Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Keep Tyrod!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carucci:
Quote:
Under restructured deal w #Bills, Tyrod Taylor gets $7M signing bonus. Cap value for '16 goes from $16M to just under $10M.

Quote:
Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w #Bills covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Thank you Lord!

So happy. Soooooo happy.
Everyone sig quote this. This post will never happen again. Ever.
My pessimism game too strong.

Seriously though great deal, allows us more flexibility this year and to bulwark ourselves next year when we have a ton of room to make moves. I'm just shocked they actually got it done.

Now on to free agency

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Carucci:
Quote:
Under restructured deal w #Bills, Tyrod Taylor gets $7M signing bonus. Cap value for '16 goes from $16M to just under $10M.

Quote:
Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w #Bills covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.

So we shunted the money to next year while keeping his options. Great contract.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Carucci:
Quote:

Quote:
Wow. That is a hell of a move for the Bills. I still don't really see what Tyrod gets out of it though. Gives the Bills a ton of flexibility going forward and frees up cap space this season. I wonder if his cap hit stays around the $16m mark next season as well.

Doug Whaley proving once again he's very good at manipulating the cap and creating room where there doesn't look to be any.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
Carucci:
Quote:

Quote:

Is it? I figured the $7m signing bonus covered the rest of his salary from this season. Don't think that money counts against us next year.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like i said it was likely same money just making changes so the 7 mil signing bonus will be pushed to 2018 and 2019 where they have more cap space

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
Carucci:
Quote:

Quote:

Is it? I figured the $7m signing bonus covered the rest of his salary from this season. Don't think that money counts against us next year.

This is what i thought as well. The money is all gonna be moved into a signing bonus so it wont count towards cap. But its confusing cause it says 2016 cap it will decrease from 16 to 10M but 2016 already happened and past

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Like i said it was likely same money just making changes so the 7 mil signing bonus will be pushed to 2018 and 2019 where they have more cap space

You are correct. But I'm still happy he chose to renegotiate when he definitely could have cashed out in the open market. Especially after the end of last year.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright now lets build the damn team around him. Get fully pregnant with Tyrod.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
Carucci:
Quote:

Quote:
Wow. That is a hell of a move for the Bills. I still don't really see what Tyrod gets out of it though. Gives the Bills a ton of flexibility going forward and frees up cap space this season. I wonder if his cap hit stays around the $16m mark next season as well.

Doug Whaley proving once again he's very good at manipulating the cap and creating room where there doesn't look to be any.

Alright! Taylor is what we needed for now. So glad we didn't blow off this season! Amazing deal, too. Either Whaley can sell ice to Eskimo's or someone convinced Tyrod that with all the moves we'll make, we flat out expect to go to the playoffs and want him starting.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why Whaley is getting the love.

Plenty of speculation that McDermott won the power struggle and has become real close with the Pegula's.

He and Tyrod stayed in touch ever since he was hired. The writing is on the wall IMO. Whaley will be gone most likely sooner than later.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:

Plenty of speculation that McDermott won the power struggle and has become real close with the Pegula's.

He and Tyrod stayed in touch ever since he was hired. The writing is on the wall IMO. Whaley will be gone most likely sooner than later.
We shall see. Whoever got Tyrod to stay on a team friendly deal definitely deserves praise. Like the Di Marco and Hauschka signings as well.

leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:

Whaley is not a good people person, as we've seen in the past. BUT, he is very good during draft season and especially good at finding value players. He knows skill better than any GM we've had since Polian IMO.

He's more of a scout than a GM but if we keep drafting and finding value guys in FA, he'll be right back on the good side of fans. The first 3 rounds of last year's draft were insane, but injuries derailed us.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tyrod restructuring was more for him not wanting the uncertainty. He had the possibility of making the same if not more money from Cleveland but that organization is more unstable then the bills and he could be out next offseason if they bomb. So that leaves the Jets and Niners, which is where the uncertainty kicks in on whether he will get as much as he did with bills. Him staying put and the bills uncertain with what is out there in FA and Draft seems to have a mutual agreement to restructure.

Thanks Max
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrod's new deal said to be 2 years 30 mil and 15 guaranteed.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: