Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cadmus Mock v1.0 (Update #1 DPs H/W/S + Highlights + Roster)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
Wouldn't you rather move Randall to Safety than Rollins?
His best trait is as a poor mans Earl Thomas type centerfielder.

Nope.

Randall has shown he can be an NFL starter at CB.

Rollins hasn't shown much of anything on the boundary. He really struggles with his back to the QB and that's a trait that's extremely difficult to overcome especially when you are mildly speed deficient.

Listing Rollins at safety is actually somewhat of a misnomer because I still think he has the ability to be a high level slot guy. Perhaps I should have listed him on both lists and then underlined his name?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Throw out the Jones, House, Barclay, and Webster signings and I'm totally on board as well. Not a Hodges fan, especially that early. I think we should focus on going pass rush there or DL despite the Senderrick Marks signing. I like what you did later in the draft for the mostpart, in particular the Myers and Williams picks. With Lacy coming back and Monty running as a slashing technician, it's nice to stick some speed back there with Williams.

I'm not going to split hairs over Jones and Barclay, but you really want to roll into next season with some combination of Conley, Randall, Rollins, Langley, Gunter, Dorleant, Hawkins, Goodson and Waters at CB?
fattlipp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
fattlipp wrote:

Nope.

Rollins hasn't shown much of anything on the boundary. He really struggles with his back to the QB and that's a trait that's extremely difficult to overcome especially when you are mildly speed deficient.

Listing Rollins at safety is actually somewhat of a misnomer because I still think he has the ability to be a high level slot guy. Perhaps I should have listed him on both lists and then underlined his name?

he has also showed he can NOT be, guess we will see if he has a comeback season, no way I see him as a starter in your scenario, much less the #1. House/Webster/Conley/Rollins/Randall/Gunter/Hawkins
Randall was a FS in college, and he should be moved back there asap, IMO, maybe if we move to a cover 2 scheme, but he is awful in man.

I like Rollins in the slot , and think Randall would make a excellent FS and allow us to move Morgan to ILB on 3rd downs. Gunter could be a FS as well before Rollins IMO.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
fattlipp wrote:

Nope.

he has also showed he can NOT be, guess we will see if he has a comeback season, no way I see him as a starter in your scenario, much less the #1. House/Webster/Conley/Rollins/Randall/Gunter/Hawkins
Randall was a FS in college, and he should be moved back there asap, IMO, maybe if we move to a cover 2 scheme, but he is awful in man.

I like Rollins in the slot , and think Randall would make a excellent FS and allow us to move Morgan to ILB on 3rd downs. Gunter could be a FS as well before Rollins IMO.

Yeah, it wasn't necessarily listed as a depth chart.

I just put him there because he was the first guy that came to mind, although I think any of House/Webster/Conley/Randall could develop into the eventual #1 by the end of the season.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:

Cadmus wrote:
Listing Rollins at safety is actually somewhat of a misnomer because I still think he has the ability to be a high level slot guy.

he has also showed he can NOT be

Jesus, this forum is deprived of any perspective at times.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
That's an awful lot of free agency for Ted Thompson.

It's definitely an ideal scenario, but I don't see us adding three external pieces and bringing back Lang, Lacy, Cook, and Perry.

I was thinking the same thing. If Ted brings Lang, Cook and Lacy back that might be the end of any more FA activity for us. Neutral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:

Nope.

This is exactly where I stand. Both guys were beat up last season and it showed on the field at times. We need a boundary CB to match with Randall, you let Rollins' ball skills win matchups in the slot, and you find a guy from that Safety position that can take on the Hyde role. Not saying Rollins can't be that guy, but I think Brice or HaHa could be those guys.

On the other hand, Obi Melifonwu may be an interesting option somewhere in this draft.
PackMan22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:

Maybe have him fill the Woodson then Hyde slot/safety/do-it-all DB role. That makes sense to me.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackMan22 wrote:
fattlipp wrote:

Maybe have him fill the Woodson then Hyde slot/safety/do-it-all DB role. That makes sense to me.

Randall or Rollins?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Throw out the Jones, House, Barclay, and Webster signings and I'm totally on board as well. Not a Hodges fan, especially that early. I think we should focus on going pass rush there or DL despite the Senderrick Marks signing. I like what you did later in the draft for the mostpart, in particular the Myers and Williams picks. With Lacy coming back and Monty running as a slashing technician, it's nice to stick some speed back there with Williams.

Tell me why not Kayvon, and House. I'm all ears.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
fattlipp wrote:

Nope.

Uninjured?

Can't buy he needs to go there "ASAP" either.

It's really Adams all over again, BUT Randall has issues at CB, he does a lot of things ugly still.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: