Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Sign S Cyprien
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
Quote:
Peter Reitz‏ @peterlreitz 2h2 hours ago
Cyprien lined up as a linebacker on 67.3% of his run defense snaps #Titans

Peter Reitz @peterlreitz
Johnathan Cyprien lined up as a linebacker on 48.9% of his defensive snaps in 2016, per @PFF #Titans

This is what I've been saying/looking for. I honestly believe Cyprien will be looked at as a LB... and even if his official position to start with is "SS", he'll be playing ILB for intents and purposes.

I would hope and expect both those %'s to go up, as close to 100% as possible.

If this is the plan, the contract makes great sense... essentially a 1-year contract with 3 team options. If he takes to the move to LB, then it presents great value... if not, you cut him.

While Cyprien may never be the greatest coverage guy, he would probably be considered a good coverage LB... focusing on short zones in the pass game (although his main draw would still be in the run game).

That's domino #1 in my offseason plan... domino #2, aka McCourty moving to FS... is next, watch... add a CB and suddenly our pass D doesn't look bad...

Wishful thinking, I would get in the Malcolm Butler sweepstakes. I would give up #18 to the Pats. Trade back from #5 and pick up a 2nd. Adding the 2 starting CBs from a Super Bowl winner in one offseason. Cool

I feel similarly about Butler that I did about Cooks. It's too much, giving up a valuable pick and a big contract. If they settled for 2nd round value, I'd look into it.. something like our 3rd this year and next year (they'll be getting a 3rd max in 2019 if he leaves as a FA next year).

There's still a few in FA that I'd take a look at to start... Claiborne, Shields, etc... and some stop gaps like Carr, etc...
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still feel that safety will be addressed in this upcoming draft. The Cyprien signing to me means that he'll play in the base defense as an in the box safety. In nickel, he becomes the nickel LB leaving Byard as one of the safeties and an open spot at the other safety position. Surely, we shouldn't be relying on Trawick to fill that role considering we ran a good amount of 3 safety looks last season. Wouldn't rule out Adams or Hooker at all at 5.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hooker, though we signed a safety think about how may times you saw us play 3 safeties like NE. Hooker in my opinion is a once & a lifetime safety that can flat out cover so much ground. Okay we know it's a passing league & by us signing cyperin I think he's more like a LB in our dime package however he's responsible to play more near the line of scrimmage & cause havoc the middle of the field. Byard & hooker 2 deep look 👀 o
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
I think hooker, though we signed a safety think about how may times you saw us play 3 safeties like NE. Hooker in my opinion is a once & a lifetime safety that can flat out cover so much ground. Okay we know it's a passing league & by us signing cyperin I think he's more like a LB in our dime package however he's responsible to play more near the line of scrimmage & cause havoc the middle of the field. Byard & hooker 2 deep look 👀 o

I kind of agree that Hooker could be more possible than Adams now. Just due to that fact that his specialty is more ball hawking and covering ground. Byard is no slouch close to the line either and is well rounded, but with Cyprien basically used as a LB Hooker makes sense.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mularkey mentioned today Cyprien can be a nickel LB.

#MTGA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: