Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017-2018 NFC East Discussion Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bagh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: 2017-2018 NFC East Discussion Thread Reply with quote

It seems like we haven't had one of these in forever.

So here it goes...

Current News to ponder:

Washington

GM Mess:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-dysfunctional-ways-on-display-again-as-team-mishandles-gms-absence/

Quote:
This was a nice two-year run of relative continuity. Now with general manager Scot McCloughan banished from the scouting combine and out of the building for the start of free agency, itís fair to say Snyder is back on script. Dysfunction abounds, the teamís employees are unsure of who really is in charge or what the future holds. At this point I fully expect the Redskins to be moving on from McCloughan shortly after the draft.

Loses DeSean Jackson:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/desean-jackson-reportedly-to-sign-with-the-buccaneers/

Quote:
The Redskins let Pierre Garcon walk and it appears that DeSean Jackson might not be far behind. The do-it-all playmaker is expected to sign a lucrative deal with the Buccaneers, according to NFL.comís Ian Rapoport. No word on how lucrative the deal will be.

Kurt Cousins wants out:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/reports-cousins-wants-out-of-washington-brian-hoyer-viewed-as-backup-with-49ers/

Quote:
"Cousins has made it clear he does not want to be there. He wants to get to San Francisco and play for Kyle Shanahan." @wyche89 on Cousins

Cowboys

Releasing Romo Today?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18854803/dallas-cowboys-release-tony-romo-thursday

Quote:
Tony Romo will soon no longer be a Dallas Cowboy.

The Cowboys will release the franchise's all-time leader in passing yards and touchdowns on Thursday, sources told ESPN, allowing him the chance to sign with another team if he desires while removing any doubt that they have the utmost faith in Dak Prescott.

Eagles

Eagles possibly releasing Kendricks and Kelsey after Barwin:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/3/9/14867864/nfl-trade-rumors-updates-jason-kelce-brandin-cooks-mychal-kendricks-eagles-philadelphia-center

Quote:

Earlier this offseason, it was reported the Eagles were considering moving on from starting center Jason Kelce. But then at the NFL Combine last week Doug Pederson said he expects Kelce to return. Howie Roseman was less committal to the veteran center, though.

It wouldnít be a shock to see Kelce cut or traded, but this seems to be the first time his name has come up in an actual trade rumor. Something to keep an eye on.

The Mychal Kendricks bit certainly isnít new. It was reported a few weeks ago that heís going to be traded (or cut).
bagh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I ever thought the Redskins were going to be a dynasty threat after that year with RG III and Alfred Morris.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would loooove Kendricks but not sure we can afford him. And their cap hit is huge if they it him.

Eagles signed Torrey Smith, cut Barwin.
Redskins lost GarÁon and Jackson 🤗🤗
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe to say Eagles didn't ghet much better to threaten the top of the division and the Redskins are falling apart again...looks like its a two team race for the division. Dallas has stayed put (which they should) since they won the division and we upgraded the WR position but still have plenty of holes to fill on offense. If things stay put in FA then it will be an interesting year...
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington got objectively worse, losing their 2 starting receivers, having a QB that doesn't want to play there anymore, and looks like they're going to lose Chris Baker as well.

Eagles defense got worse as well. I know they weren't great players, but Kendricks and especially Barwin always played their best against us. Torrey smith does nothing for me. Another jag for that jag receiving corps.

I think at this point, we need to lock up jpp long term, resign Hankins, and just make a couple depth signings and I'll love our position going into the draft.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
bagh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now we got Alshon Jeffrey and Terell Pryor in the division.

Pryor is nothing special, but Jeffrey bares watching. I don't care what people say about his injury history or skill set. He scores tds and give Wentz legit WR.

With Lane Johnson back, that makes it a concern.

Keep in mind, Wentz started sucking as soon as they lost Johnson.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:

Pryor is nothing special, but Jeffrey bares watching. I don't care what people say about his injury history or skill set. He scores tds and give Wentz legit WR.

He didn't really get better when they got him back though. And besides his very first game, Big V was a pretty solid replacement.

WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eagles do present a problem with smith Jeffrey and Matthews as we options for wentz. However they still can't run the ball and that defense isn't anything special...it only shows dominance when we play them on that dreadful TNF game every year.

bagh wrote:

Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffrey has been banged up the past two seasons and I heard rumblings of him dogging it last year. He wasn't the Eagles number one option. It sounds like they tried to trade for Brandon Cooks first but the Patriots got him.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas lost their CB1, CB2, S2, and S3 in free agency. Are they expecting rookies to cover OBJ, Marshall, and Shepard? And do so without a pass rush? Dallas and Philadelphia have miserable secondaries at this moment.

Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Dallas lost their CB1, CB2, S2, and S3 in free agency. Are they expecting rookies to cover OBJ, Marshall, and Shepard? And do so without a pass rush? Dallas and Philadelphia have miserable secondaries at this moment.

I thought Dallas would have a historically bad defense last year because of lack of personnel. Yet somehow they played well enough to a 14-2 record. They run a pretty good scheme down there.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: