Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric's Post-Combine mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Eric's Post-Combine mock Reply with quote

Not Resigned:
Adrian Peterson
Brandon Fusco
Mike Harris
Captain Munnerlyn
Matt Asiata
Andre Smith
Shawn Hill

Resigned:
Matt Kalil - 2 Year, 10 mil
Cordarrelle Patterson - 3 year, 9 mil
Adam Thielen - 4 year, 16 mil
Audie Cole - 1 yr, min
Jeff Locke - 3 year, 4.5 mil
Zach Line - 1 year, min
Terence Newman - 1 year, 2.5 mil
Justin Tratou - 1 year, min
Rhett Ellison - 1 year, min

Free agency:

RT Rick Wagner - 5 Year, 35 Million.... (20 Million Guaranteed)
The Vikings decide to make a big splash signing by filling one of the biggest holes on the team at RT. Wagner has played exceptional for the Ravens in the past few years, and is still young as well as in the prime of his career. He will come in and immediately be our best offensive lineman. To me not much explanation is required for this signing, its obvious why Min coveted him so much. A+ signing for Rick & co.

QB Josh McCown - 1 year, 2 Million....
McCown will come in and backup the brittle Sam Bradford for 2017 while Teddy recovers. He has proven to be a solid backup, and an even better teammate as he is another coach basically. He should bring plenty of knowledge and a veteran presence on offense.

RB Latavius Murray - 3 year, 12 Million (3 mil guaranteed)
Murray will step in to the starting role here in Minnesota with their revamped Oline, but will be a part of a RBBC somewhat like he was in Oak. With the low guaranteed contract Min will have no ties to him beyond this year if a young back steps up or Murray flat out underperforms. On the plus side Murray is a big back with a nice blend of speed, power, agility that this offense needs. He should be in line for around 12-20 carries a game and be much more productive than what Asiata has been in past years.

G Chance Warmack - 1 year, 1 million
Chance will come in and compete for the RG position from day 1. Obviously hes been a bust, but hes still only 25 years old. If he flops then we can easily cut him. He could even possibly be a stopgap, while we groom a young guy.

The NFL Draft:

Round 2, No. 48 - The Minnesota Vikings select Dion Dawkins, OG/T, 6-4 314, Temple....

Quote:
The rebuild of the offensive line continues, and Dawkins will step in immediately at the starting RG. He has versatility also, can play both T spots. He's pretty athletic and powerful, with good size. To me, he could go alot earlier then this but who knows at this point.

Round 3, No. 79 - The Minnesota Vikings select Josh Jones, S, 6-1, 220, NC State....

Quote:
Jones ripped up the combine as many expected and Zim falls in love. But hes not just an athlete, he can play. He has the size and ability to play either S position. He will come in and immediately have the chance to compete to start opposite Harry. Ultimately he is viewed as the future, once Sendejo's horrid contract is up or whenever he steps up and is ready to start. This is one of those picks that Rick&Zim feel they can mold the athletic potential into something great.

Round 3, No. 86 (from Miami) - The Minnesota Vikings select Samaje Perrine, RB, 5-11, 233, Oklahoma....

Quote:
Perrine is one of my favorite backs in this draft, he's powerful and also has some ability to break some big runs. When you watch him run, he hardly ever goes down on the first hit. Didnt run the best 40, but thats not really his game. He can come in as part of the RBBC here in Min, and eventually could take over as the starter. He can also be very involved down in goal line packages. Him & Jet are the future at RB for MIN.

Round 4, No. 121 - The Minnesota Vikings select Dan Skipper, OT, 6-10, 310, Arkansas....

Quote:
Skipper is a huge 6-10 OT with experience at LT and RT, but ultimately he may not have the athleticism to be a full time starter at LT. Although he can be a nice swing T, and he has some traits to potentially develop. Depth is a big reasoning in this pick, behind Wagner our RT situation gets cloudy.

Round 4, No. 129 (from Miami) - The Minnesota Vikings select Elijah Lee, LB, 6-3, 220, Kansas St....
Quote:
Lee projects to be a WLB at the next level, and should come in with a chance to supplant Lamur out of the starting spot. He was very productive at KS and was a first team All Big 12 selection. For some reason which i dont know, wasnt invited to the combine. Has a future as a starter imo.

Round 5, No. 160 - The Minnesota Vikings select Charles Walker, DT, 6-2, 310, Oklahoma....
Quote:
A 3 tech to potentially groom for the future. Can be a part of the rotation as a rookie as well. Has the talent if he can put it all together. Hopefully will be a guy who can help rush the passer from the inside. Of course the main hope will be for Sharif Floyd to stay healthy and play well.

Round 6, No. 199 - The Minnesota Vikings select Shaq Griffin, CB, 6-0, 195, Central Florida....
Quote:
Shaq had an exceptional combine, and also played fairly well last year. He will come in and compete for a roster spot, as well as compete at that nickel spot with Mack. He could surprise some with his athletic ability.

Round 7, No. 232 - The Minnesota Vikings select Josh Dobbs, QB, 6-3, 216, Tennessee
Quote:
Dobbs is another guy who performed well at the combine. He has some tools to work with, and is a very good athlete for the position. Most likely will compete with Heineke for the #3 QB duties, and could be a guy we look at as a future backup.

Quote:
Summary - In this mock offseason, i felt like it was crucial to improve the offensive line as well as get some new blood at RB. I feel like our defense is maybe a piece or two away from being championship ready. With Floyd coming back and the addition of a young talented S/LB combo, i really feel good about where our defense currently is. As far as offense i feel like Matt Kalil will be our best option outside of a big trade that will be available to us this offseason. I feel like next year we will have a better opportunity at one with our 1st round pick. Also as much as i hate to say it, i think its time to move on from Adrian Peterson. He was the GOAT in my eyes and will always be loved. But he still has the fumble problem and isnt a very good pass catching back nor blocker. So i feel like some new talented backs should improve our run game, not to mention some better play up front. I believe Sam Bradford could have another very good year next year if we can help him out, and i think this offseason does just that. Hope yall enjoyed the mock, feedback would be great! Very Happy

Depth chart coming.........

#TEDDYTHEVIKING

Last edited by Eric dunn on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple things: if we get CP at 3 years, 9 mil I will be stoked/amazed. Talk is that he already is seeking 5+ per year.

Also, I would love Josh Dobbs in the 7th, but I think he is going to go in the mid rounds. He is outside the top 5 QB's, but is a solid developmental guy.

Also, we already tendered Theilen with a 2nd round tender, and considerably less money. Wouldn't another team need to offer him that contract and us match it to pay him the 4 mil per year?

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
Couple things: if we get CP at 3 years, 9 mil I will be stoked/amazed. Talk is that he already is seeking 5+ per year.

Also, I would love Josh Dobbs in the 7th, but I think he is going to go in the mid rounds. He is outside the top 5 QB's, but is a solid developmental guy.

Also, we already tendered Theilen with a 2nd round tender, and considerably less money. Wouldn't another team need to offer him that contract and us match it to pay him the 4 mil per year?

Ive heard the the talk of CP wanting that, but that doesnt mean someone is going to pay that for pretty much a #4 WR/KR. He may get that, in that case i dont think he will be back in Minny.

And yea Dobbs could go earlier, but i think its fairly early in the process to say where he will go. A couple of credible sites have him around the 7th, so i mocked him there.

Then on Theilen, they probably will give him the 2nd round tender. But as far as i know that doesnt prevent us from being able to negotiate a long term deal with him to lock him up. I think i read from Tomasson's twitter that there was still the possibility of them signing him to a deal soon. I could be wrong on this but i was basing it off of what i saw.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
byuvike88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From talks out their I think youre about 15 million short on Wagner, but love the signing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a few of your resignings are optimistic. I think Kalil,Patterson, Thielen, and Rhett Ellison will probably all get a little bit more than you are projecting, but I like the players you chose to keep.

I hate Latavius Murray. He reminds me of a more athletic Trent Richardson, but if we are able to get out of his contract after the first year with no penalty then I could deal with it.

I wouldn't mind picking up an OG like Warmack, Joeckel, or Fluker to try and develop, but I think it's optimistic to think that one of them and Dawkins would secure the position. I would prefer to bring in someone like Wisniewski or try to trade up for Lamp.

I don't think we have a very big need at safety. I'm pretty comfortable with Smith, Sendejo, Harris, and Kearse; Exum isn't a bad 5th option.

I really like the Perrine pick and wouldn't be surprised to see him beat out Latavius Murray for the starting spot, but outside of that pick there are no picks that I absolutely love. It kind of stinks not having a 1st round pick! Lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: