You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Tony Romo to retire from football; signs with CBS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atran35

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh...just wait...even through training camp. QBs get hurt and teams get desperate. TRADE.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Based off multiple people inside league, it would be a major upset if Dallas is able to trade Tony Romo. Cowboys will have to release him.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the Doug Free retiring changes the way we use Romo's cut.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this quite a bit... I'm all for keeping Romo at this point. We publicly announce that Romo will be given his wish for an open competition for starting job. The bottom line is that he needs to show teams he can still compete for him to have legit trade value. A great preseason would do wonders. And, I'm still for him retiring a cowboy. And, sadly, we are still a qb injury away from 3-13. He's and Dak are great insurance policies for each other. The only benefit of releasing Romo is cap relief but all the big time FAs are gone. So, $5M extra cap wouldn't help much at this point.
5x10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I've been thinking about this quite a bit... I'm all for keeping Romo at this point. We publicly announce that Romo will be given his wish for an open competition for starting job. The bottom line is that he needs to show teams he can still compete for him to have legit trade value. A great preseason would do wonders. And, I'm still for him retiring a cowboy. And, sadly, we are still a qb injury away from 3-13. He's and Dak are great insurance policies for each other. The only benefit of releasing Romo is cap relief but all the big time FAs are gone. So, $5M extra cap wouldn't help much at this point.
agreed but romo wants to play and jerry treats him like his son
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

I've come around to this way of thinking also. We have no reason to release him. It's not like we're going to sign any good FAs this season anyway. Keep him til the offer is right.
resilient

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I've come around to this way of thinking also. We have no reason to release him. It's not like we're going to sign any good FAs this season anyway. Keep him til the offer is right.

agreed. plus one injury away from going full Sam Bradford in return from some team!
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
March 26-29: Annual League Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona.

This is an important date, imo. Behind closed door meetings. SJ/JJ getting some owner hopped up on booze. Whatever it takes, but until these dates pass, I expect nothing to happen.

The_Slamman wrote:

Honestly, I would love an open competition. That's what it should be all about anyway, regardless of the situation. Best player wins the job. I know it has somewhere very slightly north of zero chance of happening, but that's really what should have happened from the start tbh.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Quote:

This is an important date, imo. Behind closed door meetings. SJ/JJ getting some owner hopped up on booze. Whatever it takes, but until these dates pass, I expect nothing to happen.

The_Slamman wrote:

Honestly, I would love an open competition. That's what it should be all about anyway, regardless of the situation. Best player wins the job. I know it has somewhere very slightly north of zero chance of happening, but that's really what should have happened from the start tbh.

I think you set the franchise back by benching Dak. It's one thing for him to lose the job due to a severe drop-off in year two, but after the way he played last season I think he's earned the starting job.

^^^El Rammy
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Quote:

The_Slamman wrote:

I think you set the franchise back by benching Dak. It's one thing for him to lose the job due to a severe drop-off in year two, but after the way he played last season I think he's earned the starting job.

I think it can also be said that Romo has done enough to at least warrant a punchers chance. It's definitely a double edged sword that has about zero chance of happening.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
resilient

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Quote:

The_Slamman wrote:

an "open competition" based on training camp/preseason games?? That is no way to judge either. I agree also with Des, it would only set the franchise back. Cause QB controversies every time either QB threw a single bad pass.

No and definitely no for me.
TheGame316

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless there is a realistic possibility of getting a 3rd, I'd rather just see Romo playing for a legit contender than have us hold out for a 4th/5th from Houston/Denver/Contender or "maybe" trade him to a bad situation on a desperate team for a 2nd or whatever

I'm not a fan of putting Dak back on the bench, or having Romo sit behind him and the controversy that would come with it

Addition by Subtraction is a thing

Cowboys are ready to move on and seeing Romo have a shot playing with a winner is as important to me as what the Cowboys "might" get in return
resilient

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGame316 wrote:
Unless there is a realistic possibility of getting a 3rd, I'd rather just see Romo playing for a legit contender than have us hold out for a 4th/5th from Houston/Denver/Contender or "maybe" trade him to a bad situation on a desperate team for a 2nd or whatever

I'm not a fan of putting Dak back on the bench, or having Romo sit behind him and the controversy that would come with it

Cowboys are ready to move on and seeing Romo have a shot playing with a winner is as important to me as what the Cowboys "might" get in return

sorry to disagree with your sentiments. But if Dallas could get a 4th or 5th, I would send Romo to the CFL to make it happen
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:

sorry to disagree with your sentiments. But if Dallas could get a 4th or 5th, I would send Romo to the CFL to make it happen

Laughing

Same.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
resilient wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:

Laughing

Same.

x3

We've paid him $100 million. We don't owe him a damned thing. So if we can get anything for him, we should take it. His feelings are irrelevant, especially considering his albatross contract cost us opportunities to improve and kept us on the brink of cap hell for 4 straight years. I don't care where he ends up. At this point, the only thing I care about is getting his pricetag off the books and getting as many draft picks for him that we can.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 10 of 18

Jump to: