Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Pro Days
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lack of ball speed is glaring"

Well there goes that.

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Mayock says the exact opposite about the arm strength shown in todays workout:

Quote:
To be fair, Mike Mayock disagreed with the tepid review. "[H]is footwork was much improved because they're working on the feet and the hips, trying to sync that up with his arm strength," Mayock said. "Now his arm strength at all three levels is outstanding -- short, medium, deep. He had a little bit more trajectory on the football, another thing they worked on. A quick overview on Watson would be very impressive workout. One caution -- like most spread quarterbacks, his accuracy is tied to his feet. His feet are a work in progress."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think someone would have just thought to bring a radar gun and measure him snap to snap.

Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure why the NFL doesn't do the same for every game. Seeing QB ball velocity play to play would be an interesting feature.... and give us real metrics for comparison beyond the combines "Well Watson threw the ball one time @ 49MPH" without any real context on the route he was throwing, the receiver he was throwing to, etc.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:
Unofficial times from Clemson Pro Day: Mike Williams 4.51s/4.49s, Jordan Leggett 4.69s/4.68s, Carlos Watkins 5.00s/5.01s, #Clemson

Quote:
More times from Clemson pro day: Artavis Scott 4.51s/4.50, Ben Boulware 4.79s #proday #Clemson

Quote:
Early takeaways from Clemson pro-day: 1- Mike Williams catching the ball really well but his routes are below par.

Quote:
2- Deshaun Watson solid thus far but I thought he threw better at combine. Lack of ball speed glaring

Alshon Jeffery numbers...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
https://twitter.com/BadgerFootball/status/842092973869391872

Badgers Pro Day results. Watt and Ramczyk stick with their combine numbers.
Not too bad for Robert Wheelwright: 4.54 40, 38 vert, 128.5" broad, 6.68 3 cone.
Wolverine_Joe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if this is a repost but

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/michigan-football-rashan-gary-peoples-jones-lead-offseason-workouts

Quote:
Michigan's mock NFL combine event this winter produced eye-opening numbers, especially for sophomore DL Rashan Gary. Gary was timed at 4.57-seconds in the 40-yard dash ... at 6-5, 287-pounds. That would have ranked No. 3 among all defensive linemen at last month's NFL Combine.

Gary also notched a 31-inch vertical jump, a 25.98 seconds 200 shuttle and a 9-6 broad jump.

Freshman receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones ran a 4.41 second 40 to lead the team and notched a 39-inch vertical jump, also best on the team.

Sophomore Chris Evans was the team's fastest running back with a 4.64-second 40. Sophomores David Long and Lavert Hill led defensive backs with 4.52-second 40-yard dashes.

gary.... Shocked

chris evans... Laughing
Groink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="chiefs82"]
Quote:
Unofficial times from Clemson Pro Day: Mike Williams 4.51s/4.49s, Jordan Leggett 4.69s/4.68s, Carlos Watkins 5.00s/5.01s, #Clemson

Quote:
More times from Clemson pro day: Artavis Scott 4.51s/4.50, Ben Boulware 4.79s #proday #Clemson

Quote:
Early takeaways from Clemson pro-day: 1- Mike Williams catching the ball really well but his routes are below par.

Quote:
2- Deshaun Watson solid thus far but I thought he threw better at combine. Lack of ball speed glaring
No hate on Williams, but I'm seeing 4.56+ elsewhere. There are scouts saying he didn't run as fast as people are saying. I mean, Artavis Scott ran a 4.61 at the Combine, and 4.5 here. I doubt he actually shaved that much time off his 40. I bet Williams is closer to a 4.6 runner than a 4.5. I like him, but he's not a burner.
RamRod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groink wrote:
Techbert wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Virginia Tech's was today. Ford posted a 4.52 40 after posting a regrettable 4.61 at the combine. Not great, but improved.

4.52 is pretty respectable for him.

Unless you add .1 sec for home field advantage.
I read on Twitter that the Va Tech guys who ran at the combine averaged about .08 seconds faster at their pro day. I don't have the numbers to know for sure, but I'd take that 4.52 with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I've always heard that Virginia Tech has a fast track. Even as a VT fan I have no idea though.
Brandon26841

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Groink"]
chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
No hate on Williams, but I'm seeing 4.56+ elsewhere. There are scouts saying he didn't run as fast as people are saying. I mean, Artavis Scott ran a 4.61 at the Combine, and 4.5 here. I doubt he actually shaved that much time off his 40. I bet Williams is closer to a 4.6 runner than a 4.5. I like him, but he's not a burner.

I'm sure most teams have Williams as a 4.60 kind of guy. As you said, Artavis Scott shaved off a whole .10 from his time at the combine, which is typical at a pro day . Williams woulda likely ran a 4.60 in Indy. I don't think this surprised anyone.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine_Joe wrote:

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/michigan-football-rashan-gary-peoples-jones-lead-offseason-workouts

Quote:
Michigan's mock NFL combine event this winter produced eye-opening numbers, especially for sophomore DL Rashan Gary. Gary was timed at 4.57-seconds in the 40-yard dash ... at 6-5, 287-pounds. That would have ranked No. 3 among all defensive linemen at last month's NFL Combine.

Gary also notched a 31-inch vertical jump, a 25.98 seconds 200 shuttle and a 9-6 broad jump.

Freshman receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones ran a 4.41 second 40 to lead the team and notched a 39-inch vertical jump, also best on the team.

Sophomore Chris Evans was the team's fastest running back with a 4.64-second 40. Sophomores David Long and Lavert Hill led defensive backs with 4.52-second 40-yard dashes.

gary.... Shocked

chris evans... Laughing

4.57 at 287 with a 31 inch vert seems pretty unrealistic to me. Usually those big freaks like Mario Williams, Clowney and Garrett jump out of the gym.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:

Quote:

gary.... Shocked

chris evans... Laughing

4.57 at 287 with a 31 inch vert seems pretty unrealistic to me. Usually those big freaks like Mario Williams, Clowney and Garrett jump out of the gym.

Eh, not really, there's a lot of those longer leaner guys that run fast, but don't have the true quick twitch explosiveness. Malik McDowell showed it this year, didn't run that fast, but a 4.8 is really fast for a 295lb guy, but then he went and jumped 28". Guys like Adam Carriker ran a 4.70 and jumped 33", Carlos Dunlap ran a 4.60 and jumped 31", Coples had similar #'s to Dunlap, Not quite the same but Ziggy Ansah only had a 34" vert after running a 4.5. So there's plenty of guys who have that long/lean body type that struggle with the explosive jump tests.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:

Quote:

gary.... Shocked

chris evans... Laughing

I'd bet a pretty penny he doesn't run anywhere near a 4.57 when the guys holding the stopwatch aren't wearing Michigan apparel.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Brandon26841

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:

Quote:

gary.... Shocked

chris evans... Laughing

I'd bet a pretty penny he doesn't run anywhere near a 4.57 when the guys holding the stopwatch aren't wearing Michigan apparel.

One thing that makes me think it might be fairly legit is that all of the other times seemed pretty realistic (fastest time was DPJ at 4.41, fastest running back ran a 4.64, etc). I guess we'll see in a few years, but 4.57... that's pretty freaky. Anything 4.70 and under is freak status at that size.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can guarantee you Rashan Gary doesn't run a 4.57

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
smokeybandit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michigan tweeted out the fastest 40 times among the position groups, and in general they were pretty slow (4.64 for its RBs).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: