Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kiko has a new deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Kiko has a new deal Reply with quote

It is being reported that Kiko Alonso has agreed to a new contract. The details have not been released.

It looks like the Phins allowed their free agents time to find out what the market was going to pay them, and then matched it. With Branch, Stills, and Alonso all locked up, the biggest free agents will return next season.

It's time to go hunting for some new pieces come tomorrow.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that we are still working on a deal with Kiko.

Do you have a link?
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where has this been reported

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:

Do you have a link?

Apparently, the Dolphins have offered Kiko a multi year deal. Alonso has agreed in principle, but final details such as guaranteed money are still being worked out. This so far is only being reported on Twitter.

I believe that there may be significant interest in free agency from another team that is motivating the Dolphins to be aggressive in negotiations.

The team wants the deal done before the start of free agency.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

Do you have a link?

Apparently, the Dolphins have offered Kiko a multi year deal. Alonso has agreed in principle, but final details such as guaranteed money are still being worked out. This so far is only being reported on Twitter.

I believe that there may be significant interest in free agency from another team that is motivating the Dolphins to be aggressive in negotiations.

The team wants the deal done before the start of free agency.

Of all our FA's I'm more confident Kiko will stay a Dolphin than anyone. He will be restricted, so if another team does want to drastically overpay for him then they can also give us a draft pick while their at it. An additional 2nd round pick ( presumably, possibly a 1st ) and knowing we aren't over extending our cap space would ease the pain of him leaving LOL.

Bottom line: Kiko had a great season last year, and IMO he stays a Dolphin. I'm sure there is a team or two trying to drive his price up, but at the end of the day I don't think there will be anyone that is willing to part with a 2nd round pick.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Armando as of 10:00am:

"Dolphins are trying to finalize a long-term deal w/ LB Kiko Alonso by 4pm. If they cannot do it by deadline, he'll get restricted tag."
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Per Armando as of 10:00am:

"Dolphins are trying to finalize a long-term deal w/ LB Kiko Alonso by 4pm. If they cannot do it by deadline, he'll get restricted tag."

I'm starting to think we are playing this one pretty well. By now we know what Kiko and his agent expect in garaunteed salary, so we should be using that information to determine whether we want to tender him as a 2nd or a 1st round pick. If the salary demand is high then we will probably tender him as a 1st rounder (which no one will pay) and we get another year to continue to work with him on a new deal.

If his salary demands are ridiculously enormous, then he is saying he doesn't want to be a Dolphin, and we use the original pick tender (2nd rounder in Kiko's case), that gives us a small chance that another team will overpay him and give us a 2nd round pick.......in this years draft I would take a 2nd round pick for a defensive player and be happy about it.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would almost rather simply tender him.

His big knock has been staying healthy, and the Dolphins FO aren't even sure if he's staying at MLB or WOLB.

Of course, it all depends on the guaranteed money.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely would be on board with locking him up. The majority of his injury history pertains to his knee, which didn't bother him at all last year. He doesn't have a history of concussions (at least reported ones), which is the one injury that really concerns me with LBs.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest information is fueling the thought that another team is trying to sign Kiko away from Miami. The Dolphins have increased his restricted tender to a 1st round tender, to try and keep him from being poached. At this point, Kiko and his agent are probably aware that another team is poised to offer him a monster contract, and they are probably using this as leverage.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
The latest information is fueling the thought that another team is trying to sign Kiko away from Miami. The Dolphins have increased his restricted tender to a 1st round tender, to try and keep him from being poached. At this point, Kiko and his agent are probably aware that another team is poised to offer him a monster contract, and they are probably using this as leverage.

This would explain why they chose a 1st round tender instead of a 2nd round tender, although I haven't seen this reported myself.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed!!! Kiko gets a first round tender, which means he will make $3.9M next season.

My suspicion is that the other team interested in signing him is a division rival, perhaps even the Pats......Kiko seems like a player Bellicheat would like.

http://phinphanatic.com/2017/03/09/miami-dolphins-tender-alonso-williams/
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gives us more time to renegotiate i guess?
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13, '14 and '15
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013 and 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: