Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Plan at WR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bills123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Plan at WR Reply with quote

Currently at WR we have Sammy Watkins and Kolby Listenbee who has never played a game or practiced in the NFL.

What is Whaleys plan at WR because last year when Sammy got hurt we were really thin at WR and it showed.

Goodwin has signed with the Niners and Woods looks headed for a huge payday somewhere else.

If Sammy gets hurt no way our plan is to go with Listenbee and other young players.

What free agent veterans are out there that make sense and fit the West Coast Offense that Dennison will run?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good question. The fact that we haven't heard any whispers about a safety or a WR is a bit odd. I'm guessing that they are letting the market settle for WRs and then try and pick up one of the guys who doesn't get snatched up immediately.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
It's a good question. The fact that we haven't heard any whispers about a safety or a WR is a bit odd. I'm guessing that they are letting the market settle for WRs and then try and pick up one of the guys who doesn't get snatched up immediately.

We have been rumored to be interested in Kamar Aiken and Brandon Lafell so we are looking at recievers.

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say whichever position we don't really try to upgrade via FA is the one we will try to get in the draft. Something tells me that our draft will mainly consist of secondary guys and we will try to get some WR's in FA.
bills123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is still early in the offseason but letting one of our better WR's go and not signing one is just more of Whaleys incompetence. Granted I believe Woods got overpaid and would not want the bills to match that but I feel we could of signed a guy like Kendall Wright who got 4 million for 1 year from the Bears. I thought going into the year we needed two new WR's and we have yet to address it.

If we signed Kamar Aiken or Stevie Johnson(depending how he recovered from injury) for the slot and drafted a WR at 10 I would be fine.

Also I believe that the Bills need to add competition at RT. Mills resigning for 2 million was fine but he could be a swing Tackle. With Mills, Ducasse, and Groy we might have some good depth on the Oline.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bills123 wrote:
I know it is still early in the offseason but letting one of our better WR's go and not signing one is just more of Whaleys incompetence. Granted I believe Woods got overpaid and would not want the bills to match that but I feel we could of signed a guy like Kendall Wright who got 4 million for 1 year from the Bears. I thought going into the year we needed two new WR's and we have yet to address it.

If we signed Kamar Aiken or Stevie Johnson(depending how he recovered from injury) for the slot and drafted a WR at 10 I would be fine.

Also I believe that the Bills need to add competition at RT. Mills resigning for 2 million was fine but he could be a swing Tackle. With Mills, Ducasse, and Groy we might have some good depth on the Oline.

Cant forget Kujo for depth purposes!

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still some scraps at WR we can sign. We weren't going to sign the big names in my opinion (Pryor, Jeffery or Woods).

I thought we might give Wright a look... but with his inconsistency and injury history I'm fine not getting him.

We currently have a WR roster that looks like this...

Sammy Watkins
Walter Powell
Kolby Listenbee
Dezmin Lewis

^A lot of those guys are more WR 4/5 options (depth). So ideally we still need to fill the WR 2 and WR 3 spots.

We still have a handful of decent options available:

1) Michael Floyd
2) Cordarrelle Patterson
3) Kamar Aiken
4) Brian Quick
5) Vincent Jackson
6) Andre Holmes
7) Corey Brown

Also: Anquan Boldin, Stevie Johnson, Andrew Hawkins, Justin Hunter (feel we would've had him by now if we wanted him), Quinton Patton

Not great... but assuming we draft a WR in one of the first two rounds, some of those options above are decent 3rd WR options.

Personally, I want Floyd or Patterson on a one year deal. Then draft Williams/Davis in the 1st or Zay Jones in the 2nd if a top safety drops.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: