Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REPORT: REDSKINS PREPARING FOR POSSIBLE DEPARTURE OF COUSINS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
While if love to get Johnathan Allen, losing Cousins I feel will hurt our passing game and take it from a top 3 passing game to a mediocre passing game.

Mediocre? That's an awfully optimistic projection for our passing game minus Cousins.
I'll say it again, I do believe there is some truth that the Gruden's passing game really helps the qb out a lot but that's not to say that I don't think Kirk is a good qb trending towards becoming great or possibly even elite with a few more years in the system.

Colt McCoy in no way is the qb that Cousins is, but he's definitely capable of playing how he did vs Dallas and Indy in 2014 multiple times if he's a starter for a season. The thing I worry about most with McCoy is he sometimes holds onto the ball too long - taking unnecessary hits - which leads to him getting injured.

I'll maintain the position that if Colt started a full he could be Rich Gannonlite in this offense season his stats would be:

65%, 3900 to 4200 yds, 20 to 25 TDs, 12 to 15 ints and 75 rushes for 300 yards and 4 or 5 TDs

That's certainly not what I think Kirk will do this year. I think Kirk could go over 5000 yards & 30 TDs with our younger and bigger weapons but I'm not as down on Colt as many are. Put me in the Tom Loverro category and JP Finley category if, IF, Colt has to be our starter in 2017.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt McCoy sucks. If anyone thought he could do that, the Redskins would have been bombarded with trade offers.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Colt McCoy sucks. If anyone thought he could do that, the Redskins would have been bombarded with trade offers.

I might have used more florid language, or tried to come up with more statistical examples.

But at the end, you cut to the heart of the problem: McCoy is a backup QB. If he's starting September, we'll be lucky to win 6 games.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
He's been a loser in my eyes ever since he went down with an injury in the national title game in college and didn't come back in the game. I mean its the freaking national title game. Get a shot, do whatever. Get back in the game.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCoy can be good in the short passing game and hit the occasional deep shot because of that and his ability to make off schedule plays consistently is something still can't do after two years as our starter. He's also more athletic than Cousins - not to say Cousins isn't, but Colt is more athletic - isn't all of these ways had reminds of Rich Gannon. He also a lot moxy and is a top notch competitor, players want that from their qb. He can be an excellent leader. He is also the type of qb who will take off rather than throw a questionable pass that isn't there to move the chains, I like that.

No doubt in my mind McCoy can be an average starter if he can stay healthy, but that's the BIG IF! He can play how he played vs Dallas and Indy in 2014 multiple times if given the chance.

I'll also say this, I would not sleep on Sudfeld being our long term answer wth a few years of development if Kirk is gone. Sudfeld has the size and arm talent to be an NFL starter. He just has a lot to learn because of the type offense he played in during college but, I do expect him, to look a lot better this training camp and preseason than he did last year.

Gruden and Cavanaugh are good at developing QBs. I trust they can turn eith of these guys into average starters but I don't think either guy will ever come close to what Kirk currently is and forget about them ever be king better than Kirk IMHO.

They have to find away to get Kirk on a long term deal, I think it's key for the team going from average to above average as well as building the defense. They're going to have to blow Kirk away in order for him to consider staying, and honestly I'd do because I think he can be that good in the very near future and for the next decade.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TXsteeler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
He's been a loser in my eyes ever since he went down with an injury in the national title game in college and didn't come back in the game. I mean its the freaking national title game. Get a shot, do whatever. Get back in the game.

Why risk further injury and possibly miss out on going to the NFL and ever getting paid for it? His rookie deal ended up being worth $1,070,000 guaranteed, that's between 15 and 20 years worth of what I'll be making after I graduate. Colleges are nothing but a means to an end. The only thing that matters is the paycheck at the end of the day.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Why risk further injury and possibly miss out on going to the NFL and ever getting paid for it? His rookie deal ended up being worth $1,070,000 guaranteed, that's between 15 and 20 years worth of what I'll be making after I graduate. Colleges are nothing but a means to an end. The only thing that matters is the paycheck at the end of the day.

Bro, love you but you have this wrong! College is like fantasy island- tight bodied coeds eager to explore their sexuality, taking a class simply to expand your horizons and learn something about yourself, endless parties where debauchery is the norm and no responsibility. College is the dessert of life and reinforces the notion of enjoying the journey not focusing on the destination. If I controlled the universe college would come at the end of ones life rather than at the beginning. It's the perfect crescendo for a well lived life:) Doc out!
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I wouldn't mind if we picked up Oswiler in free agency when he gets cut . bill o Bryan been terrible finding a qb or developing one and imo oswiler was missed used .

We can develop him and he's young and he could compete for McCoy .
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
You know I wouldn't mind if we picked up Oswiler in free agency when he gets cut . bill o Bryan been terrible finding a qb or developing one and imo oswiler was missed used .

+1. Even if he turns out just to be a backup. His salary is already paid for. Steal IMHO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Dashing wrote:

+1. Even if he turns out just to be a backup. His salary is already paid for. Steal IMHO.
If he's cut, his salary won't be paid for, we'd have to sign him to a new deal.

The only way I'd even entertain acquiring Osweiler is if Kirk holds out because then we'd know he's serious about not wanting yo be here another year let alone another decade.

If we trade for Osweiler the reports are the Browns would pay part of his salary for next season. Let's say he costs us $8 million and the Browns pay the other half (wouldn't it be hilarious if Kirk replaced Robert in Cle also & led them to the playoffs soon?) and we could get a high draft pick and mid round pick back return.

Then Brock & Colt would compete for the starting job and we would have saved $16 to 20 million in cap space which we can use on our defense, LG and a #1RB.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Dashing wrote:

The only way I'd even entertain acquiring Osweiler is if Kirk holds out because then we'd know he's serious about not wanting yo be here another year let alone another decade.

If we trade for Osweiler the reports are the Browns would pay part of his salary for next season. Let's say he costs us $8 million and the Browns pay the other half (wouldn't it be hilarious if Kirk replaced Robert in Cle also & led them to the playoffs soon?) and we could get a high draft pick and mid round pick back return.

Then Brock & Colt would compete for the starting job and we would have saved $16 to 20 million in cap space which we can use on our defense, LG and a #1RB.

OK than they could still resign him to a cheaper deal. I wouldn't give the Browns a 3rd round pick for him though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors from pro football talk are the Browns might make a push for Kirk.

‪Cleveland may make a run at Kirk Cousins ProFootballTalk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/cleveland-may-make-a-run-at-kirk-cousins/‬

The source told PFF it would be for the Browns 12th pick and the 2nd rounded they got from Houston

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Dashing wrote:

OK than they could still resign him to a cheaper deal. I wouldn't give the Browns a 3rd round pick for him though.
I meant we'd get draft picks and Brock. Like #12, #52 and Brock for Cousins. We save cap space also.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why anyone would want us to sign Brock Osweiler is beyond my comprehension.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted that in the other thread before you turtle Smile

Imagine if we were able to get this deal the Cleveland fans are speculating about in their forum Laughing

buno67 wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Quote:
Cleveland may make a run at trading for Kirk Cousins

trade 12 and two 2nd?

Only if those 2nds are the Titans from this year and 1 from next year

Id give all of this years 2nd's and 12 overall and a 2nd for next year.
I would do that in a heart beat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: