Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REPORT: REDSKINS PREPARING FOR POSSIBLE DEPARTURE OF COUSINS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mar29020

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: REPORT: REDSKINS PREPARING FOR POSSIBLE DEPARTURE OF COUSINS Reply with quote

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/report-redskins-preparing-possible-departure-cousins

just terrible. one of the worst personnel moves in history
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's funny how everyone thought it was no big deal that Cousins was at the Falcons playoff game. His wife had family down there or whatever. We all know why he went to that game. We'll either be picking a QB in the first three rounds this year or trading Kirk and mailing this season in. Back to square one I suppose.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preparing for "possible" departure. Of course they are, that is their job. This is just more speculation.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
PSID412

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically they are getting their CV's ready for 2018 because that's what going to happen.

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
Monk HOF

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we EVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT. I thought the only thing we did right in a very long time was that we hired SM. First time in a long time we actually had a real GM who knows what he's doing and looks like he's gone. We have a QB who apparently doesn't want to be here. Bruce Allen running things probably into the ground. Looks like we're back to square one. This FO MAKES IT SOOOO HARD TO BE A TRUE FAN. So Frustrating. Go one step forward and 20 steps back.
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would not be surprised if he's gone tomorrow. Yea the 49ers can wait a year but that's risky for Kyle he doesn't know if skins change there mind and make an agreement . I'd at this point would swap firsts and take a fourth for cousins if we are tradinghim.

Each day is getting worst and worst .
Sassan11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone hear that report that Mark Domick is a candiate for the GM position? Looks like Bruce Allen tie to me.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is any new news, and I still don't believe it and won't believe it until Kirk is gone. I think the 49ers just signed their bridge Qb - Brian Hoyer. I don't see the 49ers trading for Kirk Cousins and I don't see Bruce Allen trading Kirk Cousins away to Kyle Shanahan who may be the person he hates the most NFL in the NFL.

I think the 49ers will have Hoyer as their starter this year, will draft a qb in the mid rounds to develop and they may draft a qb high in next year's draft like San Donald. I have to question if Kirk Cousins will ever get his wish of playing in San Fran for Kyle. When you really look at what the 49ers could do this offseason - with a bridge (Hoyer) and drafting a developmental qb in the mid rounds and then a drafting a qb high next year - without giving up multiple picks for Cousins and giving him a deal that's near or equivalent to Andrew Luck's.

I think that It's very unlikely that Allen trades Kirk to Kyle Shanahan. I also think it's better for San Fran in the long term to have Hoyer as a bridge qb, and wait around and draft Sam Donald next year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To still suggest or not want Kirk gone this year for as much as we can get instead of waiting for a 3rd round pick is insane to me. Clearly Cousins doesn't want to be here long term so now its time to do what's best for the franchise not Kirk Cousins. They need to make the trade happen ASAP.

Cousins can get hurt playing under the tag so I think both sides will come to together and Cousins will be a 49er in 2017. I just hope we get fair compensation. Cousins only has all the leverage if he isn't afraid of playing one more year under a tag.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
To still suggest or not want Kirk gone this year for as much as we can get instead of waiting for a 3rd round pick is insane to me. Clearly Cousins doesn't want to be here long term so now its time to do what's best for the franchise not Kirk Cousins. They need to make the trade happen ASAP.

Cousins can get hurt playing under the tag so I think both sides will come to together and Cousins will be a 49er in 2017. I just hope we get fair compensation. Cousins only has all the leverage if he isn't afraid of playing one more year under a tag.
I don't think San Fran will trade for Kirk. Why would they?

They have a bridge qb with Brian Hoyer for at least this year. They can draft a mid round developmental qb to learn behind him this year.

If the 49ers want Kirk Cousins it would make much more sense for them to wait until next offseason - "IF" Kirk doesn't sign a long term deal - and then they can sign him as a free agent himself and not have to give up multiple draft picks.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

I don't think San Fran will trade for Kirk. Why would they?

They have a bridge qb with Brian Hoyer for at least this year. They can draft a mid round developmental qb to learn behind him this year.

If the 49ers want Kirk Cousins it would make much more sense for them to wait until next offseason - "IF" Kirk doesn't sign a long term deal - and then they can sign him as a free agent himself and not have to give up multiple draft picks.

Correct. 49ers can simply wait.

Another reason why it was actually smart to lock Kirk up LAST year with a 20m AAV contract instead of waiting to offer it this offseason.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Cousins is really gonna play here another year on a Tag and risk being injured and never making it to next year and getting the long term deal in San Fran? You get it done now, so you don't worry about it next year! If Cousins and Kyle really want one another!

Once again Bridgwater got hurt in a non contact drill or watever. Does Cousins want to risk that here on a one year deal or do that in San Fran on a long term deal? I would say San Fran on a long term deal ASAP. Hoyer isn't taking the 49ers anywhere, Cousins maybe can.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll also add...again...

That Cousins will make 24M this year under the tag. He just made 20m last year. That's 44m in 2 years. If he's smart, and a lot of players are getting smarter these days, he will already have a 50m Lloyds of London insurance policy in case of catastrophic injury that ends his career.

So Kirk has no incentive to get the deal done right now. Neither do the 49ers. Unless the Redskins are getting close to Kirk's number.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sig made by Deadpulse.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
I'll also add...again...

That Cousins will make 24M this year under the tag. He just made 20m last year. That's 44m in 2 years. If he's smart, and a lot of players are getting smarter these days, he will already have a 50m Lloyds of London insurance policy in case of catastrophic injury that ends his career.

So Kirk has no incentive to get the deal done right now. Neither do the 49ers. Unless the Redskins are getting close to Kirk's number.

OK so do you walk away from a guaranteed 70-80 million for that? That's another 20-30 million added to your policy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: