Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

G Ron Leary Signs with DEN - 4 years, 35M, 20M guaranteed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Good signing?
Yes
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Who's Ron Leary?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't freak if we moved Schofield back to RT. He didn't get run in Fox's hybrid power/zone scheme, was clearly a poor fit in Kubiaks ZBS but might be a nice fit in this new mainly power blocking scheme.

I wouldn't hand him the starting spot, make him battle a middle round rookie or signed lower tier guy.

I like the idea of trading a middle round pick for Jared Veldheer. Something like our R4 and a conditional pick 2018. Then sign Menelik Watson or DJ Fluker on a prove-it type deal.

LT - Jared Veldheer/ Rookie
LG - Ron Leary / Max Garcia
OC - Matt Paradis / Max Garcia
RG - Michael Schofield / Connor McGovern
RT - Menelik Watson or DJ Fluker vs Rookie
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I wouldn't freak if we moved Schofield back to RT. He didn't get run in Fox's hybrid power/zone scheme, was clearly a poor fit in Kubiaks ZBS but might be a nice fit in this new mainly power blocking scheme.

I wouldn't hand him the starting spot, make him battle a middle round rookie or signed lower tier guy.

I like the idea of trading a middle round pick for Jared Veldheer. Something like our R4 and a conditional pick 2018. Then sign Menelik Watson or DJ Fluker on a prove-it type deal.

If getting Joe Thomas or Staley via trade is not possible as some are saying, then the picture you paint of a potential O Line is the one I like the best thus far with the caveat that Schofield stays inside.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:

If getting Joe Thomas or Staley via trade is not possible as some are saying, then the picture you paint of a potential O Line is the one I like the best thus far with the caveat that Schofield stays inside.

I am not a fan of Fluker at RT or RG for that matter but I wouldn't be opposed to Veldheer and Watson. This is probably the likeliest scenario.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I concur. Fluker is not ideal.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am not a fan of Fluker at RT or RG for that matter but I wouldn't be opposed to Veldheer and Watson. This is probably the likeliest scenario.

After thinking a bit, IMO Veldheer will cost more than a R4. And taking age and contract into account, I think Veldheer would be a better option than Staley. But IMO, its questionable that either would be available.

At this point we need to shop that R3 comp and try to secure a LT, but who is available?

Joe Thomas - CLE is clearly trying to build an elite OL, and dealing Thomas goes against everything they have done this offseason.

Joe Staley - Shanny isn't in the mindset of a true rebuild, he will foolishly try to compete immediately and dealing Staley would be a move indicating a full rebuild.

Jared Veldheer - AZ is ready to move DJ Humphries to LT but they lack a replacement at RT that makes dealing Veldheer feasible.

Don't really see any other options. Don't want to pay Beachum 12M. In fact, I would rather force a OT at 1.20 than pay Beachum that.

A reunion with Clady might make sense if he is super cheap.
champ11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda hate what Shanahan is doing fwiw. He's doing the old kubiak bring everyone that he knows in.

team rammy

mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one curious about how Clady wld fare at RT?
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I the only one curious about how Clady wld fare at RT?

Badly IMO.

We are moving to a more power based blocking scheme.

Signing Clady would be a last resort because, when healthy, he is an excellent blind side pass blocker. He would ensure that your QB doesn't get killed, but wont get much run game push and isn't a very physical player.

So putting him at RT is basically minimizing his positive trait (Pass blocking) while exposing his negative traits (Run blocking, physicality, moving people 1v1).

He is a pure LT and might be our best option when taking into account cost (Both $$$ and draft pick wise). You cant rely on him, but we need to groom a backup regardless.
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feed back.
I am getting really worried that the new coaching staff has convinced Elway they can get Stevenson, Schofield and Sambrailo to work at Tackle.
I am not seeing even ONE Servicable Tackle on our roster and we need THREE.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
I am getting really worried that the new coaching staff has convinced Elway they can get Stevenson, Schofield and Sambrailo to work at Tackle.

I feel the opposite. McCoy and Joseph have mentioned that the offensive line needs work multiple times. In SD, McCoy was all about the big guys up front, it's not his fault TT can't draft OL and made bad signing besides the Slauson signing.

mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I feel the opposite. McCoy and Joseph have mentioned that the offensive line needs work multiple times. In SD, McCoy was all about the big guys up front, it's not his fault TT can't draft OL and made bad signing besides the Slauson signing.

Well, if they hvnt convinced Elway they can get the guys we hv to be in house replacements at Tackle, what do you think their plan is? Draft?
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, if they hvnt convinced Elway they can get the guys we hv to be in house replacements at Tackle, what do you think their plan is? Draft?

I mean, did they really miss out on much? What would you have changed? Outside Whitworth, all the contracts have been INSANE. There isn't a single OL, outside Whitworth, that I wish we could have snagged at the contracts they received.

They are waiting for the crazy deals to be thrown around by bad teams, and will continue to wait. Then, they will target the leftovers at deals that wont cripple the team in the future.

We can be severely disappointed that the FO thought Whitworth was too old for his deal. That was a big mistake. After that, we have Calais who took more money (13M - ~500K State Income Tax = 12.5M vs 15M) rather than a chance to compete. Cant fault the FO too much, although it seems we waited a bit long to get on the bidding. And Baker was a miss, but we rightly were preoccupied with Campbell.

This hasn't been a home run FA, but its no disaster by any means.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I think Elway did want an elite LT in whitworth but the gtd/age was too much? Not sure, but that seems likely. I really think he will use one or two picks on OL talent in the draft, not sure on who. I think he will target one more talent in FA to help the OL, but there really isn't much left, maybe Watson or Beachum - not appealing imo. I think he has a plan and he struck out on Whit and Campbell (thinking he wanted one of them).

mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

I mean, did they really miss out on much? What would you have changed? Outside Whitworth, all the contracts have been INSANE. There isn't a single OL, outside Whitworth, that I wish we could have snagged at the contracts they received.

They are waiting for the crazy deals to be thrown around by bad teams, and will continue to wait. Then, they will target the leftovers at deals that wont cripple the team in the future.

We can be severely disappointed that the FO thought Whitworth was too old for his deal. That was a big mistake. After that, we have Calais who took more money (13M - ~500K State Income Tax = 12.5M vs 15M) rather than a chance to compete. Cant fault the FO too much, although it seems we waited a bit long to get on the bidding. And Baker was a miss, but we rightly were preoccupied with Campbell.

This hasn't been a home run FA, but its no disaster by any means.

I blv we shd hv given Wagner 9 mil. If we were going to pay Calais 13 why not 9 for Wagner? Dont think if the money were the same he chooses Lions over Broncos.
But I am not going on about who we missed. What I am asking you is simple. If as you are saying we missed no one in the market and in my view we currently hv no Tackles, what is the plan to get TACKLES on our roster? Can you pls speculate on that?
If I woke up this morning with only LT to fill and our O Line looking like this, I would be a lot more comfortable probably even cocky. Smile

LT Leary Paradis Schofield Wagner
Garcia/McGovern (back up Guards)
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is telling that Baltimore let Wagnes go. I think they made the mistake letting KO go, who is quite frankly a beast. They weren't desperate in losing another OL to FA because I think they know Wagner is not a top RT and not worth $9 mil. Just imo doe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: