Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garcon' Asked to be Traded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Garcon' Asked to be Traded Reply with quote

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/62093/Report--Pierre-Garcon-Requested-Trade-Mid-Season/Default.aspx

Why????
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, my guess this was leaked to help the blowback when we lose him in FA.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is he thought Josh Doctson was drafted to take his job.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

Chad Dukes is the one who leaked it. I highly doubt the team is giving Dukes info.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not thrilled with losing DJax and Garcon but read a story today that I agree with--better to lose them a year too soon than a year too late .
I'm happy that we won't be stuck with a 4 year contract on 30 y o receivers.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Chad Dukes is the one who leaked it. I highly doubt the team is giving Dukes info.

I didn't think about that. Think

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
mar29020

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im ready to let both of them go. even without them we have a better recieving corps with tight ends then most teams. allocate the money to other needy positions and draft another WR
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky Hodges can do everything Garcon can, and Njoku can do everything DJax does #Championship

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

I could agree with this cept he waited till mid-season. That doesn't make sense.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

I could agree with this cept he waited till mid-season. That doesn't make sense.

It is probably because he was frustrated with the way he was used. One of the things that made Pierre Garcon so valuable to us was his downfield blocking. That's not glamorous nor something that helps a receiver get another contract, even though it is vital to the team's success. I suspect early on in the season, he felt he wasn't getting the ball enough and that the team was asking him to do the grunt work without the big payoffs.

If this story is true, it probably explains why the Redskins have made near zero effort to retain Garcon's services.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

It is probably because he was frustrated with the way he was used. One of the things that made Pierre Garcon so valuable to us was his downfield blocking. That's not glamorous nor something that helps a receiver get another contract, even though it is vital to the team's success. I suspect early on in the season, he felt he wasn't getting the ball enough and that the team was asking him to do the grunt work without the big payoffs.

If this story is true, it probably explains why the Redskins have made near zero effort to retain Garcon's services.
100% agree with this.

I'll just add that since we signed Djax, Garçon was rarely - almost never - used on deep routes. Jay switched his positions in 2014 and Garçon never seemed happy about it. If you remember Garçon was more of an intermediate to deep down field receiver in 2012 & 13 under the Shanahan's, Jay switched his position and made him the possession receiver and a short to intermediate route guy in 2014 when we signed Djax.

In 2014 Garçon lost 45 catches and his ypc went down until last year when he finally got his ypc back over 13 again.

I don't think Garçon was ever happy about it, and I don't blame him. He was also extremely frustrated with Cousins and how inconsistent he started the season the first few weeks of the season - especially when he threw late to him vs Dallas which led to that int in the endzone. It was obvious then that he wasn't happy and I think he was the guys letting the beat reporters know he wasn't happy with Kirk and why we had those reports after we started 0-2.

We should have traded Garçon during the season for a DL or FS if he really wanted out that bad. It would have been nice to trade Garçon for something like that during the season and just rolled with our younger receivers and tight ends. It certainly would have helped guys like Grant, Harris and Ross get more PT and develop.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

100% agree with this.

I'll just add that since we signed Djax, Garçon was rarely - almost never - used on deep routes. Jay switched his positions in 2014 and Garçon never seemed happy about it. If you remember Garçon was more of an intermediate to deep down field receiver in 2012 & 13 under the Shanahan's, Jay switched his position and made him the possession receiver and a short to intermediate route guy in 2014 when we signed Djax.

I don't think Garçon was ever happy about it, and I don't blame him. He was also extremely frustrated with Cousins and how inconsistent he started the season the first few weeks of the season - especially when he threw late to him vs Dallas which led to that int in the endzone. It was obvious then that he wasn't happy and I think he was the guys letting the beat reporters know he wasn't happy with Kirk and why we had those reports after we started 0-2.

We should have traded Garçon during the season for a DL or FS if he really wanted out that bad. It would have been nice to trade Garçon for something like that during the season and just rolled with our younger receivers and tight ends. It certainly would have helped guys like Grant, Harris and Ross get more PT and develop.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
big44dog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I'm not thrilled with losing DJax and Garcon but read a story today that I agree with--better to lose them a year too soon than a year too late .
I'm happy that we won't be stuck with a 4 year contract on 30 y o receivers.

Was my thinking all last year. They're both bound to lose a step sooner rather than later. Adding Pryor and Doc hopefully putting on a uniform this season we'll be fine outside

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

100% agree with this.

Hilarious considering my position last offseason was to cut Garçon and sign Sanu (7.5 million saved) or Marvin Jones (3.5 million saved) which would have given us more cap room to make our DL better and we would have gotten younger and better redzone targets for Cousins.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: