Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Letroy Guion Suspended 4 games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Guion's suspension is it worth kicking the tires on Poe?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I didn't realize he is still only 29, I thought he was older. Unless the team thinks this will be a constant problem, I don't know why you let a solid DL go. No need to create another draft need by releasing him.

His behavior has already been a constant problem.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
TransientTexan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

as a 26yr-old w/ Pro Bowls, Poe seems a little pricey of an investment for a short-term problem.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransientTexan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

as a 26yr-old w/ Pro Bowls, Poe seems a little pricey of an investment for a short-term problem.

Twitter has it that his market may be soft. May look to do a 1 year/prove it deal in roughly the 6M range. I wouldn't be opposed to that. Also would be open to Williams from Balt or Campbell from Zona. Would we spend a bit more? Yeah but improving our DLine play overall would help the LBs both OLB and ILB.

Pugger wrote:
We all love Janis
Chili

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
TransientTexan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Twitter has it that his market may be soft. May look to do a 1 year/prove it deal in roughly the 6M range. I wouldn't be opposed to that. Also would be open to Williams from Balt or Campbell from Zona. Would we spend a bit more? Yeah but improving our DLine play overall would help the LBs both OLB and ILB.

Wouldn't mind trying to get Poe on a friendly 1 year contract but something tells me he is too good for a 1 year contract..he will get a nice sizeable deal anyway.

Al Woods has just been cut from the Titans. We were interested in him a few years ago and I believed we tried to get him to visit but he ended up signing with the Titans.

He is virtually the same age as Guion, if we wanted to move on from Guion then Woods could be available as a direct replacement without any impact to our comp picks.

However Guion is dead cheap right now and Woods might actually be a little more expensive.
TransientTexan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
TransientTexan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I thought the DL played pretty well last year, including Guion. If the team feels he can stay out of trouble going forward, I'm not sure that Poe would offer any improvement at this stage, especially when you consider how it might cost the team a comp pick to sign him.

However, if they have lingering concerns about Guion, I guess Poe would be a decent substitute if he can truly be had for 1y/6m. If Guion gets busted again, I believe it would be his 2nd strike for substance abuse and a 10g suspension, which is a significant chunk of his remaining games under contract.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe is too expensive given our investment in Daniels and Clark, and the fact that we play two down linemen at one of the highest clips in the league. You're fragrantly stunting KC's growth so we can reinforce depth on our defensive line when the league is already dominated by sub-packages. Put simply, Poe's a luxury.

Also, the defensive line class this free agency period is among the deepest in several years. We'll find depth later on.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've gotta replace Pennel somehow. Poe is a luxury IMO as well, but if he's cheap enough, there's no reason not to cash in on a bargain. I don't think we are looking to double Clark's snaps.

That said, Guion is an easy cut as he was signed as a transitional player while we drafted and developed. He's served his purpose; move on...
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
We've gotta replace Pennel somehow. Poe is a luxury IMO as well, but if he's cheap enough, there's no reason not to cash in on a bargain. I don't think we are looking to double Clark's snaps.

That said, Guion is an easy cut as he was signed as a transitional player while we drafted and developed. He's served his purpose; move on...

Guion's an easy cut but we have to replace Pennel? Que?

We're not looking to double Clark's snaps, but we do want to increase them, and signing Poe makes that much more difficult. We don't play 3-down enough to warrant bringing in a mid-tier/top-tier DL free agent. This is ignoring Lowry's development too--and he came on strong in the last quarter of the year.

Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidently we are working on restructuring Guion's contract so he might not be going anywhere. Also, this may free up more cap space so Ted can address other areas of concern.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Evidently we are working on restructuring Guion's contract so he might not be going anywhere. Also, this may free up more cap space so Ted can address other areas of concern.

I can't imagine restructuring Guion is going to influence our FA plans.

CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Nor or are we talking about a significant chunk of money. Even if he were to chop all of the money other than the minimum, we're talking about roughly $3M.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Nor or are we talking about a significant chunk of money. Even if he were to chop all of the money other than the minimum, we're talking about roughly $3M.

Right, which is why I can't imagine restructuring Guion would influence our FA plans.

jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
speaking of josh boyd, who was the guy last year that had that gnarly leg break on GB? think it was on a ST play..

Was that Demetri Goodson??

yeah thats right. man just watched it again, one of the most brutal looking injuries i've seen a guy on GB have.

a nice man that goes under the alias Jaguarfan made this for me
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
squire12 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
speaking of josh boyd, who was the guy last year that had that gnarly leg break on GB? think it was on a ST play..

Was that Demetri Goodson??

yeah thats right. man just watched it again, one of the most brutal looking injuries i've seen a guy on GB have.

wow, I didn't even know this. what game?

Worse than Quarless'?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: