Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Popular prospects you see as higher bust chance
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Christian McCaffey will bust. He doesn't really have a position and those sorts of players fail to be franchise players. I could see him being a Percy Harvin type.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
I think Christian McCaffey will bust. He doesn't really have a position and those sorts of players fail to be franchise players. I could see him being a Percy Harvin type.

Exactly.. the "Swiss Army Knife" without a real position don't do well in the NFL. Or at least never have HoF kind of careers.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

Exactly.. the "Swiss Army Knife" without a real position don't do well in the NFL. Or at least never have HoF kind of careers.

I disagree. Alot of times those guys fail because they aren't used correctly. You put them on a team that plays the correct system and sticks with it and they succeed. That rarely happens now day because of of management, coaching system and QB turnover. McCaffery has proven he can excel in 3 areas with the ball in his hands (running in a pro offense, receiving and in the return game). He doesn't have to be a "franchise player" to succeed IMO. But if he starts racking up multiple 1250-2000yd season (which I believe is very possible), I think he has achieve success.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Deshone Kizer - Notre Dame
RB Wayne Gallman - Clemson
WR Cooper Kupp - Eastern Washington
TE Gerald Everett - South Alabama
OT Cam Robinson - Alabama
OG Dorian Johnson - Pitt
DE/OLB Tak McKinley - UCLA
DT Malik McDowell - Michigan St.
LB Hassan Reddick - Temple
EDGE Ryan Anderson - Alabama
CB Jalon Tabor - Florida
S Jabrill Peppers - Michigan

Not saying all these guys will be total busts but won't live up to the expectations of where they're selected. In particular, I think Kizer, Kupp, Robinson, Anderson, and Peppers will all bottom out pretty hard in the big leagues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

I disagree. Alot of times those guys fail because they aren't used correctly. You put them on a team that plays the correct system and sticks with it and they succeed. That rarely happens now day because of of management, coaching system and QB turnover. McCaffery has proven he can excel in 3 areas with the ball in his hands (running in a pro offense, receiving and in the return game). He doesn't have to be a "franchise player" to succeed IMO. But if he starts racking up multiple 1250-2000yd season (which I believe is very possible), I think he has achieve success.

Exactly. You put McCaffery in NE, he will be a star in that offense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Cunningham

Cam Robinson

Dalvin Cook - Off field
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
I think he will be fine if he spends most of his time in the slot and occasionally in the back field.
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Well, Reuben Foster. You have to be some kind of stupid to get sent home from the combine. I'd be extremely worried about him getting in troubles every other week if i was a GM.

This is ridiculously blown out proportion. He was in a waiting room for hours, got impatient and had an outburst.

Who here hasn't lost their cool being impatient.

You'd be worried every other week if you were a GM? Get out of here with that. It's not like he has a history of this behavior.

He's going to be a top 10 pick, and a dominate player in the NFL.

Have you ever "lost your cool" at a job interview? if you did, i'm sure you didn't get the job.
If he can't control himself in those circumstances, i'm definitely worried he can in his everyday life.

LOL.... what a reach. It was during physicals. Sources say he may have been egged on even. He didn't get physical with anyone. He just got in verbal confrontation and shown the door.

The title of this thread is about players you think are going to BUST.... he's not going to bust because of this incident. Might have a temper, lost his cool on a long day. But he's not going to bust.

Lot's of NFL scouts are digging into his background because of the crew he surrounds himself with are trouble. Will be interesting to follow.
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

Exactly. You put McCaffery in NE, he will be a star in that offense.

NE? You mean the organization that's won the most Super Bowls this century? Of course he'd succeed there. But I think in most places in the NFL he'd be underutilized whether it's because of the amount of weapons a team has or teams just not being creative with him.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

I mean, he's pretty clearly a running-back so I wouldn't be concerned about him fitting a contemporary offense. I'd be very surprised if he didn't succeed in the NFL.

Curtis Samuel is more of a position-less player. He's not great at either running-back or receiver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: