Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vernon Davis signs 3 year deal?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 7774
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Vernon Davis signs 3 year deal? Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/CHICKatCSN/status/839350092284981248

Wanna see numbers but surprised at the term if that's true.
_________________
Can't wait for the Cousinsmania to go the way of the dodo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
mar29020


Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 1817
Location: VA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is 33 already. god i cant stand this team right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10590
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not a high amount guaranteed. I like it, even though I was really starting to warm up to drafting Howard in the 1st...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19345
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's wait to see the guaranteed but I like bringing him back.

Plus. Let's all acknowledge it feels a little good knowing someone in the front office is actually open for business and making moves.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ripsean21


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 3696
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Let's wait to see the guaranteed but I like bringing him back.

Plus. Let's all acknowledge it feels a little good knowing someone in the front office is actually open for business and making moves.


Dude I think Scot is more involved then we are hearing. Let's be honest what can't he do at home other then the interview process from the combine! And if we taped our interviews and Scot had the questions for others to ask who knows. As far as Davis that's cool but we better find someone who can run block because the he's our Run blocking TE isn't getting it done in the run game.
_________________

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5159
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Let's wait to see the guaranteed but I like bringing him back.

Plus. Let's all acknowledge it feels a little good knowing someone in the front office is actually open for business and making moves.


Dude I think Scot is more involved then we are hearing. Let's be honest what can't he do at home other then the interview process from the combine! And if we taped our interviews and Scot had the questions for others to ask who knows. As far as Davis that's cool but we better find someone who can run block because the he's our Run blocking TE isn't getting it done in the run game.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 5894
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$15 mill for an old TE.. I'm sposed to be excited . Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10590
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all

Ben Volin
✔@BenVolin

Skins gave TE Vernon Davis 3-year, $15m deal with $7.5m fully guaranteed -- $6m in 2017 and $1.5m in 2018. Nice haul for a 33 year old TE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19345
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Not bad at all

Ben Volin
✔@BenVolin

Skins gave TE Vernon Davis 3-year, $15m deal with $7.5m fully guaranteed -- $6m in 2017 and $1.5m in 2018. Nice haul for a 33 year old TE
So $6 mil of the guaranteed is gone after this season and we can essentially cut him next year if need be for only a $1.5 mil hit. Not bad at all.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10590
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Not bad at all

Ben Volin
✔@BenVolin

Skins gave TE Vernon Davis 3-year, $15m deal with $7.5m fully guaranteed -- $6m in 2017 and $1.5m in 2018. Nice haul for a 33 year old TE
So $6 mil of the guaranteed is gone after this season and we can essentially cut him next year if need be for only a $1.5 mil hit. Not bad at all.


Exactly.

Jerry Brewer‏Verified account @JerryBrewer
It's just a moderate contract for a valuable backup TE, but it's another wisely-structured deal by Eric Schaffer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sassan11


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Posts: 1320
Location: DMV
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Not bad at all

Ben Volin
✔@BenVolin

Skins gave TE Vernon Davis 3-year, $15m deal with $7.5m fully guaranteed -- $6m in 2017 and $1.5m in 2018. Nice haul for a 33 year old TE
So $6 mil of the guaranteed is gone after this season and we can essentially cut him next year if need be for only a $1.5 mil hit. Not bad at all.


Exactly.

Jerry Brewer‏Verified account @JerryBrewer
It's just a moderate contract for a valuable backup TE, but it's another wisely-structured deal by Eric Schaffer.


I don't think this is a bad signing at all especially with Reeds injury history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26950
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Not bad at all

Ben Volin
✔@BenVolin

Skins gave TE Vernon Davis 3-year, $15m deal with $7.5m fully guaranteed -- $6m in 2017 and $1.5m in 2018. Nice haul for a 33 year old TE
So $6 mil of the guaranteed is gone after this season and we can essentially cut him next year if need be for only a $1.5 mil hit. Not bad at all.


Exactly.

Jerry Brewer‏Verified account @JerryBrewer
It's just a moderate contract for a valuable backup TE, but it's another wisely-structured deal by Eric Schaffer.


I don't think this is a bad signing at all especially with Reeds injury history.


I wonder if they'll consider drafting a move TE in the second, a la Engram or Hodges, even with this signing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rizzy


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 639
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Not bad at all

Ben Volin
✔@BenVolin

Skins gave TE Vernon Davis 3-year, $15m deal with $7.5m fully guaranteed -- $6m in 2017 and $1.5m in 2018. Nice haul for a 33 year old TE
So $6 mil of the guaranteed is gone after this season and we can essentially cut him next year if need be for only a $1.5 mil hit. Not bad at all.


Exactly.

Jerry Brewer‏Verified account @JerryBrewer
It's just a moderate contract for a valuable backup TE, but it's another wisely-structured deal by Eric Schaffer.


I don't think this is a bad signing at all especially with Reeds injury history.


I wonder if they'll consider drafting a move TE in the second, a la Engram or Hodges, even with this signing.


Don't know where he is projected but I would love for the skins to get David Njoku from Miami. Dude made so many plays this year.
_________________
College Football-Miami
NFL-Redskins
NBA-Wizards
NHL-Capitals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26950
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
Woz wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Not bad at all

Ben Volin
✔@BenVolin

Skins gave TE Vernon Davis 3-year, $15m deal with $7.5m fully guaranteed -- $6m in 2017 and $1.5m in 2018. Nice haul for a 33 year old TE
So $6 mil of the guaranteed is gone after this season and we can essentially cut him next year if need be for only a $1.5 mil hit. Not bad at all.


Exactly.

Jerry Brewer‏Verified account @JerryBrewer
It's just a moderate contract for a valuable backup TE, but it's another wisely-structured deal by Eric Schaffer.


I don't think this is a bad signing at all especially with Reeds injury history.


I wonder if they'll consider drafting a move TE in the second, a la Engram or Hodges, even with this signing.


Don't know where he is projected but I would love for the skins to get David Njoku from Miami. Dude made so many plays this year.


Most mocks I have seen of late have him going at the bottom of the 1st to someone like New England.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big44dog


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1166
Location: New York
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With resigning Davis I'd forget about drafting a TE anywhere near the top of the draft. A strong blocker/ special teams help in the late rounds is fine but the team has much bigger need than 3rd string TE. Davis has shown he can still play, loves playing where he grew up and is a great locker room guy. I'm fine with the money too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group