Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Last Mock before FA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Last Mock before FA Reply with quote

2017 New York Jets Off-season

CUTS:

Marcus Gilchrist:
I've always thought he's average and overrated. We wait and cut him once we add a S in FA.

Buster Skrine: I think we wait and cut him like Gilchrist. Make sure we get a FA before cutting ties.

Several other small depth cuts to free up an additional 2-5mill.

RESIGN:

Wes Johnson:
I think he's played pretty well this year. We have him battle for the starting spot in camp.

Marcus Williams:
We need the CB depth and he shouldn't cost too much.

Ben Ijalana:
Worth keeping around as a depth OT. Hasn't done enough this season to secure a starting spot at OT. But he's a solid depth player.

TRADES:

Jets trade Sheldon Richardson to Dallas for there 3rd Round draft pick. (I'd rather us trade Mo, but with his salary and play Sheldon just has more value. Really just a salary dump at a position that has 2 good players already there).

Jets trade Matt Forte to the Green Bay for their 7th Round draft pick.
(It's the respectable thing to do. Send him to a team competing for the playoffs).

FREE AGENCY:

CB A.J. Bouye
I'm OK with paying him elite money being that he's in his prime. Gives us a legit #1 CB.

OT Kelvin Beachum
We wanted him last year and missed out. I think we go after him again, but he should be cheaper this go around after a disappointing year last season. We need a LT and can't rely just on the draft.

SS Tony Jefferson
If we can get to him early in the FA window I think we wont have to overpay for him either. This allows us to look into trading away Pryor or trying Pryor in more of a LB type role (which I'm in favor of).

QB Nick Foles
I think Petty didn't show us enough for us to be comfortable with starting him next year. Foles is a vet and is competition for Petty and Hack. He won't cost the money guys like Tyrod (if cut) or Glennon will fetch. Cheap vet body for camp.

EDGE Barkevious Mingo
Cheap edge guy to try and compete for a spot on the roster. Has speed and that's what we need.

TE Anthony Fasano:
We need some TE help. Fasano is a good blocker.

DRAFT:

1st: Malik Hooker (FS/Ohio State)
One of the best FS to come out in awhile. An elite cover CF type FS and can tackle.

2nd: Evan Engram (TE/Ole Miss)
Jordan Reed 2.0 He has incredible athleticism for his size. Really is a tad bigger more athletic version of Enunwa. Finally a TE weapon.

3rd: Joe Mixon (RB/Oklahoma)
The 3rd best RB in the class IMO. One of the best receiving RBs I've ever seen. His issues are not on the field, they're off of it. His arrest and video are over 2 years ago, so hopefully he's matured since then. He's an absolute steal if he can stay clean.

3rd (from Dallas): Brendan Langley (CB/Lamar)
Very deep CB class this year. Langley has great size and speed that can play on the outside or in the slot. Not a flashy CB, but gets the job done.

3rd (comp): Pat Elfein (C/Ohio State)
Competition at C for Johnson. The last OSU C we got worked out great, so why not.

4th: (traded away last draft to get OT Brandon Shell)

5th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin (ILB/Tennessee)
Athletic fast sideline to sideline LB much like Lee. We need speed on our defense. We have great size on the D Line to allow smaller guys at ILB. Put these fast guys with great instincts at the LB spots to make tackles and not be mismatches in coverage. Good pass rushing skill from this guy as well. Can add 10-20lbs in the next couple years and has ST value right away as well.

6th: Darius English (OLB/South Carolina)
His weight is the only thing keeping him from being a 3rd-5th Rounder. He's light for a guy 6'6" we try and utilize him on ST while adding weight on him.

7th: Eddy Piniero (K/Florida)
Highly touted kicker with a monster leg. (He's hit a 77yd FG). We need to replace Folk with someone.

7th: (from Green Bay) De'Veon Smith (RB/Michigan)
Solid talent at RB. We need 3 RBs not just 2. Smith gives us that safety valve in case of injury. Really you can sub the BA RB at this spot. There's always a RB projected to go in Rounds 3-5 that slips this late. I don't know who that is obviously.

QB: Foles vs Petty vs Hackenberg
RB: Powell, Mixon, Smith
WR: Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Smith, Peake, Marshall
TE: Engram, ASJ, Fasano
LT: Beachum, Qvale
LG: Carpenter, Dozier
C: Johnson, Eflein
RG: Winters
RT: Shell, Ijalana

DE: Wilkerson, Williams, Thomas, Johnson
DT: McClendon, Simon
OLB: Mauldin, Jenkins, Mingo, English, Martin
ILB: Lee, Harris, Reeves-Maybin, Jones
CB: Bouye, Burris, Langley, Williams, Marshall, Roberts
FS: Hooker, Middleton
SS: Jefferson, Pryor, Miles

K: Piniero
P: Edwards
LS: Purdum

Last edited by Bobby816 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool with it, although nobody is trading for Matt Forte

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can Dab with this

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Last Mock before FA Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
2017 New York Jets Off-season

CUTS:

Marcus Gilchrist:
I've always thought he's average and overrated. We wait and cut him once we add a S in FA.

Buster Skrine: I think we wait and cut him like Gilchrist. Make sure we get a FA before cutting ties.

Several other small depth cuts to free up an additional 2-5mill.

RESIGN:

Wes Johnson:
I think he's played pretty well this year. We have him battle for the starting spot in camp.

Marcus Williams:
We need the CB depth and he shouldn't cost too much.

Ben Ijalana:
Worth keeping around as a depth OT. Hasn't done enough this season to secure a starting spot at OT. But he's a solid depth player.

TRADES:

Jets trade Sheldon Richardson to Dallas for there 3rd Round draft pick. (I'd rather us trade Mo, but with his salary and play Sheldon just has more value. Really just a salary dump at a position that has 2 good players already there).

Jets trade Matt Forte to the Green Bay for their 7th Round draft pick.
(It's the respectable thing to do. Send him to a team competing for the playoffs).

FREE AGENCY:

CB A.J. Bouye
I'm OK with paying him elite money being that he's in his prime. Gives us a legit #1 CB.

OT Kelvin Beachum
We wanted him last year and missed out. I think we go after him again, but he should be cheaper this go around after a disappointing year last season. We need a LT and can't rely just on the draft.

SS Tony Jefferson
If we can get to him early in the FA window I think we wont have to overpay for him either. This allows us to look into trading away Pryor or trying Pryor in more of a LB type role (which I'm in favor of).

QB Nick Foles
I think Petty didn't show us enough for us to be comfortable with starting him next year. Foles is a vet and is competition for Petty and Hack. He won't cost the money guys like Tyrod (if cut) or Glennon will fetch. Cheap vet body for camp.

EDGE Barkevious Mingo
Cheap edge guy to try and compete for a spot on the roster. Has speed and that's what we need.

TE Anthony Fasano:
We need some TE help. Fasano is a good blocker.

DRAFT:

1st: Malik Hooker (FS/Ohio State)
One of the best FS to come out in awhile. An elite cover CF type FS and can tackle.

2nd: Evan Engram (TE/Ole Miss)
Jordan Reed 2.0 He has incredible athleticism for his size. Really is a tad bigger more athletic version of Enunwa. Finally a TE weapon.

3rd: Joe Mixon (RB/Oklahoma)
The 3rd best RB in the class IMO. One of the best receiving RBs I've ever seen. His issues are not on the field, they're off of it. His arrest and video are over 2 years ago, so hopefully he's matured since then. He's an absolute steal if he can stay clean.

3rd (from Dallas): Brendan Langley (CB/Lamar)
Very deep CB class this year. Langley has great size and speed that can play on the outside or in the slot. Not a flashy CB, but gets the job done.

3rd (comp): Pat Elfein (C/Ohio State)
Competition at C for Johnson. The last OSU C we got worked out great, so why not.

4th: (traded away last draft to get OT Brandon Shell)

5th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin (ILB/Tennessee)
Athletic fast sideline to sideline LB much like Lee. We need speed on our defense. We have great size on the D Line to allow smaller guys at ILB. Put these fast guys with great instincts at the LB spots to make tackles and not be mismatches in coverage. Good pass rushing skill from this guy as well. Can add 10-20lbs in the next couple years and has ST value right away as well.

6th: Darius English (OLB/South Carolina)
His weight is the only thing keeping him from being a 3rd-5th Rounder. He's light for a guy 6'6" we try and utilize him on ST while adding weight on him.

7th: Eddy Piniero (K/Florida)
Highly touted kicker with a monster leg. (He's hit a 77yd FG). We need to replace Folk with someone.

7th: (from Green Bay) De'Veon Smith (RB/Michigan)
Solid talent at RB. We need 3 RBs not just 2. Mack gives us that safety valve in case of injury. Really you can sub the BA RB at this spot. There's always a RB projected to go in Rounds 3-5 that slips this late. I don't know who that is obviously.

QB: Foles vs Petty vs Hackenberg
RB: Powell, Mixon, Smith
WR: Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Smith, Peake, Marshall
TE: Engram, ASJ, Fasano
LT: Beachum, Qvale
LG: Carpenter, Dozier
C: Johnson, Eflein
RG: Winters
RT: Shell, Ijalana

DE: Wilkerson, Williams, Thomas, Johnson
DT: McClendon, Simon
OLB: Mauldin, Jenkins, Mingo, English, Martin
ILB: Lee, Harris, Reeves-Maybin, Jones
CB: Bouye, Burris, Langley, Williams, Marshall, Roberts
FS: Hooker, Middleton
SS: Jefferson, Pryor, Miles

K: Piniero
P: Edwards
LS: Purdum

Another safety with a first round pick NO THANKS. No problem with the rest of your post.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ dude stop quoting every mock draft. We know you are referring to this mock draft, that is what this whole thread is about. Makes threads overly long.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

Yup, Forte is is basically untradeable.

I like the draft a lot. If we add Jefferson, I am praying Hooker falls to us at 6, that would be an ideal safety tandem. I don't think we would be inclined to take Adams if we already have Jefferson, since they have similar skill sets. Mixon falling could definitely be a good thing for us. Personally, I feel like he knows he messed up and has learned from it. I wouldn't expect him to be trouble once he gets into the league. Only thing missing is adding a LT to groom.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Yup, Forte is is basically untradeable.

I like the draft a lot. If we add Jefferson, I am praying Hooker falls to us at 6, that would be an ideal safety tandem. I don't think we would be inclined to take Adams if we already have Jefferson, since they have similar skill sets. Mixon falling could definitely be a good thing for us. Personally, I feel like he knows he messed up and has learned from it. I wouldn't expect him to be trouble once he gets into the league. Only thing missing is adding a LT to groom.

Ya I was trying to work one in on my draft but I couldn't fit one in. Only spot I saw it as a possibility is addressing ILB in FA and drafting a guy in the 5th instead of Reeves Maybin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: