Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Popular prospects you see as higher bust chance
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 4266
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Christian McCaffey will bust. He doesn't really have a position and those sorts of players fail to be franchise players. I could see him being a Percy Harvin type.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 5229
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
I think Christian McCaffey will bust. He doesn't really have a position and those sorts of players fail to be franchise players. I could see him being a Percy Harvin type.


Exactly.. the "Swiss Army Knife" without a real position don't do well in the NFL. Or at least never have HoF kind of careers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3122
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
I think Christian McCaffey will bust. He doesn't really have a position and those sorts of players fail to be franchise players. I could see him being a Percy Harvin type.


Exactly.. the "Swiss Army Knife" without a real position don't do well in the NFL. Or at least never have HoF kind of careers.


I disagree. Alot of times those guys fail because they aren't used correctly. You put them on a team that plays the correct system and sticks with it and they succeed. That rarely happens now day because of of management, coaching system and QB turnover. McCaffery has proven he can excel in 3 areas with the ball in his hands (running in a pro offense, receiving and in the return game). He doesn't have to be a "franchise player" to succeed IMO. But if he starts racking up multiple 1250-2000yd season (which I believe is very possible), I think he has achieve success.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
riceraider8080


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 6495
Location: Missoula, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Deshone Kizer - Notre Dame
RB Wayne Gallman - Clemson
WR Cooper Kupp - Eastern Washington
TE Gerald Everett - South Alabama
OT Cam Robinson - Alabama
OG Dorian Johnson - Pitt
DE/OLB Tak McKinley - UCLA
DT Malik McDowell - Michigan St.
LB Hassan Reddick - Temple
EDGE Ryan Anderson - Alabama
CB Jalon Tabor - Florida
S Jabrill Peppers - Michigan

Not saying all these guys will be total busts but won't live up to the expectations of where they're selected. In particular, I think Kizer, Kupp, Robinson, Anderson, and Peppers will all bottom out pretty hard in the big leagues
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25674
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
I think Christian McCaffey will bust. He doesn't really have a position and those sorts of players fail to be franchise players. I could see him being a Percy Harvin type.


Exactly.. the "Swiss Army Knife" without a real position don't do well in the NFL. Or at least never have HoF kind of careers.


I disagree. Alot of times those guys fail because they aren't used correctly. You put them on a team that plays the correct system and sticks with it and they succeed. That rarely happens now day because of of management, coaching system and QB turnover. McCaffery has proven he can excel in 3 areas with the ball in his hands (running in a pro offense, receiving and in the return game). He doesn't have to be a "franchise player" to succeed IMO. But if he starts racking up multiple 1250-2000yd season (which I believe is very possible), I think he has achieve success.


Exactly. You put McCaffery in NE, he will be a star in that offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 13263
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Cunningham

Cam Robinson

Dalvin Cook - Off field
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8688
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
I think Christian McCaffey will bust. He doesn't really have a position and those sorts of players fail to be franchise players. I could see him being a Percy Harvin type.
I think he will be fine if he spends most of his time in the slot and occasionally in the back field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 29948
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Well, Reuben Foster. You have to be some kind of stupid to get sent home from the combine. I'd be extremely worried about him getting in troubles every other week if i was a GM.


This is ridiculously blown out proportion. He was in a waiting room for hours, got impatient and had an outburst.

Who here hasn't lost their cool being impatient.

You'd be worried every other week if you were a GM? Get out of here with that. It's not like he has a history of this behavior.

He's going to be a top 10 pick, and a dominate player in the NFL.


Have you ever "lost your cool" at a job interview? if you did, i'm sure you didn't get the job.
If he can't control himself in those circumstances, i'm definitely worried he can in his everyday life.


LOL.... what a reach. It was during physicals. Sources say he may have been egged on even. He didn't get physical with anyone. He just got in verbal confrontation and shown the door.

The title of this thread is about players you think are going to BUST.... he's not going to bust because of this incident. Might have a temper, lost his cool on a long day. But he's not going to bust.

Lot's of NFL scouts are digging into his background because of the crew he surrounds himself with are trouble. Will be interesting to follow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 4266
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
I think Christian McCaffey will bust. He doesn't really have a position and those sorts of players fail to be franchise players. I could see him being a Percy Harvin type.


Exactly.. the "Swiss Army Knife" without a real position don't do well in the NFL. Or at least never have HoF kind of careers.


I disagree. Alot of times those guys fail because they aren't used correctly. You put them on a team that plays the correct system and sticks with it and they succeed. That rarely happens now day because of of management, coaching system and QB turnover. McCaffery has proven he can excel in 3 areas with the ball in his hands (running in a pro offense, receiving and in the return game). He doesn't have to be a "franchise player" to succeed IMO. But if he starts racking up multiple 1250-2000yd season (which I believe is very possible), I think he has achieve success.


Exactly. You put McCaffery in NE, he will be a star in that offense.


NE? You mean the organization that's won the most Super Bowls this century? Of course he'd succeed there. But I think in most places in the NFL he'd be underutilized whether it's because of the amount of weapons a team has or teams just not being creative with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6852
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
I think Christian McCaffey will bust. He doesn't really have a position and those sorts of players fail to be franchise players. I could see him being a Percy Harvin type.


Exactly.. the "Swiss Army Knife" without a real position don't do well in the NFL. Or at least never have HoF kind of careers.

I mean, he's pretty clearly a running-back so I wouldn't be concerned about him fitting a contemporary offense. I'd be very surprised if he didn't succeed in the NFL.

Curtis Samuel is more of a position-less player. He's not great at either running-back or receiver.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group