Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Calais Campbell expected to sign with the Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campbell texted Josina Anderson on air; he said that he signed with Jacksonville because of Tom Coughlin because he is a winner and they brought in 2 other good free agents and they have drafted well over the past few years, they have young hungry defense and thats the one that I want to lead. Coughlin is putting real pro's on this squad to show these guys how to work.. Campbell isn't going to get lazy because of his deal he is going to show Fowler and Yannick how to approach the game on the field and off. This is exactly the guy we need is he past his prime and did we over pay if we can get D. Ware production from him its a win plus his knowledge to pass down to the young guys.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - ????

Last edited by DuvalsKing on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Campbell texted Josina Anderson on air; he said that he signed with Jacksonville because of Tom Coughlin because he is a winner and they brought in 2 other good free agents and they have drafted well over the past few years, they have young hungry defense and thats the one that I wants to lead. Coughing is putting real pro's on this squad to show these guys how work.. Campbell isn't going to get lazy because of his deal he is going to show Fowler and Yannick how to approach the game on the field and off. This is exactly the guy we need is he past his prime and did we over pay if we can get D. Ware production from him its a win plus his knowledge to pay down to the young guys.

He's 30, he's not past his prime. He just had his best season ever (in a career where he's been one of the better DL in the game). But yeah, he is pretty much exactly what you want to bring in to this locker room.

Let's remember TC is running the show now. He isn't signing guys that he doesn't think love the game/going to work hard/play through minor things. We aren't signing guys with questionable work ethics/love for the game like Julius anymore.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
Campbell texted Josina Anderson on air; he said that he signed with Jacksonville because of Tom Coughlin because he is a winner and they brought in 2 other good free agents and they have drafted well over the past few years, they have young hungry defense and thats the one that I wants to lead. Coughing is putting real pro's on this squad to show these guys how work.. Campbell isn't going to get lazy because of his deal he is going to show Fowler and Yannick how to approach the game on the field and off. This is exactly the guy we need is he past his prime and did we over pay if we can get D. Ware production from him its a win plus his knowledge to pay down to the young guys.

He's 30, he's not past his prime. He just had his best season ever (in a career where he's been one of the better DL in the game). But yeah, he is pretty much exactly what you want to bring in to this locker room.

Let's remember TC is running the show now. He isn't signing guys that he doesn't think love the game/going to work hard/play through minor things. We aren't signing guys with questionable work ethics/love for the game like Julius anymore.

In NFL terms you don't see a guy like this get paid like Campbell was just paid he is past his prime. The difference is he still has juice left as stated Arizona was done last year and Campbell was still on his grind recking havoc and damn near unstoppable even when they were out of contention thats what we need here a worker who squeezes every drop of talent out his body.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure will be nice to no longer have a black hole of no pass rush talent at one of our DE spots.

Live life like you're down 3-1
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
It sure will be nice to no longer have a black hole of no pass rush talent at one of our DE spots.

Having him, Malik, and Abry up front is going to benefit Telvin and Myles so much.

If the defense can stay healthy, they are gonna be so fun to watch.

^^el ramster^^
FreeDaJags

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
He'll be rushing from the inside next to Malik mostly. They are going all in on Fowler and Ngakoue as the edge rushers.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeDaJags wrote:
iPwn wrote:
He'll be rushing from the inside next to Malik mostly. They are going all in on Fowler and Ngakoue as the edge rushers.
I doubt they use two 3T/5T as the primary DT set.

KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeDaJags wrote:
iPwn wrote:

I hope not. Lol

I really hope they use Dante right. He doesn't need to have his hand in the dirt. Just stand him up and line him up everywhere on the LOS and stunt the crap out of him. Bout the only way you're gonna get any production out of him.

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
FreeDaJags wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I doubt they use two 3T/5T as the primary DT set.

This.

I don't see anyway he isn't the LDE in primary sets.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Bumping this because.

Play him 5T and kick him inside on pass rush/spell situations with another pass rusher. You'll bump the 5T usage for Campbell compared to his 2016 for Arizona, but you can keep those largely in line with practical usage rates.

KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they are even considering a switch to a 3-4.

^^el ramster^^
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Idk if i want to but i dont think we will

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Idk if i want to but i don't think we will

They've been hinting at wanting to use some 34 sets in certain situations I didn't see them do it over the last few years. Maybe they'll sprinkle in a hybrid look off a 34.. I think Wash is going to have so many tools to play with there is no way this defense should look no where like it did last year.
nicky43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:

This is exactly right. You have to be hungry for going all the way to the Superbowl if you want to play for TC and you have to be willing to work your butt off. Campbell doesn't have to prove himself to anyone on the JAGS. I think we all know what a play making game changer Campbell is. Very exciting move! Way to go TC and the JAGS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: