You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles signing Alshon Jeffery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeJack_10 wrote:
What about Vinny Curry? Trading Barwin opens up a lot of playing time for him and I can't imagine him staying past next season if he doesn't live up to his contract.

Oh no doubt he'd be on the chopping block. However like with T-Rex after he took over for Trent Cole "full time", I think the same might happen for Vinny post Barwin. If it doesn't click and he doesn't step up in 2017, he too becomes expendable without question.

2017 Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: Att// Comp // Yds// TD// INT// Rush/
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
RecentFuture wrote:
I keep reading about the large sum of cap space that will be cleared up for us next year, can anyone enlighten me in this regard?

Cutting Barwin just opened up 10 + mill in 2018
Peters is due over 12 in 2018. He could be gone then
Daniel's 8 mill is able to be cut next year.
If Kendricks and/or Kielce are traded that comes with big 2018 savings too
Should mean we're able to re-sign Alshon, right? I want to know the long term prospects of retaining him.

If he plays we'll, worst case scenario, they franchise him. You gotta look at this as a 1 year deal with a 2nd year team option.
Also I feel like Howie is always a couple steps ahead of the game. He likely already has a long term plan/deal in mind for Alshon if he plays well, average or poorly.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight from Alshon:
Quote:
Iím excited to play with Carson Wentz, too. I thought Carson was legit the first time I saw him play, when the Eagles came to Soldier Field in Week 2 last season. I remember being on the sideline waiting to get back onto the field, and watching him make plays. I didnít really think much of it at the time because it was his only second game, and I was thinking about what we needed to do as an offense to get into the end zone.

But I remember thinking for a quick second, Man, this kid can do some things.

As the season went on and he kept playing better, I thought that someday he was gonna be a legit MVP contender. I think he has that kind of talent.

I actually told him that the other day. He and I were texting back and forth after the news broke that I was coming to Philly. I told him that I felt like he was good enough to win an MVP someday, and that it was going to be my job to help him win it.

He straight up said he didnít care about being MVP.

He wanted to win a championship.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora
Alshon Jeffrey got $7.75m to sign with a $1M base salary. Deal is just $9.5M. Can earn $4.5M in incentives (td, playoff Ws, all pro,etc)

HOWIE!!!
magross

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Quote:
Alshon Jeffrey got $7.75m to sign with a $1M base salary. Deal is just $9.5M. Can earn $4.5M in incentives (td, playoff Ws, all pro,etc)

HOWIE!!!

That mean his cap hit is only 1 million???
jonu62882

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Quote:

HOWIE!!!

That looks much better. I thought they initially reported that all 14 mil was guaranteed?!
eagles18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howie!!!!
eagles18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Reported as a $14 million pact, the deal is really for $9.5 million with the $4.5 million in incentives, which involve anything from playing time to team wins. It is a shockingly poor deal for a player who was considered the best receiver on the market, although it now appears clear NFL teams did not feel the same way. The good news is Jeffery should be motivated to stay in shape and healthy so he can take another run at free agency next spring.

TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Quote:

HOWIE!!!

Cap hit is 9.5

1 million (base) + 7.75 million (signing bonus) + 750k (workout bonus) = 9.5 million
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means they are tight against the cap but not over. You're a goddamned genius Howie!

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
DeJack_10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic Howie Roseman. Alshon really wanted to be an Eagle. When we played them week 2, he was all smiles with Agholor and appeared to be joking about him being number 17 with us... then Duce came and they were real cool too. I remember talking about it in the game thread worth another poster lol
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
magross wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Quote:

HOWIE!!!

Cap hit is 9.5

1 million (base) + 7.75 million (signing bonus) + 750k (workout bonus) = 9.5 million

What a coup, the only explanation is that Alshon REALLY wanted to be here (not exactly sure why). On the second thought I guess it's possible his market was not what people thought it would, but I highly doubt that honestly. Guys like him have easily been getting 5 year/$60M contracts, at least, for awhile now. Whatever, I am pumped.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
magross wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Quote:

HOWIE!!!

Cap hit is 9.5

What a coup, the only explanation is that Alshon REALLY wanted to be here (not exactly sure why). On the second thought I guess it's possible his market was not what people thought it would, but I highly doubt that honestly. Guys like him have easily been getting 5 year/$60M contracts, at least, for awhile now. Whatever, I am pumped.

Apparently he really likes Carson, plus after he balls out this years hes getting a MONSTER contract next free agency. Its pretty smart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
magross wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Quote:

HOWIE!!!

Cap hit is 9.5

Allbright said before Pryor or Jeffery signed that they overestimated their market value.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I'd pull this out since it was appropriate. Unbelievable contract!!

2017 Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: Att// Comp // Yds// TD// INT// Rush/

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: