Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets re-sign OT Ben Ijalana
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10867
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Jets re-sign OT Ben Ijalana Reply with quote

2 years, $11 million.

Needed to happen. I am completely fine with giving him another shot at LT. If we draft one, he can compete at both spots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 10719
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is our starting Lt it wont matter whose at QB. He was not good at all.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
doumeyer


Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 2160
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Jets re-sign OT Ben Ijalana Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
2 years, $11 million.

Needed to happen. I am completely fine with giving him another shot at LT. If we draft one, he can compete at both spots.


The guy is no more than a back up O lineman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K-Ro 25


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 568
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Dude is trash. 11 million!? I'm starting to hate this front office.
_________________
Hooker @ 6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 4141
Location: 1 step ahead
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect backup OT at both LT and RT. Hopefully we find a better LT though and he doesn't have to start.
_________________

Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.O


Joined: 11 Jan 2014
Posts: 3870
Location: Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop gap LT/RT insurance
_________________

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jets913


Joined: 29 Apr 2011
Posts: 602
Location: Long Island, NY
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 million seems like a little bit too much for him...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10694
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of money for average backup tackle
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 4141
Location: 1 step ahead
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
Wow. Dude is trash. 11 million!? I'm starting to hate this front office.


Max 11M. Probably some playing time expectations or something he needs to meet to get that much.
_________________

Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianconero


Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Posts: 5478
Location: Polo Lounge
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kyu


Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Posts: 390
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the first year is guaranteed.

It seems like we're going to sit out in FA, which kind of sucks, but I understand the logic. We still have to hit the cap floor though, why not reward one of our own and reevaluate at the end of the year? There's not much better out there.
_________________
J.e.t.s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10867
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Wow. Dude is trash. 11 million!? I'm starting to hate this front office.


Max 11M. Probably some playing time expectations or something he needs to meet to get that much.


Correct. And only first year is guaranteed.

As far as him being "horrible" - go look at how Alejandro Villanueva played when Beachum went down vs. this year. I expect Ijalana to improve in this system as well being that it will be more run focused.

Ideally we draft a tackle somewhere in the draft, but after seeing the Kalil and Whitworth contracts I am completely fine with Ijalana. Maybe bring in Joeckel or another lower-tier FA, but I think he's a capable "bridge" starter if need be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K-Ro 25


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 568
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
K-Ro 25 wrote:
Wow. Dude is trash. 11 million!? I'm starting to hate this front office.


Max 11M. Probably some playing time expectations or something he needs to meet to get that much.


Correct. And only first year is guaranteed.

As far as him being "horrible" - go look at how Alejandro Villanueva played when Beachum went down vs. this year. I expect Ijalana to improve in this system as well being that it will be more run focused.

Ideally we draft a tackle somewhere in the draft, but after seeing the Kalil and Whitworth contracts I am completely fine with Ijalana. Maybe bring in Joeckel or another lower-tier FA, but I think he's a capable "bridge" starter if need be.


Yeah, um, even if he gets 4-5 million, that's an overpay. Shell is the better player and will likely start at RT. Signing an average backup Tackle to that money isn't smart when this team has holes all over. And there's no way we let him start at LT next year.
_________________
Hooker @ 6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GangGreen420


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 4112
Location: FL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust the process

Seriously though he's not very good. Room to get better but he should absolutely not be starting at LT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D.Revis24


Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 4303
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets probably think hes gonna be their starting LT.

After we finish 2-14 next season Maccagnan and Bowles are gonna be out of jobs.
_________________


Props to El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group