ellison and Johnson in the game we should be pretty successful running the ball to the left. This offense NEEDS a receiving TE badly.

I'm gonna keep telling you guys the same thing until end of April...Hassan Reddick in the first, Gerald Everett in the second.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it gets the running game going then money well spent IMHO. Does he have any hands? We know how Eli loves throwing to FB's Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason I didn't like the signing was I felt it was a cop out way to address the OL. Then the OL contract numbers started to post. Not a chance we should spend $13M/year on Okung
TENINCH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a great teammate and locker room guy. I remember hearing about him crying after he was drafted because he didn't think he was going to be drafted.

Outstanding blocker. Decent hands. Can play special teams too.

Quote:
He was not expecting to be drafted, and as such was on a river excursion and not watching the draft when the Vikings called him to let him know he was about to be selected; the surprise was such that he cried in joy

Smoking hot wife. She was in the Maroon 5 video Sugar pretending to be a surprised bride.

minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw her on America's Next Top Model years ago when my mom and sister used to watch it. I had a huge crush on her. She's beautiful.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
He's a great teammate and locker room guy. I remember hearing about him crying after he was drafted because he didn't think he was going to be drafted.

Outstanding blocker. Decent hands. Can play special teams too.

Quote:
He was not expecting to be drafted, and as such was on a river excursion and not watching the draft when the Vikings called him to let him know he was about to be selected; the surprise was such that he cried in joy

Smoking hot wife. She was in the Maroon 5 video Sugar pretending to be a surprised bride.

good god in heaven Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

What will help the running game is if we directly fixed the offensive line instead of finding way to just assist it with other positions.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

What will help the running game is if we directly fixed the offensive line instead of finding way to just assist it with other positions.

Our OL is actually pretty good in the run game. Flowers may whiff on nearly every pass rush but he's solid in run game
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Go_Giants wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

Our OL is actually pretty good in the run game. Flowers may whiff on nearly every pass rush but he's solid in run game

The Giants line was not pretty good in the run game. The left side was okay when Pugh was healthy, the right side was horrible.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
Go_Giants wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

The Giants line was not pretty good in the run game. The left side was okay when Pugh was healthy, the right side was horrible.

Same thought just worded mine poorly. Regardless, the cowboys OL would suck in run blocking with Jennings taking 5 minutes to hit a hole.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still wish we would have kept will johnson…could have been out full back, h back and then Ellison would be our te

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: