Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
I'd be surprised if we sign anyone until there is a "Romo Resolution"... The QB market seems to be in a holding pattern until something happens on that front. I'm sure we'll do our due dilligence, but I don't think any of these meetings will result in an offer until we have an idea what direction Houston is going in.

This seems to be the case.

Makes you wonder what Romo is thinking and how/why DAL is doing this. There doesn't seem to be anyone willing to give them anything for Romo knowing full well that they have to release him.
BlaZeN37

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Money matters in a sport with a salary cap, especially when you can carry money over.

Over 82% of contracts signed since free agency started have less than $3M in post 2017 money. Most contracts in the NFL are glorified one year deals unless the player is elite.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyu wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
I'd be surprised if we sign anyone until there is a "Romo Resolution"... The QB market seems to be in a holding pattern until something happens on that front. I'm sure we'll do our due dilligence, but I don't think any of these meetings will result in an offer until we have an idea what direction Houston is going in.

This seems to be the case.

Makes you wonder what Romo is thinking and how/why DAL is doing this. There doesn't seem to be anyone willing to give them anything for Romo knowing full well that they have to release him.

Jerry Jones has all the other teams in limbo, by not releasing Romo. The best anybody can do is just wait him out. Sooner or later he will crack and release Romo.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Eagles had 7 mil worth of guarantees on him if i'm not mistaken, so he'll likely sign for the vet min. and the eagles will pay the rest, right?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Eagles had 7 mil worth of guarantees on him if i'm not mistaken, so he'll likely sign for the vet min. and the eagles will pay the rest, right?

Ya he should be cheap. Any QB we sign at this point will be cheap with the exception of Cutler or Kaep.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we'd go after Zach Brown already.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I wish we'd go after Zach Brown already.

He's apparently going to visit the dolphins which is a bummer.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we will be signing WR Quinton Patton. I was a big fan of his coming out of college, but he hasn't done much in the NFL. From what I know he's a good locker room personality and contributes on special teams.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Apparently we will be signing WR Quinton Patton. I was a big fan of his coming out of college, but he hasn't done much in the NFL. From what I know he's a good locker room personality and contributes on special teams.

As long as he is viewed as a camp body and doesn't have guaranteed money i am fine with it.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

As long as he is viewed as a camp body and doesn't have guaranteed money i am fine with it.

I think he's Jalin Marshall insurance for the first 4 games since he can return punts and kicks. Doubt it's anything more than a camp type deal.

Props to Mack on the sig
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted Patton or Stedman Bailey after we passed on Hopkins. Surprised he didn't have a better career but he was buried on the depth chart by guys like Boldin, Crabtree and Steve Johnson in his first couple of years.

I think he's a good slot or 4th receiver and might be insurance for Decker, and completion for Marshall and Peake.

One other thing I've been thinking about is that maybe there might be some interest in trading Devin Smith.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

I think he's Jalin Marshall insurance for the first 4 games since he can return punts and kicks. Doubt it's anything more than a camp type deal.

eh...jalin sucks and cant hold onto the ball.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
I really wanted Patton or Stedman Bailey after we passed on Hopkins. Surprised he didn't have a better career but he was buried on the depth chart by guys like Boldin, Crabtree and Steve Johnson in his first couple of years.

I think he's a good slot or 4th receiver and might be insurance for Decker, and completion for Marshall and Peake.

One other thing I've been thinking about is that maybe there might be some interest in trading Devin Smith.

I can't imagine Smith's trade value is very high
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

I agree. I think he's going to fight for a roster spot TBH.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

I agree. I think he's going to fight for a roster spot TBH.

I agree and I doubt he even makes the team unless he is lighting it up in preseason. Never loved that pick with who was on the board but it is what it is, another 2nd round dud.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 69 of 71

Jump to: