You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears agree to terms with QB Mike Glennon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Bucs GM and current ESPN NFL Insider Mark Dominik believes Mike Glennon can be "Joe Flacco-esque or better."

A quarterback can be better than elite? "I believe Glennon is one of those quarterbacks like a Joe Flacco," Dominik said. "There will be moments when he can play really well, and sometimes maybe itís an 8-8 season." Dominik, who spent a third-round pick on Glennon in 2013, also praised the quarterback's leadership, work ethic, and arm strength. After signing him to low-end starter money, the Bears would be ecstatic if Glennon developed into a Flacco-caliber starter.

G08

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Former Bucs GM and current ESPN NFL Insider Mark Dominik believes Mike Glennon can be "Joe Flacco-esque or better."

A quarterback can be better than elite? "I believe Glennon is one of those quarterbacks like a Joe Flacco," Dominik said. "There will be moments when he can play really well, and sometimes maybe itís an 8-8 season." Dominik, who spent a third-round pick on Glennon in 2013, also praised the quarterback's leadership, work ethic, and arm strength. After signing him to low-end starter money, the Bears would be ecstatic if Glennon developed into a Flacco-caliber starter.

So give him a top 10 defense and he's good, if he doesn't have that he sucks.

Why did we 86 Cutler again?

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
gah112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

Isn't this is true for every QB in the league other than Brady and Rodgers? Even talented guys like Rivers, Luck, and Brees have failed to consistently lift their teams to success.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Or, insert some big meathead rant about how Cutler's a bum who didn't care, ending it with something about how the Bears need to be more like the '85 team.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:
G08 wrote:

Isn't this is true for every QB in the league other than Brady and Rodgers? Even talented guys like Rivers, Luck, and Brees have failed to consistently lift their teams to success.

It's true for Rodgers, too. The Packers should have like six championships in the past ten years, but they've thoroughly failed to build a quality team around him, so they just resort to sending him out there to pull stupid backyard football antics that pull out wins sometimes.

Aaron Rodgers props up the house of cards that is the Green Bay Packers.
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
gah112 wrote:
G08 wrote:

It's true for Rodgers, too. The Packers should have like six championships in the past ten years, but they've thoroughly failed to build a quality team around him, so they just resort to sending him out there to pull stupid backyard football antics that pull out wins sometimes.

Aaron Rodgers props up the house of cards that is the Green Bay Packers.

I could not agree more. That team is a 6-7 win team without him. They have talent but it doesn't seem to work well together as a unit nor do they have any true elite players expect perhaps the tackles and mike daniels.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Old
Injured
Not an elite leader
Tons of baggage
Too many turnovers
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be in the minority but I think Glennon will put up average "Cutler" numbers, with perhaps a lower turnover rate.

Statistically speaking it isn't a very high bar to jump over.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I may be in the minority but I think Glennon will put up average "Cutler" numbers, with perhaps a lower turnover rate.

I kindly ask you to head over to profootballreference and look at where our bar has been located since the beginning of football.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Or, insert some big meathead rant about how Cutler's a bum who didn't care, ending it with something about how the Bears need to be more like the '85 team.

You said Jay sucks, and in a roundabout way compared Jay to Gabbert.

IronMike84 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Mahomes

Let me reiterate: he is to be referred to as Blaine Gabbert II.

I'll also except "The Guy Who Everybody is Doing Intense Mental Gymnastics to Think Is Good But Actually Sucks
."

But he can throw 80 yards off his back foot

80 yards, right into triple coverage!

Exactly Laughing. I dont get the love personally. So much work to be done and I dont think we're the team to take the time to fix him.

He's just SO Cutler tools wise, and we know how much that tool set drove Fox nuts. I'd be fine with him but I also liked Cutler more than anyone. In a city with extreme Cutler fatigue he just seems like such a bad fit time wise, which shouldn't matter but definitely does matter IMO.

Like I've said before, run him out there in Cutler's uniform and I wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Old
Injured
Not an elite leader
Tons of baggage
Too many turnovers

Fart
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elite leader is like dangerous tornado or boarding process.

More words to sound important.

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:

True.

Sure seemed like the locker room loved Jay when he was there though. Think that's what you want with an elite leader
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

True.

Sure seemed like the locker room loved Jay when he was there though. Think that's what you want with an elite leader

Jahns and Hoge talked about this on their podcast.

They said what we know at this point. Cutler is not a raw raw leader, he isn't giving speeches, he is a rock solid pro.

I think the best way they put it was that the locker room respects Jay, but doesn't love him. Obviously there are pockets of guys who love him. But it is not in his personality to be the guy everyone turns to.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I kindly ask you to head over to profootballreference and look at where our bar has been located since the beginning of football.

I am not talking a of a historical bad.

I think Glennon will put up Cutler type numbers 3800 yards, 22 TDs, 14 InTs.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: