FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

2017 Pro Days
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lark25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a perception that the SEC is a stronger conference than the Big Ten, however I believe they're pretty similar and personally find B1G a lot more interesting.

Iowa is a legit program, however I think there is a perception that it's just a lineman factory pumping out the big, good but slow guys. Kittle is a freak and I'm sure zach whitman would be pumping the table proclaiming a "Seahawky" player.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lark25 wrote:
There is a perception that the SEC is a stronger conference than the Big Ten, however I believe they're pretty similar and personally find B1G a lot more interesting.

Iowa is a legit program, however I think there is a perception that it's just a lineman factory pumping out the big, good but slow guys. Kittle is a freak and I'm sure zach whitman would be pumping the table proclaiming a "Seahawky" player.
woah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far more open. Realistically Wisconsin, PSU, Michigan or OSU could legitimately win it. SEC year in year out Bama dominance. Nobody saw Wisconsin coming out and beating LSU but they did and played great D
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ishmael Zamora measured in at 6-3.5 and 224 pounds.

11-1 broad jump
40 inch vertical

I've been thinking he'd be a 6th round pick or so based on limited tape and the off the field incident, but if he clocks near a 4.4 40 then I could seriously see him going 3rd round.

edit: Unofficial 4.55 40 for Ish. Thought it would be in the 4.4s.

edit: 2nd time was a 4.49. Much better.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on how Mo Allie-Cox, the 6'6" PF for VCU, pro day went? He's technically a FA.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
bscott36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the Ravens to take Zamora so bad in the 5th or 6th but I think they'll be scared away by the dog stuff. Really good athlete and it looks like he has plus hands and ball skills
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bscott36 wrote:
I want the Ravens to take Zamora so bad in the 5th or 6th but I think they'll be scared away by the dog stuff. Really good athlete and it looks like he has plus hands and ball skills

Yep. The incident doesn't make him a bad person. It was clearly deserving of getting kicked off the team and criticism of course, and it's always something that'll be on a record of him, but it was a mistake. A terrible one that is.

Aside from that he doesn't have any prior issues.

I do think a ton of teams may skip over him due to that, but I think someone will be getting a stud in the later rounds. Limited game film, but from what he showed last year, he has sky high potential if he can put it all together.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamal Adams run an unofficial 4.33 dash at his pro day Shocked

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
bananabucket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think my lack of speed is what prevented me from making it to the NFL. Turns out all I had to do was run the 40 at a Pro Day.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Jamal Adams run an unofficial 4.33 dash at his pro day Shocked

That's pretty big IMO. It might not move him much in positional rankings, but I think it could help prevent a potential fall.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
I like to think my lack of speed is what prevented me from making it to the NFL. Turns out all I had to do was run the 40 at a Pro Day.

I would argue it was your overall demeanor Smile

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lark25 wrote:

As far as the B1G comment, I've always believed they are more advanced than SEC prospects in terms of knowing next level verbiage and concepts, while players take a while to develop. The SEC attracts high level prospects to play right away and draft simple concepts and tasks for players to easily execute.

Take an average SEC linebacker, their responsibility is A gap and if guard shows high hat get to drop. An average B1G linebacker, you have A gap, with secondary B gap support and inside out support on outside plays as well as keying cutback, as well as pass responsibilities with high hat read. Basically a lot more on a player's plate on an average play.
jarren

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
bscott36 wrote:

Yep. The incident doesn't make him a bad person. It was clearly deserving of getting kicked off the team and criticism of course, and it's always something that'll be on a record of him, but it was a mistake. A terrible one that is.

Aside from that he doesn't have any prior issues.

I do think a ton of teams may skip over him due to that, but I think someone will be getting a stud in the later rounds. Limited game film, but from what he showed last year, he has sky high potential if he can put it all together.

Zamora is a POS. How could you watch that video and see it as a "mistake". A mistake is something like stealing from a store. Not beating on a defenseless dog. You got to have a certain something in you to do that. Normal people don't do that type of stuff.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Any word on how Mo Allie-Cox, the 6'6" PF for VCU, pro day went? He's technically a FA.
I read he was working out April 11th

#1 ET Supporter
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarren wrote:

Zamora is a POS. How could you watch that video and see it as a "mistake". A mistake is something like stealing from a store. Not beating on a defenseless dog. You got to have a certain something in you to do that. Normal people don't do that type of stuff.

agreed. Hope he goes undrafted and falls off a high... well.. I'll just leave it at that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: