Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins rumors!! Landry trade!!???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Dolphins rumors!! Landry trade!!??? Reply with quote

'Tis The season for rumors and media speculations. The biggest Fins rumor I have read recently is teams interested in acquiring Landry. Sounds crazy that we would consider trading such production, but if both sides are worlds apart on the extension salary and teams are offering a first or second round pick, then maybe we get something for him a year before he walks.

http://thesportsdaily.com/the-sports-daily/jarvis-landry-trade-rumors-should-excite-everyone-except-the-dolphins/
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a surprise. As for teams being interested in acquiring Landry, I'm sure every team is interested in him.

There may be something happening behind the scenes. Maybe he doesn't want to be in Miami after 2017. If that's the case, he should probably be shipped out for a 2nd and 3rd round pick in 2017, and maybe a 2nd rounder in 2018.
Daryl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a stupid move on our part for two reasons. One there is no guarantee a player drafted is going to pan out and if they don't we essentially gave him away for a dud and two he is the most productive offensive player we have. Decisions like that are one of the reasons we stay stuck in mediocrity. Look around the league all the annually competitive teams and good teams KEEP there best players and don't trade them away. I sincerely hope this is nothing more than a rumor.

Last edited by Daryl on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems more like wishful speculation by an Eagles beat writer. I want to keep Landry, but if he doesn't want to sign an extension with us, then get some picks.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why some people think this is far fetched. The Patriots are pros at trading players away at the height of their value. They just did this with Jamie Collins. They knew they weren't going to be able to afford his salary, and got a 2nd round pick.

Jarvis is going to get 14 to 16 mil a year in salary. The market for WR's just moved up because of Antonio Browns 19 mil a year average. Jones is at 17 a mil, and Green is at 18 mil a year. Jarvis is a step below those WR's, so 14 to 16 mil a year seems about right.

The Phins might not want to pay any WR that much money. Jarvis might want to play for the Saints, who knows. I know one thing, his price will be a 1st rnd pick with a conditional 3rd if he gets to the pro bowl next season. I wouldn't accept anything less than that.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
I don't see why some people think this is far fetched. The Patriots are pros at trading players away at the height of their value. They just did this with Jamie Collins. They knew they weren't going to be able to afford his salary, and got a 2nd round pick.

Jarvis is going to get 14 to 16 mil a year in salary. The market for WR's just moved up because of Antonio Browns 19 mil a year average. Jones is at 17 a mil, and Green is at 18 mil a year. Jarvis is a step below those WR's, so 14 to 16 mil a year seems about right.

The Phins might not want to pay any WR that much money. Jarvis might want to play for the Saints, who knows. I know one thing, his price will be a 1st rnd pick with a conditional 3rd if he gets to the pro bowl next season. I wouldn't accept anything less than that.

While I think it's all mostly speculation I have to admit that where there is smoke there is fire.

I agree completely with what you've stated above. Additionally, Caroo's skill set leans toward the same type of skill set as Landry. Caroo can't do the speed routes like Stills, but he can probably get open underneath and pick up some YAC. Is it crazy to think that maybe Caroo, Parker, Stills could be as good as Landry, Parker, Stills? Maybe.....but Caroo, Parker, Stills is probably a lot cheaper.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in. Dolphins could be interested in Jay Cutler.......I'm not buying this one.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/3/7/14845206/miami-dolphins-free-agent-rumors-nfl-2017-jay-cutler-signing-trade-texans-bears-browns
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in. Dolphins could be interested in Jay Cutler.......I'm not buying this one.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/3/7/14845206/miami-dolphins-free-agent-rumors-nfl-2017-jay-cutler-signing-trade-texans-bears-browns
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:

Why not? Gase knows what Cutler is capable off. I'm sure that if he signs, it will be for veteran back up money. Gase may feel that Cutler is a better option than Moore.

As I said before, Tannehills knee scares the heck out of me. I think the Phins need the best backup they can get for 2017.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

Why not? Gase knows what Cutler is capable off. I'm sure that if he signs, it will be for veteran back up money. Gase may feel that Cutler is a better option than Moore.

As I said before, Tannehills knee scares the heck out of me. I think the Phins need the best backup they can get for 2017.

I think Cutler would be an upgrade at backup QB, and at starter if he could perform the same as he previously did for Gase. I just don't see Cutler agreeing to be a backup or taking such an enormous pay cut with so many QB needy teams in the league right now.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we trade Landry, I will seriously consider not watching the Dolphins in 2017.

Nacho Simulation Football League
green4gulf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
If we trade Landry, I will seriously consider not watching the Dolphins in 2017.

LOL!!! Ditto!! It would depend on what we got for him. IMO it's more smoke than fact.
Stars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
I agree.

If there's anyone on our team worthy of a franchise tag, it's him. He's a massive player for us.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armando has reported that the Landry talk is normal trade inquiries for players in the final year of their contract.

Yes, a couple teams made some calls, but no deal was ever close to imminent.

Armando puts the odds of Landry being traded at approximately 0.00003%
hrubes20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a horrible idea to see what Landry could garner in a trade. He's not the type of WR that will age amazingly well. I certainly don't want to see him go, but it may make some sense.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: