Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
I really wanted Patton or Stedman Bailey after we passed on Hopkins. Surprised he didn't have a better career but he was buried on the depth chart by guys like Boldin, Crabtree and Steve Johnson in his first couple of years.

I think he's a good slot or 4th receiver and might be insurance for Decker, and completion for Marshall and Peake.

One other thing I've been thinking about is that maybe there might be some interest in trading Devin Smith.

I can't imagine Smith's trade value is very high
I agree. I think he's going to fight for a roster spot TBH.

I agree and I doubt he even makes the team unless he is lighting it up in preseason. Never loved that pick with who was on the board but it is what it is, another 2nd round dud.

I didn't hate the pick at the time, but it's unfortunate the guy could never stay healthy. He should most definitely have to fight for his roster spot. He hasn't done anything since joining the team. Availability is the best ability.
famousj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was reported on Total Access the Jets signed Josh McCown. Either the Jets are tanking this year or they feel Hackenberg is progressing to the point of competing for a starting job this year.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-9/Jets-Sign-Veteran-QB-Josh-McCown/57f1f222-7b4e-49cd-a105-347f3cb5731c
Kyu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
It was reported on Total Access the Jets signed Josh McCown. Either the Jets are tanking this year or they feel Hackenberg is progressing to the point of competing for a starting job this year.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-9/Jets-Sign-Veteran-QB-Josh-McCown/57f1f222-7b4e-49cd-a105-347f3cb5731c

Nice to get this spot filled. There wasn't anyone to get excited about from the beginning so I can deal.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read a report Revis is likely to re join the Pats.. knew that's where he was gonna go if he played this year. Hopefully he's as god awful as he was last year if that happens.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Read a report Revis is likely to re join the Pats.. knew that's where he was gonna go if he played this year. Hopefully he's as god awful as he was last year if that happens.

Same, if he returns to all pro form he's going to receive tons of hate.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

2 stints with the Pats is enough to keep him out of the ring of honor imo, especially if he plays well next year.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:

Good news for our QB then.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

2 stints with the Pats is enough to keep him out of the ring of honor imo, especially if he plays well next year.

For me it's not even about him playing for the Pats, it would be that he intentionally stopped giving effort for us. I'd lose a ton of respect for him.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

For me it's not even about him playing for the Pats, it would be that he intentionally stopped giving effort for us. I'd lose a ton of respect for him.

I lost respect for him several years ago. Last year was just icing on the cake.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

I agree. I was never mad about the holdouts, I understand trying to get paid as much as you can especially with his elite level of play at the time. He was the best, he deserved to be paid like he was the best.

I don't mind that he went to the Pats and helped them win a Super Bowl. We probably could of re signed him that year but Woody muffed that situation as usual by refusing to even inquire "I would of paid him that." Then went on to try and correct his mistake the following year by over paying him.

But if he goes to New England and plays well next year then I'll never wear his jersey again and he doesn't belong in the ring of honor. He really looked like he wasn't even trying last year and times and that would pretty much confirm it.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

This is a bit too much IMO

He is one of the best Jets of all time and was the biggest reason why we went to the AFCCG in 2009 (and to a lesser extent in 2010)

Aka our best seasons in 20 years

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

This is a bit too much IMO

He is one of the best Jets of all time and was the biggest reason why we went to the AFCCG in 2009 (and to a lesser extent in 2010)

Aka our best seasons in 20 years

I remember you begging for us to bring back Revis a couple years ago. It was very clear you're a huge Revis fan. I'll never deny that Tara ago he was a great shutdown corner. But he's had several holdouts, injuries, going to our rival and then giving up last year that have made me completely dislike him. Call him great whatever you want. To me he's a crap person. The moment he left for NE he should let be considered a JET great. Just a great.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I'm a huge Revis fan

While I can see how the holdouts and what-not annoy people, I don't view it as that big of a deal because it never cut into playing time or taking plays off

It's hard to argue that any player in Jets history has ever had a season like Revis did in 2009 and 2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

While I can see how the holdouts and what-not annoy people, I don't view it as that big of a deal because it never cut into playing time or taking plays off

It's hard to argue that any player in Jets history has ever had a season like Revis did in 2009 and 2010

I'm not saying he wasn't a great player in his prime. I just think with all of his holdouts, injury issues, leaving and going to our rival (now possibly twice), just completely giving up last year as a player. (He also looked awful down the stretch of 2015 let's not forget). Negates him being a Jets legend.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

I'm not saying he wasn't a great player in his prime. I just think with all of his holdouts, injury issues, leaving and going to our rival (now possibly twice), just completely giving up last year as a player. (He also looked awful down the stretch of 2015 let's not forget). Negates him being a Jets legend.

Holdouts were annoying but he deserved every penny he has made until last year. I have no problem with him winning a ring with NE, it hurt to see it happen but we were the ones who let him walk.

IF he plays at an elite level next year though I'd be furious. I would be hesitant to put him in our ring of honor if that happen. As of right now, I don't have a problem with him whatsoever. He just declined far quicker than anyone would have thought.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71

Jump to: