Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams set to sign WR Robert Woods
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flounch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of this move. He's not the WR1 we are looking for...

He's not a playmaker, he doesn't made a lot of YAC, he's not a burner. All he does is running good route....nothing to get excited.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
RamRod wrote:
I'd still like to see us draft a guy like Zay Jones or Cooper Kupp in the second or someone like Isaiah Ford in the third.

A WR will still be drafted. Although I think round 2 is very early for the like of Kupp and Ford.

Round 2 would be for a guy like Jones/Godwin

I personally woule like to see one of these talented TEs taken early, then CB & WR

I wouldn't mind a guy like Malone in the 3-4 range. Chesson and JuJu may last until the early 3rd but they aren't as much as a vertical threat as Malone would be.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:

He's not a playmaker, he doesn't made a lot of YAC, he's not a burner. All he does is running good route....nothing to get excited.

Washington had one of the better passing attacks last year without a true #1. I'd rather have 3-4 quality targets than just a #1 and Brian Quick, Kendricks, etc. Give it time.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
RamRod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
RamRod wrote:
I'd still like to see us draft a guy like Zay Jones or Cooper Kupp in the second or someone like Isaiah Ford in the third.

A WR will still be drafted. Although I think round 2 is very early for the like of Kupp and Ford.

I personally woule like to see one of these talented TEs taken early, then CB & WR

I said Ford in the third.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
RamRod wrote:

I wouldn't mind a guy like Malone in the 3-4 range. Chesson and JuJu may last until the early 3rd but they aren't as much as a vertical threat as Malone would be.

This signing makes Juju extremely unlikely as they basically satisfy the same role in this offense (the sharp route-running possession guy X receiver).

I have a hard time swallowing that McVay looks at Austin and thinks that's the guy that's going to play the DeSean (Y receiver) role, but they may opt to give him a shot there unless value falls to them in the draft.

I honestly think this could put someone like Evan Engram in play in the 2nd (obviously assuming he's still there, but that's going to be a convoluted bottom of the 1st and I'd expect Mayo and Njoku to go ahead of Engram).

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
Flounch wrote:

Washington had one of the better passing attacks last year without a true #1. I'd rather have 3-4 quality targets than just a #1 and Brian Quick, Kendricks, etc. Give it time.

Yup. Arguably Washington's top receiver was Jordan Reed (at least when he was healthy). That's not dissimilar to what the Chargers ran with for a number of years where, no matter how you sliced it or what WR's you put in the mix, Antonio Gates was always going to be the top receiver where the offense was concerned.

McVay appears (as both systems have roots in the WCO, but appear to go far more quick-tempo) to aspire to put together something similar to what the Pats run. And who is the Pats' WR1? Edelman? Not exactly the prototypical WR1, eh? Rather, it's the TE (and with Brady always has been, even before Gronk when it was Daniel Graham or Christian Fauria or Ben Watson gobbling up targets).

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Flounch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
Flounch wrote:

Garçon was the true WR1 in Washington last year and i prefer a Garcon over a guy like Woods.

I don't know what's the plan for Woods, making him like a WR2 ? Austin still a slot guy at this point.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
RamRod wrote:

This signing makes Juju extremely unlikely as they basically satisfy the same role in this offense (the sharp route-running possession guy X receiver).

I have a hard time swallowing that McVay looks at Austin and thinks that's the guy that's going to play the DeSean (Y receiver) role, but they may opt to give him a shot there unless value falls to them in the draft.

I honestly think this could put someone like Evan Engram in play in the 2nd (obviously assuming he's still there, but that's going to be a convoluted bottom of the 1st and I'd expect Mayo and Njoku to go ahead of Engram).

Precisely this. The H-back/ U position is just as important if not moreso than any position in McVay's offense. And while Kendricks & Higbee have been mentioned, its hard to imagine that they have much confidence in them espeically considering the talent in this group. Engram, Everett, and Jonnu Smith all fit the Jordan Reed mold far better than anything on the roster. Would also be a much cheaper option.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
RamRod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
RamRod wrote:

Or Bucky Hodges in the third. This TE class is ridiculous and extremely athletic.
LARams91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
The LBC wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
RamRod wrote:

Or Bucky Hodges in the third. This TE class is ridiculous and extremely athletic.

I want Jonnu Smith so bad for this offense. Engram I think can be a WR with how he ran, but if he were to play that spot I'd love it as well. But bang for your back, gimme Jonnu so we can focus on other positions early.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Flounch wrote:

Garçon was the true WR1 in Washington last year and i prefer a Garcon over a guy like Woods.

I don't know what's the plan for Woods, making him like a WR2 ? Austin still a slot guy at this point.

Maybe we have different definitions of a true WR1. I tend to think a WR1 is one of the top 15-20 receivers in the game. Garcon caught 3 TDs last year. Him, DJax, and Crowder were all great receivers in that offense. Though, I agree with LBC that Reed was the best target.

Point being, I don't care if we have only "WR2s" as long as they can get open and make a difference.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alshon to philly 1 year 14 mil

Djax to tampa 3 years 35 mil

Holy moly

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
DistantRam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:

Trade Tru and draft a true WR1
Woods as a sure-handed, reliable, WR2
Austin in the slot/gimmick player/WR3

Makes sense to me.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at it like this. We lost Britt, we added Woods. Taking last years targets in the equation, Woods was a more efficient WR then Britt. Give Woods Britts targets (111), and I think he's a 1,000 yard receiver easily. He's 4 years younger as well,and, by all accounts has good hands and runs good routes. I think he's an improvement myself.
Rams wishlist at #37-
1 - Cory Davis, WR
2 - Forest Lamp, OL
3 - David Njoku, TE
4 - TJ Watt, OLB
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I look at it like this. We lost Britt, we added Woods. Taking last years targets in the equation, Woods was a more efficient WR then Britt. Give Woods Britts targets (111), and I think he's a 1,000 yard receiver easily. He's 4 years younger as well,and, by all accounts has good hands and runs good routes. I think he's an improvement myself.

We are still working on building our receivers but my worry is we have no one that is a great redzone threat. I'm not losing sleep over not re-signing Britt and Quick but unless Higbee takes a big step up I could see us really struggle in the redzone which was the only knock on the Redskins offense last year IIRC.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: