You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which FA would you take?
Bouye
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Gilmore
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Hightower
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Jeffery
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Jefferson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poe
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Pryor
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Williams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Regarding Pryor, something to ponder...

A guy with throwing capabilities that Mularkey loved to use in Pitt: Antwan Randle El

That is what makes me think Murlakey wants him. We also have a history of going after players that played well against us.
Pryor made some plays when the Browns lost to us.

If his character checks out, then I see us going after him.

PS. Garcon to the Niners.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

Edit: NEvermind... the numbers I posted where his last contract with the 'Skins... contract details not available (except that he'll get more his 1st season with this new year [~16M] than he did his previous deal [~13M])

5/42.5M... 8.5M per

and the WR market has been set.

I still maintain that Pryor, DJax, and Stills will get 10-12M... and Jeffery will be even higher... 13-14M per

(This is without looking at guarantees, etc... just total per year contracts).
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

A guy with throwing capabilities that Mularkey loved to use in Pitt: Antwan Randle El

That is what makes me think Murlakey wants him. We also have a history of going after players that played well against us.

I've been talking about the trick plays we could run with TP for like 6 months Laughing

Also glad Kyle went after his buddy Garcon. Never a big fan of his tbh.

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
VY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints may screw the pooch on the Cooks trade. The moment free agency starts and they haven't accepted something, their leverage with interested teams is going to bottom out.

Say the Eagles sign Alshon, we sign Pryor, the Niners are getting Garcon for big money in year 1... who's left? The Patriots? They aren't forking over more than #32 anyhow. I suppose a surprise team with a higher pick could always jump in, but clock is ticking and if they haven't gotten a better offer yet they likely won't once FA dominoes start to fall.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

I was wondering if we'd be interested in a guy like Dobbs for that exact reason in the draft. Pryor obviously brings far more to the team than Dobbs, just speaking in regards to finding that "gadget" player that can run those later WR screen things we like to do with Harry Douglas for some reason. Dobbs had the 3rd best QB rating on deep passes in the country last year and has really good athleticism and decent enough hands.

Pryor would certainly be a more ideal person to fill that role though.

#MTGA
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I mentioned this yesterday, but wasn't last year's tampering period filled with leaks about Player X agreeing to terms with Team X?

The last 26 hours have just been so uneventful.

Props to mike23md on the sig
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I know I mentioned this yesterday, but wasn't last year's tampering period filled with leaks about Player X agreeing to terms with Team X?

Yeah... it's been disappointing... I thought we'd be getting leaks left and right about deals already in place. I know the Titans have been much tighter with leaks since Robinson took over, but I thought at least some of the other teams would be leaking their info/deals.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
VY wrote:
RE: Bouye.... good odds he stays in the AFC South it seems.

@AaronWilson_NFL wrote:
Among the teams expected to be extremely competitive for A.J. Bouye: Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers, Browns

Colts are probably the biggest competition if he's looking at who has the QB situations. If it comes down to money which it normally does Jags make sense since they don't have a clue on how to build a team since they just throw boat loads of cash at everyone

Yet we have the 3rd most cap in the league and structure contracts to which we can cut them in two years with no more money obligations if they fail...

May as well keep throwing money at players and hope our QB situation figures itself out and build the talent level around him. Wouldn't say we don't know how to build a team, just in the dark abyss of QB play for the last decade...that's what happens.

Cuz that's worked so well for you guys so far... lol.

I think the league has shown that it takes a specially talented team to make it anywhere without a QB. The Broncos during Manning's last year is a prime example (although even as limited as he was physically that season, his mental game was always through the roof). The Jags have some individual talent (not more than any average team), but ultimately, I just don't see a "team" there. Maybe Coughlin can finally help fix that.

Saw an article last week on the Jags (think it was a snapshot of all teams)... can't remember where... but it said something along the lines of... in this age of parity, it takes a special kind if ineptitude to go so long without being able to crack 6 wins. I chalk that up to a lack of leadership up to the very top... and why there's a chance for change with the Coughlin hire. We had been having the same kind of problems here in TN... since the days of Fisher/Reese/Underwoood... seemed they all kept each other in check. Once Reese was gone, Fisher had all kinds of control, and little by little lost the team, and everything became office politics. Robinson seems to have fixed that... giving the team a sense of competency in the FO.

It hasn't worked. No doubt about that. But why not continue to do it and hope you hit like the Giants last year? No reason to sit on 80M in cap, especially when the talent level is close to being able to compete IF they have decent QB play.

With the cap rising and continually structuring contracts like we have, may as well keep trying to hit in FA. Malik Jackson is a building block on defense we got last year in FA and has been worth what we paid him so far. Plus, hopefully with a new man running things/new coaching staff we actually play to players strengths instead of fitting them into the scheme like we have done. Dan Skuta starting over Myles Jack last year is perfect evidence of just that.

El Ramster on the sig
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
VY wrote:

@AaronWilson_NFL wrote:
Among the teams expected to be extremely competitive for A.J. Bouye: Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers, Browns

Colts are probably the biggest competition if he's looking at who has the QB situations. If it comes down to money which it normally does Jags make sense since they don't have a clue on how to build a team since they just throw boat loads of cash at everyone

Yet we have the 3rd most cap in the league and structure contracts to which we can cut them in two years with no more money obligations if they fail...

May as well keep throwing money at players and hope our QB situation figures itself out and build the talent level around him. Wouldn't say we don't know how to build a team, just in the dark abyss of QB play for the last decade...that's what happens.

I think the league has shown that it takes a specially talented team to make it anywhere without a QB. The Broncos during Manning's last year is a prime example (although even as limited as he was physically that season, his mental game was always through the roof). The Jags have some individual talent (not more than any average team), but ultimately, I just don't see a "team" there. Maybe Coughlin can finally help fix that.

Saw an article last week on the Jags (think it was a snapshot of all teams)... can't remember where... but it said something along the lines of... in this age of parity, it takes a special kind if ineptitude to go so long without being able to crack 6 wins. I chalk that up to a lack of leadership up to the very top... and why there's a chance for change with the Coughlin hire. We had been having the same kind of problems here in TN... since the days of Fisher/Reese/Underwoood... seemed they all kept each other in check. Once Reese was gone, Fisher had all kinds of control, and little by little lost the team, and everything became office politics. Robinson seems to have fixed that... giving the team a sense of competency in the FO.

It hasn't worked. No doubt about that. But why not continue to do it and hope you hit like the Giants last year? No reason to sit on 80M in cap, especially when the talent level is close to being able to compete IF they have decent QB play.

With the cap rising and continually structuring contracts like we have, may as well keep trying to hit in FA. Malik Jackson is a building block on defense we got last year in FA and has been worth what we paid him so far. Plus, hopefully with a new man running things/new coaching staff we actually play to players strengths instead of fitting them into the scheme like we have done. Dan Skuta starting over Myles Jack last year is perfect evidence of just that.

Free Agency is a part of building a team no doubt but from the outside looking in I have no idea who are your building blocks going forward. Allan Robinson Jalyen Ramsey for sure but no QB drafted a RB then signed another. Groomed a TE signed and traded a TE. Threw tons of cash at players on D who probably wernt worth it. But Ramsey was a great pick a player i wish we had

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
VY wrote:

@AaronWilson_NFL wrote:

Free Agency is a part of building a team no doubt but from the outside looking in I have no idea who are your building blocks going forward. Allan Robinson Jalyen Ramsey for sure but no QB drafted a RB then signed another. Groomed a TE signed and traded a TE. Threw tons of cash at players on D who probably wernt worth it. But Ramsey was a great pick a player i wish we had

Jalen Ramsey, Allen Robinson, Telvin Smith, and Malik Jackson I would characterize as premier level players who are going to be keys to getting this turned around. There are several other young players like Hurns, Marqise Lee, Abry Jones, and Myles Jack who have shown/have the potential to also be key pieces.

But again, as far as throwing cash around, why not? If you have all this cap space and structure contracts how they have why not take shots on guys and hope they stick? We did that with Sen'Derrick Marks and he provided a couple very good years with one of the years playing as probably a top 3-5 3T in the NFL. Malik Jackson, Roy Miller, and Prince Amukamara have been hits too.

Even with being generally the top spender in FA these last few years, we haven't had any young guys to lock up so we've consistently been top 3 in cap. I just don't see the harm in it. If they bust, you cut them and lose out on anything. If they hit, then great.

When you look at the players we signed outside of Odrick (who was solid, just overpaid), Parnell (been an average RT, can't complain), Malik Jackson, Julius Thomas, and Chris Ivory most have just been depth/kicking the tires on to see what happens. Only blatant busts that we paid solid money for were Davon House and Zane Beadles, neither of which were highly regarded prior for the most part.

El Ramster on the sig
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Yeah... it's been disappointing... I thought we'd be getting leaks left and right about deals already in place. I know the Titans have been much tighter with leaks since Robinson took over, but I thought at least some of the other teams would be leaking their info/deals.

It's really been dry since Wyatt left the Tennesseean. No one else in Nashville(or even in the country) has any kind of inside intel. It's insane, I dunno if any other team in the NFL has as tight lipped an organization as we do without Wyatt leaking from his contact.

#MTGA
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

It's really been dry since Wyatt left the Tennesseean. No one else in Nashville(or even in the country) has any kind of inside intel. It's insane, I dunno if any other team in the NFL has as tight lipped an organization as we do without Wyatt leaking from his contact.

King's guy of a guy?

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwayne Allen traded to the Patriots

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I know Wyatt was great at his job and I don't mean to downplay his ability, but part of me does wonder if part of the team's interest in hiring him was to close up their one leak.

Props to mike23md on the sig
VY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As people have been interested in Kendricks... If other things (like Hightower) fall through could be an option. Hard to see us keeping Woodyard if we add a higher priced FA at ILB.

@JasonLaCanfora wrote:
Eagles continuing to explore trade interest in Connor Barwin and Mychal Kendricks, according to league sources. Both could be cut otherwise

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: