Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What are you ok spending for Pryor?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: What are you ok spending for Pryor? Reply with quote

I was looking around for some discussion on this and didn't see anything, so sorry for starting a thread if there is already good discussion going on this.

I personally think they should have tagged him UNLESS they know for sure he will command about 10 million per year or less AND that they know for sure they are going to resign him.

With as much cap room as we have with no way in hell we are going to approach the salary cap this year, I think franchising or transition tagging would have made a lot of sense, probably the transition tag.

But since we didn't................I say go with 4 years 40 million and take a chance. I prefer not to lose him and look stupid, plus I think he is a good enough player to overpay for a few years.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id have no problem with them giving him $10-12m

Id also make a big deal about it to if I was a FO. Talk about with how hard Pryor has worked, the positive attitude he brought to the locker room and off the field, and the nastiness he brings on the field, and how it is something they want from all their players and they want to reward players when they do that.

Send a message to motivate players that they will get paid if they perform. Yes, it was only one year but its the lone year he had a chance to play for the browns as a true WR.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idgaf what they pay him, but he better be on this team next season. We have too much money and not enough talent.

His transition to WR was incredible and he still has a lot of upside. He may be 27, but he has minimal wear and tear from all the time spent at QB.

The fact they didn't tag him really opens this front office up to a lot of criticism if he signs elsewhere.

As far as long term numbers? Idk. I'd have probably just tagged him and given him, and the team, another year to properly gauge his value.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever it takes. We've got money and we need him. He's just scratched the surface of his potential. Get him locked up now between 10-15 long term. Don't mess around and give him some one year deal and have him look like a 15-20M WR next season.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever it takes, just to survive the P.R. hit if he goes elsewhere.
Plus why put all of that work into developing him as a player to let him walk?
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

10 million a year with another 3 million in incentives... add a nice signing bonus on that. We got the cash use it!

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard the offer is somewhere in 9.5-10M dollar range, which I think is fair.....the Hold up is the Rosenhaus Brothers....they think they can get more on the open market, and will test that, with knowing the safe offer and "Where he wanted to be all along" are always a safe fall back. The Rosenhaus'I are money grubbing, Hot take dudes....and I bet they are saying, hey we can get you 14M a year....

I just hope the Brown's dont pull the Mitchell Schwartz move....and offer 7.5M, he refuses to sign, hits the open market and finds only 6.9M as his max offer...then the Brown take the 7.5 off the table and offer him 6.9M as his max going rate, and he gets pissed and leaves.
I am not mad at our front office for setting this precedent....we offer you above market...you go our and test the market and find less....we match what you find on the market. That's just good business.....hurt with Schwartz and may hurt with Pryor, but I think its a solid business practice to adopt.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
I've heard the offer is somewhere in 9.5-10M dollar range, which I think is fair.....the Hold up is the Rosenhaus Brothers....they think they can get more on the open market, and will test that, with knowing the safe offer and "Where he wanted to be all along" are always a safe fall back. The Rosenhaus'I are money grubbing, Hot take dudes....and I bet they are saying, hey we can get you 14M a year....

I just hope the Brown's dont pull the Mitchell Schwartz move....and offer 7.5M, he refuses to sign, hits the open market and finds only 6.9M as his max offer...then the Brown take the 7.5 off the table and offer him 6.9M as his max going rate, and he gets pissed and leaves.
I am not mad at our front office for setting this precedent....we offer you above market...you go our and test the market and find less....we match what you find on the market. That's just good business.....hurt with Schwartz and may hurt with Pryor, but I think its a solid business practice to adopt.

I think it's a solid business practice when you're running a relatively compettitve team.

Bad teams have to overpay, especially if they aren't in "desirable" locations.

I think for them to ignore that and lose talent isn't helping anyone.

MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the fish aren't biting as much as they thought they were (Pryor, Jeffery)
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with 10+ easy incentives

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
I would go with 10+ easy incentives

I'm with you on this. Or $9M with escalators that could put him at his $12M per year depending on yards/pro bowl/games played.
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think basically they're not going to go by the dollar. I think the FO is going to think if he get a contract that's prices him to the point where we'd get a 3rd round compensation they'll let him go.

Anything 4th and down I think they'd keep him if he gets a contract that would give us a third I think he's gone.
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
I think basically they're not going to go by the dollar. I think the FO is going to think if he get a contract that's prices him to the point where we'd get a 3rd round compensation they'll let him go.

Anything 4th and down I think they'd keep him if he gets a contract that would give us a third I think he's gone.

We aren't gettin anything for him as far as comp picks.

At least we sure as hell better not.

brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
brownie man wrote:

Why wouldn't we? If he signs elsewhere that's a comp pick. If he gets a Mack deal I think he's outta here. Schwartz money he stays
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
brownie man wrote:

Why wouldn't we? If he signs elsewhere that's a comp pick. If he gets a Mack deal I think he's outta here. Schwartz money he stays

That's not how that works.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: