Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Sign S Cyprien
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He played like a top ten safety, I'm not sure why anyone would have expected him not to get starter money....
I feel like you're giving PFF way too much credit. Especially since their ranking system strongly favors a competent in the box safety.

I've yet to see a single person that watched every Jags game come close to talking him up like that.

Quote:
Cian Fahey‏Verified account @Cianaf 6h6 hours ago
More
Cian Fahey Retweeted Jarius Bobaggins
1. I can't imagine anyone rational expected Ryan to get 12-13.
2. Cyprien is a flat-out bad football player. He's a 2/3 per year type of guy

From someone who literally just watched every passing play in the NFL over the last couple months.

Props to mike23md on the sig
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
He played like a top ten safety, I'm not sure why anyone would have expected him not to get starter money....
I feel like you're giving PFF way too much credit. Especially since their ranking system strongly favors a competent in the box safety.

I've yet to see a single person that watched every Jags game come close to talking him up like that.

Quote:
More

From someone who literally just watched every passing play in the NFL over the last couple months.

Cian Fahey also thinks Colin Kaepernick is a good starting NFL quarterback, so I question his ability to judge who is good and who is bad.

#MTGA
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
More

Cian hates everything about our team except Marcus Mariota.
He thinks everyone on our teams is worthless majority of the time, again except Mariota.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
More

Cian Fahey also thinks Colin Kaepernick is a good starting NFL quarterback, so I question his ability to judge who is good and who is bad.

He thought Vernon Adams, the QB from Oregon was elite this time last year.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
More

He think Kap can be a competent NFL QB. Which I'm still not sure he can't be. He's certainly shown more than guys like Glennon or Osweiler.

But beyond that, I've seen a lot more people that actually follow the Jaguars refer to him as an average or below average football player than I've seen actively praising his play. I certainly haven't seen anyone other than PFF claim that he played like a top ten safety.

titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only hope is that this ends up like Sen'Derrick Marks. We all laughed at the Jaguars when they signed him and he inexplicably turned into a good football player. Maybe this is our chance to even things out. Laughing

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
More

He think Kap can be a competent NFL QB. Which I'm still not sure he can't be. He's certainly shown more than guys like Glennon or Osweiler.

But beyond that, I've seen a lot more people that actually follow the Jaguars refer to him as an average or below average football player than I've seen actively praising his play. I certainly haven't seen anyone other than PFF claim that he played like a top ten safety.

Well he's not a top 10 safety. He's the (arguably) best in the box safety(or was last year) which inflates his grade, which is one of the issue of going off a grade for a football player.

#MTGA
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
More

Jags fans are saying that he's a good box safety and bad in pass coverage. Which is what we all think.

0021 I love you like a brother but what the heck is the big deal about this signing? I get not liking it, but it's not like we gave anything up for him or broke the bank. If we gave Stafford a similar deal and said "he's starting," would it be a major issue?

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'm wrong. If he's used primarily in the Spence role, great. But, as rage mentioned elsewhere, Stafford played over 600 snaps last season. If we're giving him that same role, we're not helping our pass defense in any way.

I don't think the guy is a terrible football player, I just don't think the traditional in-the-box strong safety is an every-down player in today's NFL. And we're paying him that way and he'll likely see those kinds of snaps. Which sure, may benefit our run defense, but it will come at the continued expense of the part of the game we were already one of the worst in the league at.

deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I hope I'm wrong. If he's used primarily in the Spence role, great. But, as rage mentioned elsewhere, Stafford played over 600 snaps last season. If we're giving him that same role, we're not helping our pass defense in any way.

I don't think the guy is a terrible football player, I just don't think the traditional in-the-box strong safety is an every-down player in today's NFL. And we're paying him that way and he'll likely see those kinds of snaps. Which sure, may benefit our run defense, but it will come at the continued expense of the part of the game we were already one of the worst in the league at.

We added Ryan and, not that this really matters, but Raider fans are saying that Trawick shows SOMETHING out there as a safety. Safe to assume we're going to address corner early in the draft, maybe even safety.

That would mean in the offseason we added Logan Ryan (legit #2 corner in the NFL), Cyprian (good box safety), 1 or 2 early round young DBs and a ST ace that can fill-in in a pinch.

What do you expect us to do in one offseason? How is that not addressing the pass D?

titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
0021 I love you like a brother but what the heck is the big deal about this signing? I get not liking it, but it's not like we gave anything up for him or broke the bank. If we gave Stafford a similar deal and said "he's starting," would it be a major issue?

Honestly, I think it's coming across as more hate than it actually is. It just seems like everyone else is so accepting of a guy that is an upgrade over Stafford in the area of the game where upgrading really wasn't all that important. Just not a fan of a pure, traditional strong safety given the shape of our secondary and coverage abilities of our inside backers. I feel like I need to be the voice of the dissenters at this point. Laughing

And yeah, for sure. Because Stafford is just a worse Cyprien.

I liked the idea of using Byard as a "strong safety" and bringing in a free safety in the draft or FA (though I put that in quotes because again, I don't necessarily think the typical safety designations necessarily need to exist anymore), he showed that he was capable last year and we wouldn't have been sacrificing the pass defense with him in that spot.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see this is a crazy signing.

It's part of a picture. Now again, if we signed him to Eric Berry money and said this defense is going to be built around you and your skills, yeah. Worry is needed.

But if we are talking about him being a role player and someone to add to our run defense and be a piece to this defense, what is the issue?

Hey.... Madden has him rated as like a 86 player. So YOU KNOW he is awesome! Smile
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Byard is a FREE SAFETY that can play the run because he's that well-rounded

But that kid is a free safety

titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Kevin Byard is a FREE SAFETY that can play the run because he's that well-rounded

He played in the box and played well in the box last year. That's all I need from a strong safety. I'm not saying I want him playing the run and acting as a dime backer, but I'd rather utilize him as a guy that can step into the box and make plays on running downs rather than specifically start a safety that's only value comes against the run.

deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

He played in the box and played well in the box last year. That's all I need from a strong safety. I'm not saying I want him playing the run and acting as a dime backer, but I'd rather utilize him as a guy that can step into the box and make plays on running downs rather than specifically start a safety that's only value comes against the run.

He played well in the box because he's a complete football player

But he will be most beneficial to our team as a FS ball-hawkinnnnn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: