You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Outside the Box prospect you like - any round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLambert58

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avery Moss, the other side of the bookend EDGE duo at Youngstown. He had 42 tackles, 12.5 TFL, 10 sacks and 4 FFs. Compares very favorably to Tarell Basham in measurables:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/avery-moss

Can't seem to find any decent tape on him but looks like he could be a late round steal as a double-dip on OLB.

Fairly good rating on NFL.com too:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/avery-moss?id=2558031

Found this: http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/03/01/college-highlights-avery-moss-de-youngstown-state

This guy seems WAY under the radar. Anyone know anything more about him?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A prospect that I would like either 3B or 4 is Miami's Rayshawn Jenkins. He is 6'1 215 and has range and will slobber knock you as well. I don't hear many talking about him as this is a deep year at safety, but I believe that he can be a value. Last year I was on the Sean Davis bandwagon and this year I am jumping on Rayshawn Jenkins bandwagon.

He is not a finished product, but a player who can develop to be a better pro than he was in college with the right coaching and scheme. Depending on how the draft falls, I would love to see him in Black N Gold.

Two fairly obvious choices are Pitts RB James Conner and DE Ejuan Price.

These two players would be excellent draft values in round five and six. They do not have sexy Combine numbers, but are players who have performed and again, have potential to be solid NFL players with the right coaching and scheme.

I like Conner because he is a different back than Bell. He is big, strong, and has a nose for the end zone. He can also catch the ball. While isn't going to run past many defenders, he will elude them or even bowl a few over. I still beleive that he is faster and quicker than he tested and in a year or two someone will have an excellent NFL back. He would fit the Steelers well as insurance to Bell and a nice change of pace back as well.

Ejuan Price is another player who I would like to see in Black N Gold. He won't give immediate bang for buck, but like a James Harrison, I could see him being an eventual starter and star. He doesn't have ideal height, speed, arms length and all of the other numbers, but he is a football player. Last year I liked Tyler Matakevich to become another Jerry Olsavsky for us and I hope we can get Price to be another Debo like contributor.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake Jarwin, TE Oklahoma St. 6'5 248

Nice combination of bully blocker and smooth, fast route runner. He is raw and needs to be coached up but he could be a late round steal.

Not a highlight reel, but shows his raw talent. Check him out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DmBegtrRO8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: