You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Free Agency
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which FA would you take?
Bouye
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Gilmore
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Hightower
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Jeffery
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Jefferson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poe
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Pryor
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Williams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: 2017 NFL Free Agency Reply with quote

Predictions:

- We will be involved in a trade prior to the start of the draft.

- We will not sign multiple "big name" FAs. Those expecting us to come away with Hightower, Gilmore/Bouye, Jeffery/Pryor, and Jefferson will be disappointed.

- Multiple posters will lose their minds about us being cheap and not spending money, once those first few huge deals are announced/leaked.

- We will sign one big ticket FA... I just don't know which one right now.

- Most of Robinson's work will come at that 2nd tier of FAs... guys like Kirkpatrick, Claiborne, etc, just like last year...

- Our two biggest FA acquisitions last year were Jones (4/$17.5M) and Matthews (3/$15M). We improved from 5 total wins in 2 seasons to 9 wins last year.

But I'll still put a poll...

If you had your choice of 1 premiere FA ($40M+), who would it be (contract details and all other financial things being equal):
VY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With hesitation, I'd say Bouye. Definitely taking a risk there banking on potential. But he was so solid last year, and to take him from a division rival really just is a cherry on top.
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which do I think they will go after the hardest- Hightower

Which I would prefer- Poe
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hightower.

He is the "cleanest" and least risk involved.

Robinson knows him. He is a TN native. I could have swore that on Twitter or somewhere he complained about the Northern chill and wants to be back down south.
He is a hard worker. Scheme versatile.

I think Robinson would sleep easy pouring some money in a guy like him, that has a history of making plays and no real red flags. Compared to Pryor (one year of production/attitude?), Jeffery (suspensions, injuries), Bouye(one year production)

I think only thing that stands between us and Hightower, is if he wants to return to New England for more rings.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleacher Report tweeted about Pryor to the Titans even though Alshon is the better WR

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffery or Hightower. Went with Jeffery.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off that list, probably Bouye. I'm tired of having [inappropriate/removed] CBs on this team.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Off that list, probably Bouye. I'm tired of having [inappropriate/removed] CBs on this team.

I rushed at the end as I was called to a meeting... and I also didn't want to make a huge list... the last sentence in the OP explained a little that the choice was of big money FAs. I identified big money FAs as 40M+... and the list does leave off a lot of names that could potentially break that threshold... ie, Stills, DJax, a few of the CBs, etc.

There's players at other positions that will probably break the $40M barrier as well, but I just don't think they're anyone's top target ie Zietler, Campbell, Glennon (apparently)
VY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Bouye.... good odds he stays in the AFC South it seems.

@AaronWilson_NFL wrote:
Among the teams expected to be extremely competitive for A.J. Bouye: Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers, Browns
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:

@AaronWilson_NFL wrote:
Among the teams expected to be extremely competitive for A.J. Bouye: Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers, Browns

Colts are probably the biggest competition if he's looking at who has the QB situations. If it comes down to money which it normally does Jags make sense since they don't have a clue on how to build a team since they just throw boat loads of cash at everyone

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
VY wrote:

@AaronWilson_NFL wrote:

Colts are probably the biggest competition if he's looking at who has the QB situations. If it comes down to money which it normally does Jags make sense since they don't have a clue on how to build a team since they just throw boat loads of cash at everyone

Yet we have the 3rd most cap in the league and structure contracts to which we can cut them in two years with no more money obligations if they fail...

May as well keep throwing money at players and hope our QB situation figures itself out and build the talent level around him. Wouldn't say we don't know how to build a team, just in the dark abyss of QB play for the last decade...that's what happens.

El Ramster on the sig
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
VY wrote:

@AaronWilson_NFL wrote:

Yet we have the 3rd most cap in the league and structure contracts to which we can cut them in two years with no more money obligations if they fail...

May as well keep throwing money at players and hope our QB situation figures itself out and build the talent level around him. Wouldn't say we don't know how to build a team, just in the dark abyss of QB play for the last decade...that's what happens.

Cuz that's worked so well for you guys so far... lol.

I think the league has shown that it takes a specially talented team to make it anywhere without a QB. The Broncos during Manning's last year is a prime example (although even as limited as he was physically that season, his mental game was always through the roof). The Jags have some individual talent (not more than any average team), but ultimately, I just don't see a "team" there. Maybe Coughlin can finally help fix that.

Saw an article last week on the Jags (think it was a snapshot of all teams)... can't remember where... but it said something along the lines of... in this age of parity, it takes a special kind if ineptitude to go so long without being able to crack 6 wins. I chalk that up to a lack of leadership up to the very top... and why there's a chance for change with the Coughlin hire. We had been having the same kind of problems here in TN... since the days of Fisher/Reese/Underwoood... seemed they all kept each other in check. Once Reese was gone, Fisher had all kinds of control, and little by little lost the team, and everything became office politics. Robinson seems to have fixed that... giving the team a sense of competency in the FO.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WR dominoes

Marshall to Giants (done deal)

Rumors

Jeffery - Eagles, Bears, Niners
Pryor - Eagles, Titans, Niners, Steelers, (Giants)
DJax - Bucs, Cowboys, Patriots
Cooks - Titans, Eagles
Garcon - Niners, Rams, Eagles
Britt - Patriots, Niners, Cowboys, Eagles
TSmith - Eagles, Bears
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
The WR dominoes

Marshall to Giants (done deal)

Rumors

Jeffery - Eagles, Bears, Niners
Pryor - Eagles, Titans, Niners, Steelers, (Giants)
DJax - Bucs, Cowboys, Patriots
Cooks - Titans, Eagles
Garcon - Niners, Rams, Eagles
Britt - Patriots, Niners, Cowboys, Eagles
TSmith - Eagles, Bears

Cooks or Pryor.....then lesser extents Robert Woods, I think will be their only choices.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Pryor, something to ponder...

A guy with throwing capabilities that Mularkey loved to use in Pitt: Antwan Randle El

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: