Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minter is a Bengal. If we're really looking to replace Harris via FA, he's probably waiting for the value to go down on the final options, then jump on them like he did Claiborne.

One thing I've noticed recently is that Macc is running things so tight, the official twitter page is breaking news before the writers.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Minter is a Bengal. If we're really looking to replace Harris via FA, he's probably waiting for the value to go down on the final options, then jump on them like he did Claiborne.

One thing I've noticed recently is that Macc is running things so tight, the official twitter page is breaking news before the writers.

This is a big reason I don't trust draft rumors. Macc has done a great job hiding our selections. I feel like with Rex everything was telegraphed to the rest of the league.
CorcoranGallery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with McCown. And I doubt we draft anyone if we sign McCown. For us this year is pretty simple, build for 2018. But as we build it's relying on young players to grow and get better. If Hack or Petty are good enough, they beat out McCown, it's pretty simple. But if they don't , and McCown gives us the best chance to allow these young offensive players to grow then so be it. If Hack can't get on the field next year then it's pretty obvious , "2018 will be our time to draft a quarterback round 1" it will also allow that player to come into a situation where players like Anderson, Enunwa, Marshall, grow into even more formidable players for a young quarterback. On the offensive line players like shell and beachum will prove if they are also formidable in the same mindset.

IMO our team is going to be the youngest team in the league and that's a good thing. For once, I would like to see a team grow as the year goes on. I think this draft will prove if Mac stays next year because I think there will be a few players that need to start and ultimately if they play well it will prove that Mac can draft good players.. ultimately that's what you need from a GM. If we suck but we draft good players well then we most likely fire bowles.. but keep Mac which is what I could see happening.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ This, how often have we been one of the oldest teams in the league? If you are that old of a team you have to be in win now mode so a rebuild is never really happening.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCown left without signing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/19/josh-mccown-visit-with-jets-ends-without-a-deal/
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
McCown left without signing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/19/josh-mccown-visit-with-jets-ends-without-a-deal/

I still can't get my hopes up. I need to know he's signing some where else or retiring.

I just don't see the purpose of signing him.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel is visiting us today, per Schefter

Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

Smile
Much better

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

Smile

I wonder what kind of money and/or role he's looking for.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyu wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

Smile

I wonder what kind of money and/or role he's looking for.

I'd assume he wants a solid chance to start, and if we paid him more than.... 7-8 million i will probably do something irrational. I am fine with him signing for 7 million though. Whatever how bad could he be..... don't answer that.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel, as an UDFA, has thrown 78 passes in a 7 year career or 55 less than Petty. There should be no way he gets more than Hoyer's 5m. IMO anything more tha 2m is overpaying.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys care way too much about the amount of money these guys are playing on (let's be real), one year deals

Like last year everyone was pissed that Fitzpatrick received $12M(?)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
You guys care way too much about the amount of money these guys are playing on (let's be real), one year deals

Like last year everyone was pissed that Fitzpatrick received $12M(?)

Money matters in a sport with a salary cap, especially when you can carry money over.

And yes i am still not happy that Fitz got 12 million, mostly because we have 5 of that 12 million on THIS years cap without him being on the team. That is insane.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if we sign anyone until there is a "Romo Resolution"... The QB market seems to be in a holding pattern until something happens on that front. I'm sure we'll do our due dilligence, but I don't think any of these meetings will result in an offer until we have an idea what direction Houston is going in.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
I'd be surprised if we sign anyone until there is a "Romo Resolution"... The QB market seems to be in a holding pattern until something happens on that front. I'm sure we'll do our due dilligence, but I don't think any of these meetings will result in an offer until we have an idea what direction Houston is going in.

I think you have a good point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 68 of 71

Jump to: