You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Total Control Mock Draft Discussion Thread 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky151

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcb1213 wrote:
I'd like to thank Mike for taking the time to run this. Obviously a massive undertaking and the work is much appreciated. I has a helluva good time

I second(fourth?) this.
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
squire12 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Fantastic work on yet another extremely successful mock Mike. Always have a lot of fun with these.
Agreed!

Here, Here!!!

Mike, you deserve a few beers and a really long break. Rest up, get feeling better and enjoy the upcoming NFL draft

thanks guys appreciate it.

sparky151

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the Bengals get Bene Benwikere (waiver claim) and Tanzel Smart (last draft pick) added to the roster and Randy Gregory removed? That will leave me at 88 with a couple of UDFA claims to go.

I have a question about the UDFA bidding. The league minimum salary is 465K but that doesn't seem to be an option while there are several options below that.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Can the Bengals get Bene Benwikere (waiver claim) and Tanzel Smart (last draft pick) added to the roster and Randy Gregory removed? That will leave me at 88 with a couple of UDFA claims to go.

I have a question about the UDFA bidding. The league minimum salary is 465K but that doesn't seem to be an option while there are several options below that.

Yes,...kinda went relax mode a little early. I think the back to back mocks might be a bit much for this old man to handle.

I'll get things updated today / evening.

For the UDFA, as bad as I hate to say it, pure laziness on my part and really too far into to change it.

Honestly, it needs to be completely redone, what your're seeing is two concepts mixed together that simply don't work and was overlooked as I rushed to get the form out.

The concept was that all UDFA signings would be your 10 practice squad members, so the amount while not accurate was set at 100k and increased to 1m.

Definitely something that I need to get corrected for the next mock draft. Also, not really even sure I want to continue to use the highest bid wins concept.

Thanks IDOG_det
Counselor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew my guys would be bottom of the pack when the votes went out. Posters here don't like me and my knowledge. We will see in a few years though Cool

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
I knew my guys would be bottom of the pack when the votes went out. Posters here don't like me and my knowledge. We will see in a few years though Cool

The only knock I had with your draft was Malik McDowell, I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be the next Vontaze Burfict, not the same position obviously but similar question marks going into the draft. I passed on him and perhaps I should of selected him but it was just too big of a question mark at least in my opinion.

These mock drafts that we do is all in good fun, I mean look at last year's draft compared to IRL, we're no more experts than the experts.

Thanks IDOG_det
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:

If you are doing this to try and win awards, then things are a bit misguided. The awards are fun and all, but my goal was to add as much talent at positions of need (and as many positions as possible) to improve the team as a whole.

Chicago started with a lot of holes, I think we filled a lot of them and did not mortgage the future in getting Garoppolo.

Added at top 10 RT, added depth to the OL through FA and the draft. Greatly improved the secondary with 2 FA safeties and Lattimore in round 1.

Added a HOF veteran TE in Gates and picked a athletic TE in Sheehan that can learn from Gates and ideally grow with Garoppolo.

Retained Jeffery at WR and added some pieces in FA and the draft.

Added depth along the DL and pass rush.

Only real regret is not getting an upgrade at LT to protect Garoppolo, but with
LT: Leno
LG: Sitton
C: Whitehair
RG: Long
RT: Wagner

that is a very solid OL, and have a few potential young players that could develop at LT.

All things considered, I think Chicago is much better now than they were on February 14th. Certainly a lot rides on Garoppolo being the QB most think he can be. If he is not, Kaaya was selected to see what he has to offer. If both fail, then at least the roster is positioned to be ready for a young QB to be added to a top to bottom better team that what ended the 2016 season.
Counselor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Counselor wrote:

If you are doing this to try and win awards, then things are a bit misguided. The awards are fun and all, but my goal was to add as much talent at positions of need (and as many positions as possible) to improve the team as a whole.

Chicago started with a lot of holes, I think we filled a lot of them and did not mortgage the future in getting Garoppolo.

Added at top 10 RT, added depth to the OL through FA and the draft. Greatly improved the secondary with 2 FA safeties and Lattimore in round 1.

Added a HOF veteran TE in Gates and picked a athletic TE in Sheehan that can learn from Gates and ideally grow with Garoppolo.

that is a very solid OL, and have a few potential young players that could develop at LT.

All things considered, I think Chicago is much better now than they were on February 14th. Certainly a lot rides on Garoppolo being the QB most think he can be. If he is not, Kaaya was selected to see what he has to offer. If both fail, then at least the roster is positioned to be ready for a young QB to be added to a top to bottom better team that what ended the 2016 season.

I'm doing this because I have been doing it for 12 years and I love it baby boy.

48 1/2ers wrote:

squire12

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
squire12 wrote:
Counselor wrote:

I'm doing this because I have been doing it for 12 years and I love it baby boy.

OK kiddo.

Was not saying "you" in particular, but in a general sense. Carry on for the love of it.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awards are posted. Great mock gentlemen. Winners post some acceptance speeches if you wish

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Awards are posted. Great mock gentlemen. Winners post some acceptance speeches if you wish

Thanks for everything Pete.

Thanks IDOG_det
Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to have won best draft... All my moving around the board paid off.

48 1/2ers wrote:

ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
I am happy to have won best draft... All my moving around the board paid off.

We expect an acceptance speech.

Thanks IDOG_det
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for hosting and all the effort, Mike!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Thanks for hosting and all the effort, Mike!

Thanks for keeping me somewhat sane through it all...haha.

Thanks IDOG_det

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 49 of 50

Jump to: