Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins rumors!! Landry trade!!???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
It's not a horrible idea to see what Landry could garner in a trade. He's not the type of WR that will age amazingly well. I certainly don't want to see him go, but it may make some sense.

Landry will drop off a cliff as soon as his body starts to betray him. He is a Wayne Chrebet, Wes Welker, Don Bibi, etc. All of these players risked their body to make outstanding plays, and all were fun to watch. However once they started to break down, the drop off in production was enormous. Both Landry and Edelman will go down about the same time. I give Landry 2 more years of stellar production before he starts to slow down.
Daryl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take that bet everyday all day!! The man is only 24 YEARS OLD! In two years he will just be hitting his prime. What on earth are you guys talking about? This is not MADDEN you keep your good players as long as you possibly can. He is not Wayne freaking Chrebet, or Don Bibi!! Wes Welker was your best comparison but he is better than him to Wes just happen to play with a HOF QB if you remember when he was in Miami or SD he was not the player he turned into.

The man set a record that NO ONE...NO other WR in the history of the game had set before he an Odell tied for it. I think you under value him because he isn't physical freak but he is much more than an average slot WR or WR. He reminds me most of Hines Ward with his passion and grit.

I'm not saying hold onto him forever but it's way too early to be talking about trading him HE IS 24 not 34 or close to 30 wake up people geez
MDolphins2399

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that surprised me in that Armando article was that there's actually Dolphins fans that don't like Jarvis Landry. I didn't know they existed, seems weird to me.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDolphins2399 wrote:
The only thing that surprised me in that Armando article was that there's actually Dolphins fans that don't like Jarvis Landry. I didn't know they existed, seems weird to me.

Probably grumpy old men who don't like excessive celebration penalties.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
I will take that bet everyday all day!! The man is only 24 YEARS OLD! In two years he will just be hitting his prime. What on earth are you guys talking about? This is not MADDEN you keep your good players as long as you possibly can. He is not Wayne freaking Chrebet, or Don Bibi!! Wes Welker was your best comparison but he is better than him to Wes just happen to play with a HOF QB if you remember when he was in Miami or SD he was not the player he turned into.

The man set a record that NO ONE...NO other WR in the history of the game had set before he an Odell tied for it. I think you under value him because he isn't physical freak but he is much more than an average slot WR or WR. He reminds me most of Hines Ward with his passion and grit.

I'm not saying hold onto him forever but it's way too early to be talking about trading him HE IS 24 not 34 or close to 30 wake up people geez

Your misunderstanding my point, I'm not comparing their yardage, TD's, etc. I'm comparing their style of play. Chrebet, Welker, Bibi, Landry all play fearless. They would all lower their shoulder on a 360 lb DT to try to get an extra yard. I grew up watching Miami play against Bibi and Chrebet, and they were fun to watch. The problem with this playing style is with their body types, the punishment they absorb catches up to them. I never said that I didn't lke Landry, in fact he was the first official jersey I purchased since Cam Wake.

I was defending the fact that there is logic in trading away a player in their prime IF you get a boatload of compensation.
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
MDolphins2399 wrote:

Probably grumpy old men who don't like excessive celebration penalties.

Exactly and they wish Joe Philbin was still the coach.
Landry is a beast if he bulks up some more he is a Hines Ward , Steve Smith type reciever and can have that kind of career.
Daryl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:

Quote:
Your misunderstanding my point, I'm not comparing their yardage, TD's, etc. I'm comparing their style of play. Chrebet, Welker, Bibi, Landry all play fearless. They would all lower their shoulder on a 360 lb DT to try to get an extra yard. I grew up watching Miami play against Bibi and Chrebet, and they were fun to watch. The problem with this playing style is with their body types, the punishment they absorb catches up to them. I never said that I didn't lke Landry, in fact he was the first official jersey I purchased since Cam Wake.

I was defending the fact that there is logic in trading away a player in their prime IF you get a boatload of compensation.

Ok OK now I understand you and your right I totally misunderstood what you were trying to say. I agree Landry is more than likely not going to be able to sustain his style of play because of the physicality as you mentioned. There is definitely logic to that tactic, I just hope they find the sweet spot if you will when they start looking at trading him. I couldn't handle seeing him in Pats uniform no matter who is the QB

Last edited by Daryl on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rand Getlin
Quote:
I'm told WR Kenny Stills has agreed to terms with the #Dolphins. Awesome outcome for both parties.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins have a great young nucleus on the offensive side with Ajayi, Parker, Stills, Landry, Tannehill and Drake. This is an explosive offense only missing the TE threat we hope Thomas to be.

With that said, I'll put the fins WR trio against any other teams in the NFL. Stills, Parker and Landry all have big play potential and I honestly think last year was just the start for what these guys can do. It's going to be a lot of fun watching these guys in the second season as a offense.
durreli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im surprised we haven't signed Sims. Expected him to be the easiest to lock up and figured to get it out of the way
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

durreli wrote:
Im surprised we haven't signed Sims. Expected him to be the easiest to lock up and figured to get it out of the way

assumption therefore is that we are pursuing other opportunities or lowballing him
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13, '14 and '15
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013 and 2015
Stars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:

Hines Ward is the comparison I always made - and he had a long career, based more on toughness than elite speed.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiowas05 wrote:
durreli wrote:

assumption therefore is that we are pursuing other opportunities or lowballing him

It looks like we're working big to small. Perhaps the money shelled out to Branch, Stills, and Alonso will dictate what we offer Sims.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

durreli wrote:

Same. He deserves a modest contract, IMO. He was a quality player for Miami last season.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
durreli wrote:

Same. He deserves a modest contract, IMO. He was a quality player for Miami last season.

If he comes reasonable, then sure. But it sounds like someone might be willing to pay him close to TE1 money. Let them do it. He's a great guy to have on the roster to block and to fill in for a few games if your primary TE is hurt, but he's not a starting option on a championship caliber team.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: