Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Robert Woods signing with the LA Rams(5 years 39 million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
This is why people shouldn't freak over the initial reported value:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/robert-woods-12322/

It's always inflated because it's the max value. Woods is getting paid $6.8 million per year without the incentives factored in. The Rams can get out of it after the first year with only $3 million in dead money. It's an incredibly team-friendly deal. He's being paid average #2 WR money with very little in guarantees.
Damnit I can't even hate it.

They still don't have a legit #1 receiver, though.

#1 WRs are overrated. The Rams needed to address the OL issues. It was a bigger problem than WR. We'll be able to grab a couple offensive weapons in the draft, and we can hope that Cooper, Thomas, Austin, Higbee, etc. take a step forward with a real offensive coaching staff. If not, we always have next year to find a WR.

Maybe a #1 WR is overrated, but its easier to find something close than it is to get an OL to play at a high level, especially after not being close the year before. Whitworth will help a lot, but I still think STL should try to acquire more receiver talent ASAP.

Top 5 LT + Top 5 OL Coach + Shifting OLs makes me feel better about our OL than I'd feel about our offense if we added a #1 WR.

Can't complete passes from your rear end. And a better OL means a better running game, which will be a big difference maker for Goff.

LA is going to acquire more receiving talent ASAP. But I'm happy we made the choice we did in FA. My preference was always to go after a second tier WR or two while focusing more resources into fixing the OL.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

It's always inflated because it's the max value. Woods is getting paid $6.8 million per year without the incentives factored in. The Rams can get out of it after the first year with only $3 million in dead money. It's an incredibly team-friendly deal. He's being paid average #2 WR money with very little in guarantees.

Whoa? Is this a first?
Nah I couldn't hate the Whitworth deal either.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

They still don't have a legit #1 receiver, though.

#1 WRs are overrated. The Rams needed to address the OL issues. It was a bigger problem than WR. We'll be able to grab a couple offensive weapons in the draft, and we can hope that Cooper, Thomas, Austin, Higbee, etc. take a step forward with a real offensive coaching staff. If not, we always have next year to find a WR.

Maybe a #1 WR is overrated, but its easier to find something close than it is to get an OL to play at a high level, especially after not being close the year before. Whitworth will help a lot, but I still think STL should try to acquire more receiver talent ASAP.

Top 5 LT + Top 5 OL Coach + Shifting OLs makes me feel better about our OL than I'd feel about our offense if we added a #1 WR.

Can't complete passes from your rear end. And a better OL means a better running game, which will be a big difference maker for Goff.

LA is going to acquire more receiving talent ASAP. But I'm happy we made the choice we did in FA. My preference was always to go after a second tier WR or two while focusing more resources into fixing the OL.

When you put it like that, I totally agree. I think i took your statement out of context.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: