Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears release QB Jay Cutler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Bears release QB Jay Cutler Reply with quote

Rich Campbell:
Quote:
Bears releasing QB Jay Cutler today, as expected. Attempts to trade him were unsuccessful, obviously. Eight seasons, one playoff win.

Kyle Long:
Quote:
Was fun while it lasted amigo, I'd give my leg for this dude.... but I'm excited to see what happens next

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart

Last edited by CBears019 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never as good as his supporters said he could be, and never as bad as his detractors insisted he was.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodnight sweet prince
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you. Crying or Very sad
2016 Adopt-a-Bear: WR #13 Kevin White
Receptions: 19 || Yards: 187 || TDs: 0
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember how exciting it was 8 years ago when he first arrived and then it never turned out right. What a disappointment.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
I remember how exciting it was 8 years ago when he first arrived and then it never turned out right. What a disappointment.

I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. Too bad things didn't go better than they did. Pretty tumultuous era overall.

AZBearsFan wrote:

CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears statement on releasing jay: https://twitter.com/chicagobears/status/839966121096851456

AZBearsFan wrote:

Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler got a rough deal here...at times didn't help himself but we could have done much better by him early in his time here...hopefully we learn with Glennon and the rookie.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Cutler got a rough deal here...at times didn't help himself but we could have done much better by him early in his time here...hopefully we learn with Glennon and the rookie.

Well

We let our best WR go, failed to upgrade at OT and probably have a new OC in 2018, so it does not seem like we did.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Well

We let our best WR go, failed to upgrade at OT and probably have a new OC in 2018, so it does not seem like we did.

Letting go of Jeffery was a clear mistake...no doubting that...the OTs aren't a dire need...sure they both could be upgraded but still not a death trap...if we have a new OC in 2018 there is a strong possibility we have a new HC and a new rookie QB.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was Grossman like. Loved to go deep, went from great game to god awful game. There were a lot of issues. 3 GMs, 3 head coaches, 5 OCs(correct me if I'm wrong on that) No OC was here more than 2 years. His help(o-line, weapons, etc) were minimal. Angelo did little to help him. Emery was always in win now mode. Pace seems like he's realizing now we need to rebuild. Cutler on the other hand, seems like he thought he was better than what he actually was. I felt like Cutler thought he was Brees, Brady, Manning, when he obviously wasnt. He could have been a quality player if he took a step back and not acted like he could make every throw. All I know is he's interested in the Jets. He'd be an upgrade over Fitz, Geno, and whoever else they had.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler was a guy the Bears could win with, not because of. I feel like that was lost on the city at times.

We saw what he could do with a good supporting cast around him, and especially with a stellar coordinator in Adam Gase. Like a vast majority of NFL QBs, he couldn't carry a team solo.

Cutler's legacy will be one of disappointment and failed expectations. While some of that is accurate, and despite a good portion of it falling squarely on himself, it's also the result of coaching follies, lack of offensive directions, and a failure of the fanbase to snap out of the "we're just a QB away" trance in the aftermath of Super Bowl XLI.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: